Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: People of Rome 2 (P++) - Main Discussion

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: People of Rome 2 (P++)

Thank you PhilipO'Hayda, we appreciate your help!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

UPDATE: Economic impacts explanation added to OP

Senator

This really looks fantastic.
    Are the social classes going to be tailored to the faction?, for example, will the Spartans have the Spartiate class & Helots.
    And if they are tailored to the faction, how will this be handled when capturing a city?, will the classes change automatically to the new faction, or will all the current classes become the foreign class, and a slow trickle of the new factions classes make their way into the city? this would be an ideal way of cultural change instead of the % used currently.

It never ceases to amaze me how far this game has been improved by the community, fantastic work!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    This really looks fantastic.
    Are the social classes going to be tailored to the faction?, for example, will the Spartans have the Spartiate class & Helots.
    And if they are tailored to the faction, how will this be handled when capturing a city?, will the classes change automatically to the new faction, or will all the current classes become the foreign class, and a slow trickle of the new factions classes make their way into the city? this would be an ideal way of cultural change instead of the % used currently.

It never ceases to amaze me how far this game has been improved by the community, fantastic work!
    There will be culturally/factionally specific class names. We currently have 8 done with some more yet do add.

When a region is conquered the population will be foreign and citizen pop will have to be grown from the ground up.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    There will be culturally/factionally specific class names. We currently have 8 done with some more yet do add.

When a region is conquered the population will be foreign and citizen pop will have to be grown from the ground up.
    A dream come true

Hello! And you will show the population statistics for a particular city (as Mitch), or for the region as a whole?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Hey Guys!

I have two agendas to address:

• This may have gone under in the barrage of asked questions, but is it possible to add in an efranchisment option?

More of the proposed ideas about this here!

• How about adding taking over population in their classes for factions of similar culture?

F.e.: Ptolemies/Seleucids/Attalids taking over their respective Macedonian citizens.

Some Seleucid κατοικίαι were taken over by Pergamum after the battle of Magnesia, without any loss of privilage or function.
    I´d say the same would have happened if Antiochos IV hadn´t been stopped by Popillius Laenas.

Logically speaking it would have been rather wasteful to not use a scarce military asset of such value.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@Xranitel - population is based on the region, not for a city. This is done because soldiers were not only recruited from city populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Hey Guys!

I have two agendas to address:

• This may have gone under in the barrage of asked questions, but is it possible to add in an efranchisment option?

More of the proposed ideas about this here!

• How about adding taking over population in their classes for factions of similar culture?

F.e.: Ptolemies/Seleucids/Attalids taking over their respective Macedonian citizens.

Some Seleucid κατοικίαι were taken over by Pergamum after the battle of Magnesia, without any loss of privilage or function.
    I´d say the same would have happened if Antiochos IV hadn´t been stopped by Popillius Laenas.

Logically speaking it would have been rather wasteful to not use a scarce military asset of such value.
    1) Thats an idea we may add in the future but not for the first release and probably also not for the vanilla version

2) As with 1, that is something that will probably be added to the Vae Victis version and not vanilla (maybe DeI? will let a dei member decide that though)

The vanilla version will be a more simplified version than what VV will get and probably also more simplified than what DeI will get (though I cant speak for the changes DeI plans to make)

Another simplification vanilla will have is that at the start there will be almost no foreign population. Foreign population will only be created via conquest. VV however, will have starting foreign populations especially in the east.

Why a simple version for vanilla? vanilla isn't meant to be historical. Its meant to be fun and easy to learn/understand. Additionally, the more fine details of the mod will likely vary between DeI and VV. So consider this vanilla version of the mod as a P++ Lite.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

This mod is currently in pre-Beta and is currently being tested by VV and DeI testers while we continue to finish the last few bits and pieces that are left.

Once the VV and testers are happy with it, we will open it up to others for testing (still closed testing) and after that it will be released.

If you'd like to be one of those testers, post here and either litharion or myself will contact you.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

updated OP

Immigration mechanic explanation

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Gonna be tough to recruit and maintain an army of elite spartans with less than 900 left

And no i didnt recruit any units with that pop yet. All my recruits so far were Perioikoi and Heilotes (in another region ofc)

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post

Gonna be tough to recruit and maintain an army of elite spartans with less than 900 left
    Nice. Losing your elite units hurts now atleast double as much.

Funny fact is that THAT Heilote is working here and there in the whole Lacedaemon territory,...now THAT'S a slave as it's maximun expression lol
    Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; February 09, 2016 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: People of Rome 2 (P++) - Main Discussion

good Work!!

I know it is just a test and this pic does not represent the final outcome of the mod but in case those numers are not an example they are totlay wrong Mag.. 33.000 Neodamodeis? (meaning new citizens) and 1 helote ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    I know it is just a test and this pic does not represent the final outcome of the mod but in case those numers are not an example they are totlay wrong Mag.. 33.000 Neodamodeis? (meaning new citizens) and 1 helote ?
    the class names have changed for sparta now and starting helotes have been added

Can hardly wait for this. This one and Greeks at War are keeping me on the edge

Bravo most impressive !!!!

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I just read that you added AI implementation to the to-do-list!

Awesome!

Here some suggestions from my side:
    I´d make it as simple as possible, since the AI can´t react to the finer nuances of the system anyway.
    I don´t know how much lag it would cost to have multiple pop classes for the AI.
    But if it doesn´t extend lag too much, I´d have two classes representing rich and poor, with no distinction of social classes.
    The proportions of their relative size to each other and their respective size to each of their "optimum" size should then cause economic and military effects.
    But these should be gated to certain minima and maxima, so the AI doesn´t starce it´s economy and can´t recruit anymore.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Or even some concrete values for effects?

Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    I just read that you added AI implementation to the to-do-list!

Awesome!

Here some suggestions from my side:
    I´d make it as simple as possible, since the AI can´t react to the finer nuances of the system anyway.
    I don´t know how much lag it would cost to have multiple pop classes for the AI.
    But if it doesn´t extend lag too much, I´d have two classes representing rich and poor, with no distinction of social classes.
    The proportions of their relative size to each other and their respective size to each of their "optimum" size should then cause economic and military effects.
    But these should be gated to certain minima and maxima, so the AI doesn´t starce it´s economy and can´t recruit anymore.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Or even some concrete values for effects?

Best regards
    The AI will get the exact same classes as the player but perhaps a % boost to their growth depending on how they cope