Thread: Unable to Start Roma Surrectum 2.

Libertus

Default Unable to Start Roma Surrectum 2.

I've Just reinstalled Rome 1 Into the C/Games Folder, made sure I could launch the game and start a campaign, which worked. I'm on Windows 10 also, I did have to put -ne into the launch options in steam for Rome 1 to get it to start. I've run and set everything to admin privileges, the game installed fine but when I get to RS 2 launcher, I select to use my Rome: Total War exe, Using Rome One Turn, with Steam as YES, I entered my username also then click start, after that nothing loads, and the launcher Is unresponsive by the means of no buttons responding to me clicking them, I do not get any Windows Error messages or Task Manager telling me it's crashed.

Thanks for making this great mod, much appreciated for my pass time playing it on Windows 7. Thanks a bunch

EDIT: I've just Installed 2.6, a different problem occurred now. I've got the same options chosen, but now I get a steam pop up saying it's unable to find the executables, like Rome TW.exe and Rome TW-BI exe even though I have installed the mod into the C/ Games, over a fresh and renamed folder of Rome: Total War.
    Last edited by Iameggman; January 17, 2016 at 05:30 AM.

Default Re: Unable to Start Roma Surrectum 2.

"Steam" - this is the problem you are looking for.

A little searching will save you a lot of angst - and allow you to blame CA along with everyone else
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Libertus

So Steam is the problem, and Roma Surrectum 2 won't run with the Rome: Total War version? I have the disc version of RTW, but It never launched with Windows 10 for me.

Quite frankly, I'd advise you to download a crack and don't bother with steam. It's what I did, I don't want to lose any time on pointless problems when there is an easier solution out there.
    Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaCreeper View Post
    Quite frankly, I'd advise you to download a crack and don't bother with steam. It's what I did, I don't want to lose any time on pointless problems when there is an easier solution out there.
    Do you have a link for the crack?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dustyn214 View Post
    Do you have a link for the crack?
    Against forum rules, so no.