Thread: NEW on-going Let's Play of WotN: VIKINGS Sub-Mod, Swebiuö Campaign under King Ragnar Lodbrokk!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default NEW on-going Let's Play of WotN: VIKINGS Sub-Mod, Swebiuö Campaign under King Ragnar Lodbrokk!

M2TW: KINGDOMS: Wrath of the Norsemen: VIKINGS SUBMOD PREVIEW Video!:

Part 1
    : "Ragnars New Legend!"

I am playing as the Viking faction of Swebiuö (Swedes) and trying to form a greater Swedish dominance throughout northern Europe. and Scandinavia. The mod is called "Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS SUBMOD".

I don't comment while i am playing due to not being used to it.. I tried recording my voice while playing, but it sounded badly så i decided to not use my voice in this let's play.

The main obstacles for the Swebiuö (Swedish Vikings of Svealand) is of course the vikings of Danmörk (Denmark), but also the vikings of Gautland (Götaland) and of Gutland (Gotland). The Hämö people of Finland may also be a threat should i decide to raid there..

The Swedes are led by their leader King Ragnarr Lodbrokk (who was a Swedish crown prince historically among the Vikings, who managed to take the throne of Danmörk after a couple of wars.)

Ragnar Lodbrokk (the main character of the TV-series Vikings) is the King of the Swebiuö in this game, as it takes place before he beomes Jarl of Danmörk.

It's time for Ragnars legend to begin!

This is a new let´s play with my SUB-MOD, and i am playing the same campaign as before but from the beginning again with all the changes my SUB-MOD enables.

The Swebiuö will start with all their territories, as will all the other factions in the game - and the rebels are almost non-existent. However, settlements can still revolt if not garrisoned. And there are rebel fleets roaming around the baltic sea!

The economy is working as it should so i don't need to cheat as in the previous let's play. All factions start at war with everyone! The main change is the new music of this sub-mod, that enables you to better immerse yourself in the period of the dark ages and the vikingage.

In this particular episode the Swebiuö under King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnarr Lothbrokk will be building up their villages and economy. But will the southern neighbours of Gutland (Gotland) and Gautland (Götaland) be passive or attack?

That's the question...

Part 2: "Ragnar Strikes back!"

The Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, strikes back at Gautland for conquering the village of Linkaupangr earlier. If the attack is successful it might be time to counterinvade and raid the villages of Gautland!

At sea the small fleets of Ragnarr and the Swebiuö must avoid both the rebel fleets and the Gutlandish fleet that beat it badly in the earlier clash.

Part 3: "Gautland getting backup!"

In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, continues their attack on Gautland. But Gautland is sending reinforcements to the besieged settlement, reinforcements Ragnar may have to deal with in the field before they can join up with the besieged forces inside of the village!

Part 4: "Raiding Kvenland"!

In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, open up a new front in the north against Kvenland/Kvänland and the peaceful sami people!

Part 5: "Raiding Gautland"!

In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, fight in both the south and the north. In the north an army of the Swebiuö has to fight it's way out of an encirclement by the Kvens/Kväni near the Kvenlandish/Kvänlandish capital of Kaliss. In the south raids are going on against Gautlandish villages!

Part 6: "Freyseyr attacked"!

[/YOUTUBE]In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, pillages one more Gautlandi village, has to defend against invasion from the Norwegian Viking faction of Hälogaland in the far north as Freyseyr is under attack - and the final assault on the Gautlandi is about to begin, if everything works out according to plan Gautland may be defeated!

(This is as far as i have gotten yet in this let's play).

Let's Play M2TW:K WotN: Vikings SUB-MOD:

Gutland campaign: "Viking Raiders!":

The Gutland campaign was a short one due to the game crashing everytime at turn 6. This didn't happen with the Swebiuö and i don't know what's the problem with the Gutland faction.

I do know that it has to do with the rebels as the game is crashing whenever it is their turn on turn number 5 to 6.

It was a fun campaign up until the crash.

Some epic raiding battles in this fun Let's Play. Too bad it crashed as i like playing Gutland the underdog..

If i recall correctly Gutland did crash in the original mod to.

This Let's Play is dead, as the mod is dead in this form.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Default Re: NEW on-going Let's Play of WotN: VIKINGS Sub-Mod, Swebiuö Campaign under King Ragnar Lodbrokk!

I just realized that my videos are shaky in battles unlike when i was playing..

What movie-maker do people use i wonder? I use the windows movie maker and it may be the problem. I hate lag.. Anyone know of a better program?

Default Re: NEW on-going Let's Play of WotN: VIKINGS Sub-Mod, Swebiuö Campaign under King Ragnar Lodbrokk!

Due to the recorder my videos became "lagy".. I therefore chose to end this let's play and start a new one with another recorder.

Unfortunately i played as Gutland (Gotland) and the game crashed on turn number 5-6.. That wasn't the case playing with the Swebiuö. Now i have to start a new one and hope it doesn't crash like the Gutlandic one. I may start a new one as the Swebiuö if that's the case as they didn't crash.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 17, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

I may actually continue the Swebiuö campaign as the remaining parts doesn't seem to be lagy.

Part 3:

In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, continues their attack on Gautland. But Gautland is sending reinforcements to the besieged settlement, reinforcements Ragnar may have to deal with in the field before they can join up with the besieged forces inside of the village!

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2016 at 07:08 AM.

Let's Play M2TW:K WotN: Vikings SUB-MOD: Gutland campaign: "Viking Raiders":

The Gutland campaign was a short one due to the game crashing everytime at turn 6. This didn't happen with the Swebiuö and i don't know what's the problem with the Gutland faction.

I do know that it has to do with the rebels as the game is crashing whenever it is their turn on turn number 5 to 6.

It was a fun campaign up until the crash.

Some epic raiding battles in this fun Let's Play. Too bad it crashed as i like playing Gutland the underdog..

If i recall correctly Gutland did crash in the original mod to.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2016 at 07:10 AM.

Let's Play M2TW:K WotN: VIKINGS SUBMOD: Swebiuö Campaign Part 4: "Raiding Kvenland"!

In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, open up a new front in the north against Kvenland/Kvänland and the peaceful sami people!

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2016 at 07:16 AM.

Let's Play M2TW:K WotN: VIKINGS SUBMOD: Swebiuö Campaign Part 5: "Raiding Gautland"!

In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, fight in both the south and the north. In the north an army of the Swebiuö has to fight it's way out of an encirclement by the Kvens/Kväni near the Kvenlandish/Kvänlandish capital of Kaliss. In the south raids are going on against Gautlandish villages!

Let's Play M2TW:K WotN: VIKINGS SUBMOD: Swebiuö Campaign Part 6: "Freyseyr attacked"!

[/YOUTUBE]In this particular episode the Swebiuö, led by King/Jarl/Konungr Ragnar Lodbrook, pillages one more Gautlandi village, has to defend against invasion from the Norwegian Viking faction of Hälogaland in the far north as Freyseyr is under attack - and the final assault on the Gautlandi is about to begin, if everything works out according to plan Gautland may be defeated!

(This is as far as i have gotten yet in this let's play).
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2016 at 07:20 AM.

Thread updated as links have been removed to videos- videos embedded instead!

Due to the many CTD:s, this version was removed in late january from MODDB- and replaced with a more stable version with less changes.

The more stable version was removed because of the heavy use of full scores that might have breached copyrights. I cut all the scores in half, and released a new version in early may- but in the end i didn't feel secure and decided to remove the mod entirely.

A new version is in the works-
    and it will feature a new hotseat-mode added by me, new Agent/General/Family member traits and ancillaries added by Juzy90, new models for some of the agents in game, hopefully new units and shortened music tracks -i hope to only use like up to fourty sec of most songs, to be on the safe side as that's fair use as it only resembles like a fourth of the full songs.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2016 at 08:06 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal