Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms and units change request

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Uniforms and units change request

If you want to see a new unit, or want some uniform change, post in this thread.

1) No guarantee that the request will be fulfilled, or when. But I'd like to have all of them in this thread for future reference, and find them easily if I have time to do them later.

2) If you don't provide a reference picture or link, or a screenshot showing clearly the current unit, and what you think should be changed, the request is a lot more likely to be ignored.

3) Don't forget we are limited by the number of slots available in the texture images. So I cannot add too many textures if the atlas is already full.

4) My modelling skills are also limited. So unless you can provide a mesh in NTW format, and the associated texture map, I can only add a uniform if the parts are already available, or can be converted from an existing part with simple vertex move/scaling.

5) For gameplay reason, I'd like to keep enough difference between units. And so sometime I'm using only one belt instead of two. Not always 100% historical I know, but if you request a change that would make a unit a virtual clone of another one (i.e. not possible to distinguish them on the battle field), there's little chances I'll do it.

6) No named regiment will be consider, unless it has a very typical uniform. If you want to see the 43rd 'Mylittlehomeshire" regiment, but it has exactly the same uniform as the existing line infantry, well, recruit a line infantry unit and rename it to your favourite regimental name. This is not a new unit.

Joniarty's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Uniforms and units change request

Just a Suggestion, But make a Prussian Foot Guard Regiment for Eastern Prussia including BLACK Great Coats(Because of the coldness of Eastern Europe). Here is a picture of How they'd somewhat look like. ( http://i.imgur.com/ZNvhTXh.jpg )

Along with making the plumes longer and more historically accurate.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

May I ask why green was used for Romanian units? Historically, green was never used by the Romanian army. The Wallachian militia army was blue with small yellow stripes and the Moldavian one was blue with small red stripes. So blue was always the dominant colour not blue.

For example here is how Wallachian line infantry looked in 1831 when the Organic Statute was implemented

Patrician Artifex

I used green because I have a reference showing Wallachian auxiliary this way for Ottoman army. What is the date for your reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I used green because I have a reference showing Wallachian auxiliary this way for Ottoman army. What is the date for your reference?
    Because wallachian didn t answer yet I will say that the year of reference is 1832-1833. We were not allowed by the ottomans to have a ”national” army until 1829 [treaty of Adrianopole/Edirne] after the beginning of the XVIIIth century. Until modern period of our history [1821 and ongoing] between 1711/16-1828/32 we had only a small guard of arnauti/albanians [alvanites] for the voivode/ruler and units of ”pandours”/frontier guard and police. In 1831 was allowed the raising of militia regiments and from 1861 a real army with models from frenc, prussian and italian state.

As bubu answered above the reference year is 1831-32. Prior to this the Wallchians did not have a European style army but only irregular militias comprised of various local militia, rangers, hajduks and town watch and foreign mercenaries (mainly Albanians).

The dress of the irregulars were a combination of Balkan and ottoman wear

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And the local Pandours

Patrician Artifex

Hard to guess the color here. Maybe they had some green

Hi Steph, before nothing let me congratulate you for this mod because it really is an awesome big project that I've been following since almost its starts (and enjoyed the hell of a lot).
    Opening this post encouraged me to write about the Spanish faction. I ain't gonna complain because you have done a pretty good job with it, but I would like to suggest more than request about them (so I don't really know if post it here, in the spanish faction post or over the suggestions one). I really know how hard is to find any good piece of information about Spanish napoleonic uniforms, spent a lot of time researching and skinning them on other game, so I'm not pretending to be a smartass nor something like that, I simply want to give you some ideas that are more than a few. By the way please forgive me if I'm writing too much, but english is not my native language so I wanted to make everything clear.
    Now, here I go:
    1) About the 1808 artillery uniform it should be the same as in the 1805 version, both type of clothing coexisted in that time period, but the 1805 reglementary uniform were more regular, also gaiters were black. I'm leaving that on your likings.
    Spoiler for Source

2) The Cazadores a caballo 1805 unit wore french style shakoes not bicorns, the same happens for all the war period. Hussars and lancers wore them too, the firsts 1810 onwards. Also please note that the 1812 Hussar model made by you are representing a specific unit: the hussards of Fernando VII; not knowing if that was intentional, but just saying that they aren't "standard model".
    Spoiler for Source

Spoiler for In game

3) The same goes for the line cavalry -caballería de línea, dragons are fine- tough this would be on the final eras of the war (1810-11 forwards). The shako were cheaper than the steel helmet, the only records that I've found of spanish cavalry wearing helmets were the cuirassiers.
    Spoiler for Source

4) The 1808 infantry onwards are fine, but just wanted to say that the most commonly supplied coat were english style, but with a plain dark blue colour and the collar and other stuff in red or other colours (depending on the regiment and zone). They also wore shakoes more than top hats, french style were the standard issue but british ones were also acquired. This also refers the 1812 infantry model, the light blue uniform was issued to a few brigades, the ones under british command. Oh and the Regimiento de la Muerte was raised on 1808 and disbanded the next year.
    Spoiler for Source

5) Also the marine infantry coat is the one that they used in the 1795, the 1805 model would be:
    Spoiler for Source

The first and third figures, the second one is a marine with out-duty uniform

Spoiler for In game

6) And at last but not the least place a point about weapons: rifles weren't generally issued until the end of the war, so during then all kind of infantry used muskets, those were made in Spain, brought to the British or captured to the French. Also the the artillery wooden frame was painted in blue.
    I hope that this post doesn’t become a pain in the ass.

Oh yes when it comes to pre-European army reform implementations everything was irregular, so definitely no set colours. Everyone had their own clothing and there was no regular uniform.

But when it comes to the implementation of the European style uniform (1830s onward) the dominant colour was blue in both Wallachia and Moldova (and later on Romania).

Moldova

And Wallachia

Patrician Artifex

I'll do blue uniforms if one day there's an expansion after 1815

Bonjour, tout d'abord je tiens à vous remercier pour tout le travail effectué sur ce mod, l'un des meilleurs mods historique sur Napoléon et de plus très complet comparé à d'autres d'après moi ^^ (Je me permet de parler français vu votre localisation, j'espère que ce choix ne dérangera pas )
    Quand j'ai vu ce post, je me suis senti très joyeux, en effet bien que le mod soit très complet, j'éprouve quelques déceptions quand je vois le roster de l'armée Suisse (Par contre j'ai été extrêmement surpris et joyeux quand j'ai vu que la nation Suisse était jouable haha ) et la tête des Suisses dans l'armée française. Etant franco-Suisse ce sujet me tient vraiment à cœur et c'est pour cela que je viens ici vous faire part de quelques suggestions :p
    Tout d'abord je me demandais si il vous était possible de reskinner les Suisses dans l'Armée Française selon ces sources:

Et également rajouter deux régiments de volontaires suisses dans la grande armée:

Pour le premier:

(Donc ici les uniformes sont comme dans le jeu pour ce régiment, je pense qu'il faudrait juste changer leurs noms )

et voici le deuxième régiment en question:

Enfin j'aimerai bien voir un régiment particulier dans ce mod à la fois dans l'armée Suisse et aussi dans l'armée française, j'ai nommé le bataillon de Neuchâtel:

Désolé pour le long post, j'aimerai avoir votre avis sur ces suggestions, en tout cas je vous remercie encore pour le travail remarquable que vous accomplissez pour ce mod !
    Last edited by CrisisLeRouge; January 23, 2016 at 07:34 AM.

I'd love to see more greek units.I just released some here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...use-by-modders
    Check them for ideas: http://www.filedropper.com/greekunitsforempiretw

Patrician Artifex

@KKB5: Some interesting units here. Maybe I can add some of them in the mod if you agree to let me reuse your texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    @KKB5: Some interesting units here. Maybe I can add some of them in the mod if you agree to let me reuse your texture.
    Use anything you like.Glad to help you.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

I'll have some detailed points on the british army units by next week once I can ply MoE again!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Patrician Artifex

@CrisisLeRouge

Pour les régiments Suisse dans l'armée Française, il y avait quatre régiments. Pour des raisons de place disponible, je n'ai fait qu'un seul uniforme (le jaune, celui du 1er regiment), qui représente l'ensemble des 4 régiments. Je ne prévois pas de faire les autres, ni de mettre un nom spécifique (pas plus que de faire plusieurs régiments de Dragons en changeant les couleurs du plastron par exemple, je fais un régiment "générique"). Sinon le mode serait 4 fois plus gros!

Le bataillon de Neuchâtel est déjà présent (2ème ligne à droite ci dessous)

D'accord, je comprend les raisons de ce choix ^^ Merci d'avoir pris le temps de répondre.
    C'est étrange pour le régiment de Neuchâtel, je dois avoir un problème avec le mod car je ne le vois nul part en bataille personnalisé :/ (Je n'ai pas testé la campagne cependant )

Hi Steph, I love more Polish and French infantry to be add like image below. can you make it?

Polish gunner engineer 1807-1810 (right with body armor and helmet)

French Sappers

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by CrisisLeRouge View Post
    D'accord, je comprend les raisons de ce choix ^^ Merci d'avoir pris le temps de répondre.
    C'est étrange pour le régiment de Neuchâtel, je dois avoir un problème avec le mod car je ne le vois nul part en bataille personnalisé :/ (Je n'ai pas testé la campagne cependant )
    It''s only available to France in the middle period

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    May I ask why green was used for Romanian units? Historically, green was never used by the Romanian army. The Wallachian militia army was blue with small yellow stripes and the Moldavian one was blue with small red stripes. So blue was always the dominant colour not blue.

For example here is how Wallachian line infantry looked in 1831 when the Organic Statute was implemented

From "Russo-Turkish War of 1806-1812" by Lieutenant-General Alexander Mikhailovsky-Danilevsky (translated by Alexander Mikaberidze) - the Hospadar of Wallachia, Prince Constantine Ipsilanti, accompanied the Russian forces to Bucharest, in November 1806. He reorganised the local forces and suggested to the Moldovian Divan, the formation of a 10,000 man army who would wear "GREEN" uniforms an d special headgear, and be called Macedonian Dragoons. The newly raised troops were sent to the front to support the Russian army. Apparently from Dionisie Eclisiarhul, Cronograful Tarii Romanesti edited by C. I. Nicolaescu-Propsor (Rimnicu Vilcea 1934) page 137.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast