Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Militia loons in Oregon are humiliated, and it is GLORIOUS

Default Re: Militia loons in Oregon are humiliated, and it is GLORIOUS

Likely to just lead to domestic terrorists continuing to attack federal facilities until they get the Waco they're so desperate to create.

These kinds incidents are a net gain to society, and show that the "spirit of resistance" is alive and well. Ideally these incidents wouldn't cause any deaths or injuries, but it seems the government's leaders are always very poor and incredibly mishandle the situation.
    Last edited by Prodromos; October 28, 2016 at 03:09 PM.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

That Finicum guy committed a textbook case of suicide by cop. He had it coming.

Reading a statement by one of the jurors, the prosecution didn't prove conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt. They should've just tried the fruitcakes for criminal trespass because that was all but guaranteed. This is like a batter swinging for the fences when he really should settle for a double.

I'm putting this verdict in the same category with Emmett Till and OJ Simpson.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

So armed men seize government property with intent on violence and they get to go free. Meanwhile, with unarmed protestors in Standing Rock...
    https://www.wired.com/2016/10/standi...ches-facebook/
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ine-protesters
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Well, being white has its privileges.

Right wingers protesting on federal land = "I hope they are all killed."

Left wingers protesting violently on private and federal land = "Keep up the good work!'

Right-wingers protesting conviction of two ranchers = They're within their rights and not doing anything wrong
    ARMED right-wing militia threatening violence and occupying federal land = I hope they get thrown in jail
    Armed and dangerous, clearly disturbed militiaman trying to throw down with a state trooper = He should be put in the ground with extreme prejudice
    Unarmed, peaceful Indians defending their reservation = They're within their rights and not doing anything wrong

You're talking about the pipeline thing in North Dakota, right?

From my limited caring on this, apparently the issue was the government tried to overstate its case on conspiracy charges instead of the obvious ones. Dunno if its true or not, but it wouldn't be surprising.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

People seem to use the term terrorists to describe pretty much any group whose ideas they don't like, regardless of how far away the group is form the actual definition of what "terrorism" is.
    From the factual standpoint, militias are not terrorists and their movement is secular. The issue here is federal government overstepping its boundaries by pretty much attempting to starve a bunch of farmers, and although farmers did jump the shark by carrying guns, they still didn't do anything wrong. Comparing them to actual terrorist groups like FSA or ISIS because they have guns is like comparing Obama to Mao, because both enforced public healthcare.
    Also I find it ironic how people who oppose militias peacefully protesting are supporting BLM and influx of economic migrants from islamic third world into Europe (who engage in actual acts of terrorism). That is some Olympic level of doublethink. Won't be surprised that after Trump is elected, they themselves will be calling for some kind of violent acts against the government.