Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tulkas' FATW Let's Play!

Default Re: Tulkas' FATW Let's Play!

Yeah, that's probably my favorite moment in the movies too, when the horsemen come over the hill and it's all cool and shizz.

But it isn't self-promotion, now is it. So many people have put so much effort into the mod. But yeah, I know what you mean.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Indeed, that is why I find it bearable - because I am promoting primarily on behalf of MoN and Aradan and Count and Eorl and so many others, and they are all people I have great respect for.

It's why I get more touchy than I should when people (usually unintentionally) belittle their efforts.

Oh. Well then you shouldn't hang around me too much. Much insecurity! All belittlement! But yeah- they get tons of these messages every day, worst case is they glance at it for five seconds and then look away. Happy times.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yes indeed, nothing to lose!

So Tulkas, is it Harondor?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

The Dwarves are ahead by three votes at the moment, so unless you find yourself four Harandorians in the next couple of days it would seem that the Dwarves it will be.

Good - I think the Dwarves will be more interesting to most players, and I think they'll be more entertaining than Harondor (more options overall, and not a loooong slog against Harad for half of the campaign).

Not that I don't really like Harondor!

Yeah. I was rather surprised that Harandor was so popular though- I'd have expected it to be the least popular out of all the factions on offer. And Dorwinion came in third. It seems the voters favor the Polands of the world for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkasthevaliant View Post
    Yeah. I was rather surprised that Harandor was so popular though- I'd have expected it to be the least popular out of all the factions on offer. And Dorwinion came in third. It seems the voters favor the Polands of the world for whatever reason.
    because they make the best sausages.

I assume the Dwarves make the best sausages.

I will NOT sit here and let you all malign the sausage-making abilities of the Hobbits.

Baruk Khazâd! The Dwarven Kingdom won the poll with ten votes to Harandor's eight, and so the new series commences yaaaaay happinessjoy. Orcs and Rhun and Tharbad- stalwart foes all, but will I be able to redeem myself from my crushing defeat in the last campaign? Who knows! I really need to get better at writing this kind of stuff someday. Or perhaps it just adds to my charm! Yeah, we'll say that. Huzzah!

The new first episode in the Dwarven Kingdom campaign can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKXDrUjAWgg

Also, the playlist for my campaign playing the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ua3Xt2VzCD98z8

Finally, I would as always like to encourage viewer feedback. I've already recorded nine episodes in this series (all in one session, making a total of eleven episodes recorded that day, a new record for me!) but I reckon I'll wait a bit before recording any more to solicit counsel from the more prudent members of my audience. Okay, look, if we all had the writing skills of CountMRVHS, I... can't think of any downside, actually. Oh well. Viewer engagement FTW!

Khazad ai-menu!

Awesome, looking forward to it - good luck!

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Hooray!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thanks for continuing to support the mod on Youtube, Tulkas

btw, some of your links are broken in the Youtube descr, and there is an ad for Med2 rather than Rome 1....
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Fixed, thanks! Not sure what you mean about Med2 though, I don't think I've mentioned it anywhere?

I can see no change.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Those adds are probably targeted MoN, you're seeing Med2 because you've visited Med2 related sites lately.

But Youtube should know I prefer RTW!

Yes, it's likely an ad...never noticed them before!

But the TWC links are still broken (or 2 of the 3 are)

But why would someone be advertising Med2? It's like a decade old game. More importantly, why would an ad be showing on my video? I have monetization disabled, both because making three cents a week isn't enough for me to care and because Sega only allows approved YouTubers to monetize their videos. (Sega apparantly takes a very unfriendly stance to LPers; I have some friends that refuse to play any Sega games for that reason) Are you talking about like the suggested videos in the right-hand column? That's the only thing I can think of...

And yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the links getting broken. The thing is that YouTube automatically causes it to trail off in the video description (so I have to copy my descriptions from the info and settings tab rather than the video desciption itself) but they always work anyway. This is probably just a temporary glitch of some kind. Oh, YouTube.
    Last edited by Tulkasthevaliant; April 05, 2016 at 01:25 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast