95th Rifles uniform correction please.

that shoulder straps.

Default Re: Uniforms and units change request

sry for photos. reupload.

http://imgur.com/a/AFxjf

Civis

Greetings.
    I was wondering if someone could make some more uniform options for the early Prussian army of 1805. The Prussians have a long and glorious military history from Frederick the Great and I wanted to know if there could be some more uniform options for Prussia in the beginning stages of the war with the French Republic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1806...6vcVKBGUVtM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=1806...zAXdjPZwoYM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=1806...2HdejUGMDjM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=1806...da6bifjaCiM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=1806...russian%20army

I know it seems like a lot but I think Prussia is a very interesting country that is left out a lot because of their quick defeat by Napoleon, but It would be wonderful if we had more early options of the uniform. If I can help I will.

Thank you so much

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

There is already full 1805 army for Prussia. Your request needs to be more specific, you cannot just throw a google search "with Prussian army" with dozens of images, a good part already done.

Civis

Of course I can do that. Sorry should have given more details. Here are some pics

These top halves with the Tricorn Hat and Beige pants preferably. The same would go for the second picture also. Can you do a combination of a dark Beige for some units and the other units white pants. Can you cut off the pants around the ankle so that the black shoe shoes a bit, for example something like the 3rd picture of the models.

I hope this helps. And can the Prussian blue be a little lighter, it seems very dark.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    Of course I can do that. Sorry should have given more details. Here are some pics

These top halves with the Tricorn Hat and Beige pants preferably. The same would go for the second picture also. Can you do a combination of a dark Beige for some units and the other units white pants. Can you cut off the pants around the ankle so that the black shoe shows a bit, for example something like the 3rd picture of the models.

I hope this helps. And can the Prussian blue be a little lighter, it seems very dark.

Patrician Artifex

Nothing new here. This is the same units as my line musketeer. Except for the regimental colour. I won't make additional regimental colour or named regiment variation at the moment. See opening post.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

British army units:

There are too many line regiments for the number of grenadier and light infantry regiments, the former should be reduced or the latter increased.

I'd suggest the following facing colours for each place just for variation:

Scotland - Blue
    England - Yellow
    Ireland - Green
    Wales - White
    Gibraltar - Black

All Scottish regiments should have sporrans, and plumes, Highland Grenadiers should not be paired with the Black Watch and Highland light line infantry need to be added - line not the current light infantry regiment.

Guards:

Coldstream guards can have red plumes, but MUST have white trousers as they were issued these, even at waterloo (There is conflicting ordinances on if or if not they were forfiled or not) but better them than the greniders

Grenadier guards could have white, "scots" 3rd guards blue for differentiation.

Line troops should have plumes, white over red, hanoverian troops can be given flat caps instead. if need be.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Patrician Artifex

There are too many line regiments for the number of grenadier and light infantry regiments, the former should be reduced or the latter increased.
    Suggest numbers and reason why.

About variation: no other faction has variation of colour just because of region of recruitment.

Britain had 75 infantry regiment. I use more or less half of this as a limit, with some tweaks to balance region. This gives a limit of 39 line infantry units as a base (and 32 in England)
    Then a British batallion has 10 companies, 1 grenadier, 8 center and 1 light. So for 32 line infantry units, I get 1/8 of grenadiers and light infantry. And so at the end I have 4 grenadiers units and 4 light infantry.
    Last edited by Steph; March 29, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

Steph , I would like to give an advice about polish uniforms to make them historical even more -
    1. Infantry should wear white pants (or the dark blue ones ,but without the red line on them) because white are spring-summer and darku blue are autumn-winter

2. Officers fom 1810 should look like -

3. Artilerry should wear green jackets

4. Maybe you'll add some more troops like the well known 4th Line or Legion du Nord fusiliers ?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Suggest numbers and reason why.

About variation: no other faction has variation of colour just because of region of recruitment.

Britain had 75 infantry regiment. I use more or less half of this as a limit, with some tweaks to balance region. This gives a limit of 39 line infantry units as a base (and 32 in England)
    Then a British batallion has 10 companies, 1 grenadier, 8 center and 1 light. So for 32 line infantry units, I get 1/8 of grenadiers and light infantry. And so at the end I have 4 grenadiers units and 4 light infantry.
    No other faction had such variation of standard uniforms, but I think all factions could do with the colour change and a slight stats modifier based on region just to give even extra depth at some point in the future, low on the list I'm sure, but a good idea none the less.

That would be correct maths, but wrong conclusion,

Each regiment had an average of 2 battalions each, who were separate independent units who almost never fought together, so it's more like 75 x2 = 150 units, or the number of men per unit should be doubled from ~1000, to ~2000.

The British brigade has 5 battalions, (4 regular, 1 half strength light battalion of the amalgamated light coys) which historically equaled:

1st-4th single battalions, 8 line companies of ~100 +1 Grenadier coy of 100 = 900 each = 3,600 total
    5th "light" battalion of 4x light coys = 400 men.
    Which gives 4000 men = 3,200 line, 400 light, 400 Geniders

Now in game terms this would have to equal:
    1st gen units = 410 grenadiers
    2nd-4th line units = 1060 men
    5th Light unit = 410 men
    Which gives 4,000 men = 3180 line, 410 light, 410 greniders

As apposed to the current system which gives: 3,000 line, 1,000 light, and 1,000 gren, which is double the amount of greniders and light men.

I'm sure you can see mine is more accurate.

Your current special line units are double strength, holding enough flank coys for two brigades rather than one.

Under this system an army = a division of 3 brigades and a command formation with attached artillery and riflemen.

Does that make sense?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    No other faction had such variation of standard uniforms, but I think all factions could do with the colour change and a slight stats modifier based on region just to give even extra depth at some point in the future, low on the list I'm sure, but a good idea none the less.
    1- I use the colour distinction to help differentiate between grenadier, line, fusilier, etc. Look at the recent example with Saxony: the grenadiers have red, the line infantry blue, and voltigeur green. Historically, I could have grenadiers, infantry, voltigeur, etc for each colour. But then it's harder to see which is which.
    2- Don't forget that adding more uniforms may require more slots, and the atlas are already very full.

Each regiment had an average of 2 battalions each, who were separate independent units who almost never fought together, so it's more like 75 x2 = 150 units, or the number of men per unit should be doubled from ~1000, to ~2000.
    Keep in mind it is a game, not an simulation of the whole army. I use for every faction as general rule (or guideline) limits = half number of regiment (not batallion). So it remains 75/2 = 35-40 units.

1st-4th single battalions, 8 line companies of ~100 +1 Grenadier coy of 100 = 900 each = 3,600 total
    5th "light" battalion of 4x light coys = 400 men.
    Which gives 4000 men = 3,200 line, 400 light, 400 Geniders
    Ok, so 8 line for 1 light and grenadiers. Exactly what I'm using

As apposed to the current system which gives: 3,000 line, 1,000 light, and 1,000 gren, which is double the amount of greniders and light men.
    Actually, since the 140 men in a line, and 120 light or grenadier for MOE unit, in a "batallion" the number of men would be 120 line, 120 grenadier and 1120 men. I don't see where your 3,000, 1000 and 1,000 come from in the current system. Beside you just tried to demonstrate that the current system has, according to you, a ratio of 3 - 1 -1, it should be 32 - 4 - 4 (or 8 - 1 -1 , which is my actual ratio). But complained in previous post that "line regiments for the number of grenadier and light infantry regiments". And here you ask the opposite.

I'm sure you can see mine is more accurate.
    Well, I'm sure I'm not.

Does that make sense?
    Not really, your explanation is not very consistent and rather confusing.

I use a system which I think is consistant for every factions, not only for Britain, easier to document and put in place, and also taking gameplay into account.

Rule is simple
    - Limit for units = half the number of actual regiments
    - For units with mixed type of soldiers (grenadier, line, light), I use the above limits for the line. Then for the other type, I use a ratio of the actual number of companies in a regiment / batallion
    - For the number of men in a unit, I use more or less the number of men in a company, but have a little less grenadier, and less light infantry for more balanced gameplay
    Last edited by Steph; March 31, 2016 at 09:28 AM.

1- I use the colour distinction to help differentiate between grenadier, line, fusilier, etc. Look at the recent example with Saxony: the grenadiers have red, the line infantry blue, and voltigeur green. Historically, I could have grenadiers, infantry, voltigeur, etc for each colour. But then it's harder to see which is which.
    2- Don't forget that adding more uniforms may require more slots, and the atlas are already very filled.

That would be correct maths, but wrong conclusion,

Keep in mind it is a game, not an simulation of the whole army. I use for every faction as general rule (or guideline) limits = half number of regiment (not batallion). So it remains 75/2 = 35-40 units.

Ok, so 8 line for 1 light and grenadiers. Exactly what I'm using

Actually, since the 140 men in a line, and 120 light or grenadier for MOE unit, in a "batallion" the number of men would be 120 line, 120 grenadier and 1120 men. I don't see where your 3,000, 1000 and 1,000 come from in the current system. Beside you just tried to demonstrate that the current system has, according to you, a ratio of 3 - 1 -1, it should be 32 - 4 - 4 (or 8 - 1 -1 , which is my actual ratio). But complained in previous post that "line regiments for the number of grenadier and light infantry regiments". And here you ask the opposite.

Well, I'm sure I'm not.

Not really, your explanation is not very consistent and rather confusion.

I use a system which I think is consistant for every factions, not only for Britain, easier to document and put in place, and also taking gameplay into account.

Rule is simple
    - Limit for units = half the number of actual regiments
    - For units with mixed type of soldiers (grenadier, line, light), I use the above limits for the line. Then for the other type, I use a ratio of the actual number of companies in a regiment / batallion
    - For the number of men in a unit, I use more or less the number of men in a company, but have a little less grenadier, and less light infantry for more balanced gameplay
    Good answer and good idea!We want to see your new update.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyyy View Post
    Steph , I would like to give an advice about polish uniforms to make them historical even more -
    1. Infantry should wear white pants (or the dark blue ones ,but without the red line on them) because white are spring-summer and darku blue are autumn-winter
    Indeed, I used the dark blue winter pants. Except for a few units. For more diversity. But I don't think I have a red line

2. Officers fom 1810 should look like -
    I have officer looking like this (with bicorn). What is wrong with them?

3. Artilerry should wear green jackets
    They do

Foot artillery 1805

Horse artillery 1805

4. Maybe you'll add some more troops like the well known 4th Line or Legion du Nord fusiliers ?
    Maybe, if I update France and redo the Vistula légion (Vistula and Legion du Nord is not really part of the Polish army, but special un it of the French army)

I have officer looking like this (with bicorn). What is wrong with them?
    I was typing about the voltigeur and grenadier officer.
    The grenader one should wear bearskin , and the voltigeur one should wear bicorne with yellow plume on it.

And about the red line i can give a screen of it on pants
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

Thanks for the explanations. The Polish atlas is full. To add the Officer bearskin (with a white coord), I'd need to remove another hat.
    Or use the same hat as the soldier, and then the officer doesn't stand out as much.
    So I think I'll have to keep the special officer Czapka for them.

Same for the pants: I'm using the same pants with a red line for infantry and late artillery.
    If I remove the red line, it will also be removed from the other units.

There is no slot left to make a variation

You could change the 1805-1807 infantry ,because they look like legion du nord.(plumes here are - yellow for fusiliers , green for voltigeurs and red for grenadiers)

One small recommendation, change the French infantry flag to the Règlement de 1804 variant. Considering the time period the mod is set in, it doesn't really make sense to have the 1812 flags in 1805.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Would it be possible to give the Carabinier a Cheval Officers their real armour and Helmet? The right one with the red copper.

Patrician Artifex

No, atlas already full. Maybe later if I rework completely the atlas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast