Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Reports

Default Re: Campaign Reports

I had buildings cost 1 mirian in a few of my cities. I know that the Dwarves get a garrison when they get a city diplomatically...

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    1 mirian!? I've never seen that, and I thought I went a little crazy with construction upgrades in my last campaign. The lowest cost I ever saw was 1,000-2,000, I think.

As for the zero-garrison settlements, I think that's normal for the Elves/Dwarves when they bribe a settlement.
    I noticed my Halbediers only cost 1 Mirian to retrain in laer Helcar being able to retrain them there was strange in itself

Huh, maybe I just didn't build enough of the Stone industry buildings.

Dwarven victory!

This is the only toggle_fow pic I took; it shows the new center of Harad's power (after I basically disemboweled them in their homelands)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The army in the screenshot was en route from the Blue Mountains to Narag-zigil, to meet up with my only FM in the North and a substantial army including catapults and wain bows. The idea was to just tear through Rhun's cities on a crusade of vengeance, but I was able to take the 25th city before then.

I was happy to have a good amount of Dwarves left in Harad even decades after their arrival. It warms my heart to see Dwarves of the Iron Hills besieging Umbar and to know that the unit traveled from almost the exact opposite of the map

No fancy diplomatic stuff this time. The most I did was get Military Access agreements to send the 3 armies down to Harad via Rhun and Khand. I was never really in a position to get a protectorate anyway, I think; my income rarely got over 50k, and I didn't have overwhelming numerical superiority vs any of my major foes. If the Beorning war had lasted longer, maybe I could have made them a protectorate.

The RK stubbornly refused to give me military access, even when offered 10k, so I just marched my Lune army across their northern territory and crossed my fingers. Relations stayed good (we're still allied), although for a moment I regretted gifting them Harmen (? that coastal Northern Umbar territory), as they sent a small force marching toward one of my towns. I was able to get them to back off, thankfully.

I did reload at one point after mistakenly ending a turn on Elven territory and getting attacked. Nope! Do-over. It's not possible to cross Mithlond or Lothlorien in one turn unless you have an FM who gives more movement points, I guess. And the lack of FMs in the North was something of a problem.

I did the majority of my building before the southern invasion. Never got around to opening the West-gate of Moria, and I didn't build everything everywhere. Towards the end I was focused on getting Dominion buildings in Harad/Harondor, and then building up to my Hireling facilities where necessary.

The later battles were really fun, with a good mix of Hireling units - Hireling Guard, Hireling Southron Spears, Hireling Swerting Skirmishers, Hireling Harondor Riders - and Dwarves, plus assorted mercenaries. This variety really lends a great deal of replayability to the Dwarven campaign. I would have loved to hold land in Khand and get Hireling horse archers, but that just leaves me something else to do.

Otherwise, one thing I was concerned with in the South was lack of any long-range troops apart from those mercs I recruited in Rhovanion, Dale, and Rhun. I needed to keep those guys alive in order to counter the enemy archers, who can wear down your precious Dwarven troops. Toward the end I was just using & abusing the Swerting Skirmishers as a front line to soak up missile fire while my melee guys trundled forward.

Catapults, man. Just a single unit of catapults - amazingly effective, especially when attacking (since the enemy stays put), and especially against those big blocks of infantry Harad likes to train. Wish I'd brought more. I think I'd prefer them to the Wain Bows, if I had to choose.

May post some more pics later. Hope your campaigns are going well!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I noticed my Halbediers only cost 1 Mirian to retrain in laer Helcar being able to retrain them there was strange in itself

I was under the impression that troop training discounts are capped at 50%; but perhaps this is only for initial recruitment and not for retraining.

Huh, maybe I just didn't build enough of the Stone industry buildings.

To get the cost down to 1 mirian you need to have a good and attuned governor with the stonemason ancillary (-40%) along with the cost-reduction construction industry. i think that gives a potential 3 or 4 homelands that can achieve the 1 mirian cost. As I have not done much expansion yet, I cannot say if other provinces can get that kind of discount.

I did reload at one point after mistakenly ending a turn on Elven territory and getting attacked. Nope! Do-over. It's not possible to cross Mithlond or Lothlorien in one turn unless you have an FM who gives more movement points, I guess.

I have found in previous campaigns that the Elves are not to be trusted (and not just when I am playing them). I think this may be, in part, due to the extremely high combat value of Elven troops making the player's armies just too tempting of a target. I would recommend getting military access with the Shire. I think all the Dwarven units have enough MP to get from Lune to Undertowers without a stopover on Elven territory, and, if the Shire gets uppity, who cares?

Catapults, man. Just a single unit of catapults - amazingly effective, especially when attacking (since the enemy stays put), and especially against those big blocks of infantry Harad likes to train. Wish I'd brought more. I think I'd prefer them to the Wain Bows, if I had to choose.

Back when TNS had that ridiculously low upkeep for catapults I used to field stacks of them. Fun to obliterate full hordes of Haradrim on those bridges TNS had. I also use to let Harad take Râd Harnen and then pound the city flat over and over again to grind up their armies. Fun times.

Only a few turns again. Now on turn 45.

I have shifted all my available forces east of the Misty Mountains to the Northern Wastes, but I can already see this is going to be overkill.

One of the non-available forces is a half stack I am sending round about toward Lathron (trying to stay on territory I have military access to). Sharing a border with RK is probably not a good idea, but I cannot resist the chance at a wonder of my very own.

I have taken Tharngarth Hold already: just one unit defending that I was able to obliterate with my Catapult without even approaching the walls (Aagh! 21 turns to start converting even with Dwarven construction industries!). The Orc stacks do not seem to pursue my stacks unless they are on the same province, and even then, not when I own the province. Since all the land in the northern wastes is wasteland, the Orcs do not seem to be able to do any damage via devastation. I expect I will just leave them there. I can probably use them later to train my scouts and rogues. I expect once I have taken all the Orc holds I will have nothing better to do than attack the Beornings.

I am really impressed with Dunland. Against both RK and Rohan they are not only holding, but have taken back Dunfreca and Erindôl. And Rohan doesn't even have any other enemies to fight at this point. Damn!

Still waiting for something to happen in Eriador.

I hope Dunland manages to get big in your campaign. In mine, they held out for about as long as I expected - initially doing a good job of defending, but once they started to lose territory, they crumbled quickly.

If Tharbad does ok, that might make things interesting for you in the area.

Update:

So I'm now around the year F.A. 410 or so.

1. The unstoppable red tide of Harad has begun sweeping through Gondor. (I'm still running version 3.1. Not sure if they've been more balanced in the latest update, but they still seem a bit too uber, especially if RK doesn't kill off Adunabar quickly in the south.) Rohan managed to kill off Dunland and has been desperately sending stacks south to assist RK, but they've been beaten back past Calenhad. Dunno if I will
    manage to send a relief force in time to help. In the meanwhile, I've been underwriting both the RK and Rohan to the tune of gifting about 10,000 mirian each every other turn. I had amassed about 130,000 up until then, so I haven't really felt much loss to my economy.

2. Rhovanion was swallowed up by Rhun, who then attacked Dorwinion, who at some point during my ceasefire with Adunabar managed to become allied with them. That has strained our relationship since I've been on and off defending RK from Aduanabar in Arnor, compounded more when I managed to "buy" Belegost from Rhun for about 7,000 mirian. North Rhun has hoarded and was floating between Rhun and Dorwinion before trying to take Belegost from me. I quickly ran an army of Rhovanian mercs, a few Dwarven units, catapaults, and wain bows up and mauled them badly. Don't think they'll last long.

3. In the far northern wastes, I've been slowly expanding east to west, taking the Orc holds one at a time and developing them. I imagine I'll stop
    once I hit Gundabad.

4. I own Threeways and Sarnford in Arnor. RK still hangs on to Annuminas, but has been struggling to keep Adunabar from taking and retaking Bree, Fornost, Tern-Fivel (or however you spell than northern town near Lune), and Amon Sul. Basically, I go and attack Adunabar, gift the freed town back to RK along with some money, and then make a ceasefire with Adunabar, then rinse & repeat. I did manage to buy Ost-En-Ethil from Adunabar and then gifted it to the Elves, so hopefully that will give me a safe border from Tharbad if they ever get expansionist, although Adunabar has been keeping them at bay, too.

I think my next steps will be to stabilize the east once Rhun eventually kills of Dorwinion, then work with Dale to keep them away. I may venture an expedition down to Gondor to help relieve pressure against Harad, but I need to get military access from Rhun first. Otherwise, Harad is currently fighting RK, Roham, Far Harad, Khand, AND Adunabar and winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Laddie View Post
    I may venture an expedition down to Gondor to help relieve pressure against Harad, but I need to get military access from Rhun first. Otherwise, Harad is currently fighting RK, Roham, Far Harad, Khand, AND Adunabar and winning.

One of the more effective ways to help your allies is to get military access and then block a chock point, like Poros, between them and their enemy. So long as you are not at war with that enemy they will not be able to cross, or attack you while you are on your ally's soil.

I hope Dunland manages to get big in your campaign. In mine, they held out for about as long as I expected - initially doing a good job of defending, but once they started to lose territory, they crumbled quickly.

If Tharbad does ok, that might make things interesting for you in the area.

I believe Dunland is doing as well as it is because it has lost none of it's starting settlements, so its unit production has never been interrupted.

If Tharbad would just get its act together and take Threeways my campaign would be so much easier. As it is I do not want to be at war with Adunabar while Hollowbold is still vulnerable to attack, which means I cannot attack Lathron yet. If RK gets around to besieging Lathron it may force my hand. Now, if Adunabar does send a stack toward Hollowbold, that might bring the garrison at Sarnford low enough for me to take the settlement. But, if it does not have walls yet, I doubt I would be able to hold it. Unfortunately, the evidence is that Adunabar is just getting stronger in Eriador.

Only progressed 2 turns last night. Too tired. So not much to report on my activities.

Rhovanion offered me 20k for a ceasefire again, which I took. I still have units in place to resume hostilities once RK or Dorwinion attack them. There is the danger that Rhun might attack them. If they do, that will, at least, isolate Rhovanion diplomatically, but if Rhun besieges both settlements at once, there wont be anything I can do to prevent Rhovanion's demise short of allying with Rhun; which: no.

Rhun has several large stacks in and around RK's newly acquired territory. It was Rhun that got Barad-eden; surprised me as RK was the one besieging the place in the previous turn. If RK collapses under pressure from Rhun this will leave me in a very uncomfortable position.

I have had the idea that I might like to try controlling only the most profitable settlements on the map. Has anyone compiled a list of which those might be?

The Orcs of the Mithrin Outpost are all hold up in their fort. I am going to try coaxing most of them out with a small stack and then attacking the fort while it is less well protected. I shall let you know if that worked out in my next report.

Re: lack of walls - I find that I don't bother building walls when playing the Elves/Dwarves; an unwalled settlement means the AI besieges you & assaults the same turn, and if you have any of your native troops there it *should* be possible to hold out against great odds given the AI's preference for rushing right at you. Walls would just invite a siege, which over the course of a few turns would kill more Dwarves/Elves than you might lose in actual battle!

Hmm, profitable settlements... I don't have any hard numbers, because it fluctuates depending on diplomacy (war vs neutral; trade rights or not), development, etc. But Belegant, Dale and/or Esgaroth, Raichost, maybe Oldford, Helm's Deep, maybe Bree, maybe Threeways, Lond Nurnen, Umbar, MA, Pelargir, Dol Amroth... The trick is, those provinces are mostly profitable if you can ensure trade, which is tricky in some cases. In an earlier Dwarven campaign I wanted to get land in Khand, and I had a hard time not being under siege; and even if I wasn't under siege, I was surrounded by enemy land that I wasn't trading with. So you will have better financial results if you take chunks of territory rather than individual settlements. On the other hand, the AI *does* seem somewhat amenable to peace after those out-of-nowhere precision strikes; in the early stages of our war, Harad was perfectly happy with leaving me in possession of their towns that I had captured, provided we weren't at war anymore. So you could theoretically make peace and get by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I was under the impression that troop training discounts are capped at 50%; but perhaps this is only for initial recruitment and not for retraining.

To get the cost down to 1 mirian you need to have a good and attuned governor with the stonemason ancillary (-40%) along with the cost-reduction construction industry. i think that gives a potential 3 or 4 homelands that can achieve the 1 mirian cost. As I have not done much expansion yet, I cannot say if other provinces can get that kind of discount.

I have found in previous campaigns that the Elves are not to be trusted (and not just when I am playing them). I think this may be, in part, due to the extremely high combat value of Elven troops making the player's armies just too tempting of a target. I would recommend getting military access with the Shire. I think all the Dwarven units have enough MP to get from Lune to Undertowers without a stopover on Elven territory, and, if the Shire gets uppity, who cares?

Back when TNS had that ridiculously low upkeep for catapults I used to field stacks of them. Fun to obliterate full hordes of Haradrim on those bridges TNS had. I also use to let Harad take Râd Harnen and then pound the city flat over and over again to grind up their armies. Fun times.

Only a few turns again. Now on turn 45.

I have shifted all my available forces east of the Misty Mountains to the Northern Wastes, but I can already see this is going to be overkill.

One of the non-available forces is a half stack I am sending round about toward Lathron (trying to stay on territory I have military access to). Sharing a border with RK is probably not a good idea, but I cannot resist the chance at a wonder of my very own.

I have taken Tharngarth Hold already: just one unit defending that I was able to obliterate with my Catapult without even approaching the walls (Aagh! 21 turns to start converting even with Dwarven construction industries!). The Orc stacks do not seem to pursue my stacks unless they are on the same province, and even then, not when I own the province. Since all the land in the northern wastes is wasteland, the Orcs do not seem to be able to do any damage via devastation. I expect I will just leave them there. I can probably use them later to train my scouts and rogues. I expect once I have taken all the Orc holds I will have nothing better to do than attack the Beornings.

I am really impressed with Dunland. Against both RK and Rohan they are not only holding, but have taken back Dunfreca and Erindôl. And Rohan doesn't even have any other enemies to fight at this point. Damn!

Still waiting for something to happen in Eriador.
    Wambat the retraining actually only upgraded armour iirc
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 05, 2016 at 07:46 PM.

The campaign I am playing on my youtube channel as Dale (https://youtu.be/wzMNRPRtOic ) is going reasonably well, but a question, if I defeat the last of the North Rhun armies, kill the ruler and all the family members on the battlefield in the same turn, will this make their last settlement which has no governor, become rebels and prevent them hording?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 05, 2016 at 08:56 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15108381

[QUOTE=CountMRVHS;15108381]Re: lack of walls - I find that I don't bother building walls when playing the Elves/Dwarves; an unwalled settlement means the AI besieges you & assaults the same turn, and if you have any of your native troops there it *should* be possible to hold out against great odds given the AI's preference for rushing right at you./QUOTE]

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I cannot play my Dwarven units with nearly the impunity I could my Elven ones. I do not trust my Dwarves to hold an un-walled city against stacks of Adunabar troops.

[QUOTE=CountMRVHS;15108381]The trick is, those provinces are mostly profitable if you can ensure trade, which is tricky in some cases. In an earlier Dwarven campaign I wanted to get land in Khand, and I had a hard time not being under siege; and even if I wasn't under siege, I was surrounded by enemy land that I wasn't trading with./QUOTE]

Protectorates for the win!

Turn 56 now.

RK has finally besieged Lathron, so I have perhaps one or two more turns before I am at war with Adunabar.

Rather than attacking RK, Rhun turned its attentions to Rhovanost; certainly what I would have done. Fortunately, I still had enough units nearby to block the progress of their two stacks toward the settlement long enough for Dorwinion to attack Iâth-in-Rhaw and draw me back into war with Rhovanion. Yes, I did sabotage my ally's attack again, costing them 300 men; "whops, no hard feelings guys?". Once I was able to besiege both settlements myself Rhun sent its troops elsewhere.

I am about to take the last IP mountain hold in the north; the Grey Mountians Hold; once that is done I will be able to move two full stacks to Rhovanion. Perhaps that will be sufficient to convince them to become my protectorate. If not, I might have to let Rhun take Iâth-in-Rhaw and see if that makes the difference.

I now share three borders with Adunabar since the capture of Gundabad, which makes me nervous about the impending war. Particularly because Adunabar has been holding back both RK and Tharbad in Eriador while maintaining two full stacks at Sarnford, and who knows what else in the areas I cannot see. The Beornings have attacked Adunabar and taken Lastbridge, but have shown no signs of moving farther west. Given so many enemies, I hope Adunabar will just give me Sarnford right away as part of a ceasefire agreement.

One of my goals is to get Rivendell and Ost-in-Edhil in Elven hands, and I want to do that before Imladris is turned mannish. I have been keeping an eye on it and the settlement has been revolting so frequently I doubt Adunabar has been able to make the conversion. Never the less, I am just one turn from completing the West Gate, so I will be sending forces up through Holin soon, I expect.

In family news: I finally got a couple new FMs at Dwarrowdelf; now I just need to get them to the other side of the earth where they are needed.

As for my idea about Keynesian style construction income: Seems to me the best candidate is the Waypost project; allowing for 1333 extra income per turn, but costing some trade income, making it more valuable in settlements with less trade. After trying it out for a couple turns, I have decided to build the Wayposts back up, since I cannot rely on my FMs not dying on me, which could end up costing me more in the long run than can be gained by this trick. Still, if I ever get to the point where I have extra FMs to spare, this could be a handy little trick for helping to generate Stonewright ancillaries.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

The campaign I am playing on my youtube channel as Dale (https://youtu.be/wzMNRPRtOic ) is going reasonably well, but a question, if I defeat the last of the North Rhun armies, kill the ruler and all the family members on the battlefield in the same turn, will this make their last settlement which has no governor, become rebels and prevent them hording?
    Yup, but you better be sure you've got all of them (the family members). Either that, or get ready to defend Dorwinion.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Yup, but you better be sure you've got all of them (the family members). Either that, or get ready to defend Dorwinion.
    Thanks, just as I thought. I'm already under constant pressure in Dorwinion from the Chiefdom of Rhun, who have also expanded into Khand (have now horded), Eastern Rhovanion(now allies with), Mordor, Lithlad, Upper Nurn, Hinterland and they have taken Cirith Gorgor and are besieging Narag Zigil. They have allied with Harad who themselves have expanded North destroying Harondor and are putting RK under stress by besieging Emyn Arnen & Minas Anor, they are also threatening Minas Ithil. I think there may be trouble ahead but that's the sort of challenge I like, Hail to the saviour of Middle Earth!!!, btw can you tell I'm absolutely loving this mod?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 06, 2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo's

Thanks, just as I thought. I'm already under constant pressure in Dorwinion from the Chiefdom of Rhun, who have also expanded into Khand (have now horded), Eastern Rhovanion(now allies with), Mordor, Lithlad, Upper Nurn, Hinterland and they have taken Cirith Gorgor and are besieging Narag Zigil. They have allied with Harad who themselves have expanded North destroying Harondor and are putting RK under stress by besieging Emyn Arnen & Minas Anor, they are also threatening Minas Ithil.

I didn't know that little detail about hoarding. It has been commented on before, and I am sure this will not be the last time it is observed: it is just crazy how there is always something new to learn about this game.

A very helpful thing to do early on is to get military access with RK and stick one of your units on the Poros. This prevents Harad from send armies up that direction and keeps RK in the game to balance factions like Dunland and Rhun. I expect it is too late for that option in your current campaign, but something to consider in a future campaign.

So far I have not seen RK make a comeback from the loss of eastern Gondor without serious intervention from the player. I think RK is one of those "Hard on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside" factions.

I always have to play with the sound off. One of the things I enjoy about watching your LP is listening to the excellent background music. This mod has really had a lot of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I didn't know that little detail about hoarding. It has been commented on before, and I am sure this will not be the last time it is observed: it is just crazy how there is always something new to learn about this game.

A very helpful thing to do early on is to get military access with RK and stick one of your units on the Poros. This prevents Harad from send armies up that direction and keeps RK in the game to balance factions like Dunland and Rhun. I expect it is too late for that option in your current campaign, but something to consider in a future campaign.

So far I have not seen RK make a comeback from the loss of eastern Gondor without serious intervention from the player. I think RK is one of those "Hard on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside" factions.

I always have to play with the sound off. One of the things I enjoy about watching your LP is listening to the excellent background music. This mod has really had a lot of love.
    "Hard on the outside,soft and chewy on the inside" that's how my wife once described me . I discovered the horde thing accidentally when I played as the WRE in Barbarian Invasion and I was fighting the Franks.
    I always like good music while playing, some mods have great music like this one & Roma Surrectum, I may also try to add my own if I play a mod that does not have good music.
    I'm glad you are enjoying my LP, I will try to keep it as interesting and exciting as possible as I hopefully improve as a player.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 07, 2016 at 05:13 AM.

I'm impressed with how you're handling those VH battles - I've never played above Hard difficulty myself. I thought it would be nearly impossible with those settings!

Just started a campaign as Rhun, this time aiming for some protectorates. I made Khand my first target. They start allied (& military access'ed) with Rhun, but they'll betray you eventually, and you need to conquer their capital to win - plus, you can get some good units by taking their lands.

First moves were to take the starting army near Erebost and send it directly south to guard against aggression from Adunabar. Then take my heir and other bad governor FMs out of my towns and assemble an army for the invasion of Khand. That takes 6-8 turns; in the meantime, Adunabar takes the 2 eastern Mordor rebel settlements, and I put together a small army for the defense of my northern borders.

I take Muldin & Acharn quickly, then Lhug & Alag Rochbin - but Khand has also expanded to Parchereb. Their ruler and 3 units are holed up there while I siege them. I've tried 4 or so different protectorate offers, but so far no luck. The most I've offered is ~23,000, plus Alag Rochbin, Acharn, and Lhug back. I'm thinking I'm just not offering enough cash; the least I've paid out for protectorate status is, I think, 40k. So my most expensive army is tied up down there until I can make another 20k or so. The plan ultimately is to establish Khand as a buffer between me and the Haradrian factions - so I'd leave them Alag Rochbin, Naur Imloth, and Alagos, for example.

In the meantime I've attacked Adunabar and done quite well. For some reason Adunabar does not seem to respond at all to "shadowing" maneuvers - they simply bypass your armies and march straight for your towns. I think this may have something to do with how they perceive the matchups between their troops and yours. I've had even very small Adun. armies (consisting of strong units like Swords of the Shadow) stand and fight my much larger Rhun armies.

I don't particularly want to be at war with Adunabar. They were happy enough to ceasefire a couple of times early on, but have not wanted to lately, probably because they ceasefired with Tharbad. I'll try to take those 2 east Mordor towns, let them rebel, and then see about a ceasefire between us (hopefully with some good cash payout).

In the north, Rhovanion briefly took Erebost, but lost it to rebellion. They're at war with Dale, so I don't expect they'll be around much longer. Dorwinion initially did well against North Rhun, but North Rhun came back with a vengeance, and recently took Belegant. I'm allied with North Rhun right now, but need their capital for my victory conditions. The sooner I can resolve the southern front, the better.

I'm impressed with how you're handling those VH battles - I've never played above Hard difficulty myself. I thought it would be nearly impossible with those settings!

Just started a campaign as Rhun, this time aiming for some protectorates. I made Khand my first target. They start allied (& military access'ed) with Rhun, but they'll betray you eventually, and you need to conquer their capital to win - plus, you can get some good units by taking their lands.

First moves were to take the starting army near Erebost and send it directly south to guard against aggression from Adunabar. Then take my heir and other bad governor FMs out of my towns and assemble an army for the invasion of Khand. That takes 6-8 turns; in the meantime, Adunabar takes the 2 eastern Mordor rebel settlements, and I put together a small army for the defense of my northern borders.

I take Muldin & Acharn quickly, then Lhug & Alag Rochbin - but Khand has also expanded to Parchereb. Their ruler and 3 units are holed up there while I siege them. I've tried 4 or so different protectorate offers, but so far no luck. The most I've offered is ~23,000, plus Alag Rochbin, Acharn, and Lhug back. I'm thinking I'm just not offering enough cash; the least I've paid out for protectorate status is, I think, 40k. So my most expensive army is tied up down there until I can make another 20k or so. The plan ultimately is to establish Khand as a buffer between me and the Haradrian factions - so I'd leave them Alag Rochbin, Naur Imloth, and Alagos, for example.

In the meantime I've attacked Adunabar and done quite well. For some reason Adunabar does not seem to respond at all to "shadowing" maneuvers - they simply bypass your armies and march straight for your towns. I think this may have something to do with how they perceive the matchups between their troops and yours. I've had even very small Adun. armies (consisting of strong units like Swords of the Shadow) stand and fight my much larger Rhun armies.

I don't particularly want to be at war with Adunabar. They were happy enough to ceasefire a couple of times early on, but have not wanted to lately, probably because they ceasefired with Tharbad. I'll try to take those 2 east Mordor towns, let them rebel, and then see about a ceasefire between us (hopefully with some good cash payout).

In the north, Rhovanion briefly took Erebost, but lost it to rebellion. They're at war with Dale, so I don't expect they'll be around much longer. Dorwinion initially did well against North Rhun, but North Rhun came back with a vengeance, and recently took Belegant. I'm allied with North Rhun right now, but need their capital for my victory conditions. The sooner I can resolve the southern front, the better.
    Thanks for that acknowledgment if you mean me, but I'm pretty sure with your experience you would handle those settings as well as if not better than I do. In your current campaign as Rhun, I would maintain the alliance with Nth Rhun and perhaps support them against any attack thus leaving the capture of their capital until last to fulfill your victory conditions, closing the back door from attack in the North and able to focus most of your forces elsewhere.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 07, 2016 at 08:29 AM.

I turned the sound in my LP off because I got a content strike on one of the songs and I'm not as pro as Saul so adding music in post is beyond me. #derpyTulkasisderpy

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkasthevaliant View Post
    I turned the sound in my LP off because I got a content strike on one of the songs and I'm not as pro as Saul so adding music in post is beyond me. #derpyTulkasisderpy
    Thanks Tulkas but I'm far from being a pro laddie, I've only been playing just over 2 years and picked little snippets of learning up on the way. I have not monetized my channel so I think that is the reason why I don't get content strikes, I'm informed of course of any music that is copyright and that there may be an advert on my video because of this.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 07, 2016 at 04:10 PM.

I don't monetize either (and I believe Sega doesn't allow people to monetize their games without explicit permission- Sega are rather disliked by YouTubers) but I figure that having ads is worse than not having background music. Maybe I'm wrong, though.