Thread: Snow

Default Snow

is it possible to totally remove the snow, the season including snow. I really dislike playin on a white grassless ground, its just looks very bad. Do i have to change the map climates or simply remove the season change ? and how please

thank you

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Default Re: Snow

moved to modworkshop
    lets see
    Last edited by vikrant; November 27, 2006 at 11:56 AM.
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

i think it was in RTW, perhaps MTWII too

i like snowy ground even more than the green one o.0

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Belongs in the mapping forum I'd say.

Answer: yes you can remove snowy climates. The quick and dirty way is to edit the file map_climates.tga (make a back up first) by replacing all the northern climates with the mediterranean one.

In RTW it was also possible to remove snow from a climate itself by editing descr_geography.db. Whether we can in M2TW we won't know until we get the unpacker (this is getting old).
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Filip_bre View Post
    is it possible to totally remove the snow, the season including snow. I really dislike playin on a white grassless ground, its just looks very bad. Do i have to change the map climates or simply remove the season change ? and how please

thank you
    The snow in STW was great
    The snow in MTW was crap
    The snow in RTW was crap
    The snow in M2TW is just beautiful

Peace..

when i open map_climates , there s just a black screen ? What the program i should open this file with ? And then, what do i have to do ? With this change, what bad effect will it have on the game (different trees, grass type..?)
    IF it is simple, can a moder or someone who knows to do that, do it for me, and could download it here ?

what do i have to do in map climates

somebody knows ? i would like to have snow only in the very north, not in all europe;; what chnage do i have to do in map_climates and what kind of file is that, as when i open it there s blank ?