Militia Spearmen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kontaratoi

Scoutatoi Spearmen

Scoutatoi Swordsmen

Rus Mercenaries (who did not make it into the Varangian Guard)

Spatharioi

Varangoi (Varangian Guard)

Turkoman Horse Archers

Kavallarioi

Latinikon

Pronoiarii

Kataphraktoi

Heir to the throne

The Emperor

Join forces with Trebizond and Epirus, drive the crusaders out of Constantinople, reclaim the city and restore the Empire to it former glory !
    But will you be able to defend this jewel then, when those mighty cannons and the endless enemies might threaten it once more ?
    It is up to you ...
    Last edited by Ltd.; February 07, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Empire of Nicaea

Amaaaziiiiiiing!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

What an excellent job. Really, I'm impressed.... o.o I mean look at the detail and textures!

PS: I don't want to be the typical one asking the same thing again and again, but I'd be interested in knowing the overall progress of this mod. Just to have an idea, is it expected to be released before Summer?

Keep up the good work guys, and take your time. It'll be worth it

AlexiosThe1st's Avatar Civis

Awesome work!! Can't wait until this comes out, keep it up.

Though I admit I miss the Spatharioi from the Rome II version, where they looked something like this:

At any rate, great work guys!

Will the Empire of Nicaea be able to be renamed back to the Byzantine Empire after you fulfill certain conditions like reconquer Constantinople or confederate with Epirus or Trebizond or something like that?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BradenMiller13 View Post
    Will the Empire of Nicaea be able to be renamed back to the Byzantine Empire after you fulfill certain conditions like reconquer Constantinople or confederate with Epirus or Trebizond or something like that?
    Yes. Your can confederate with Trebizond and / or Epirus and reconquer Constantinople and thus restore the Empire.

What ruling dynasties rule each faction?? And which faction and royal family by opinion sake is the real heirs to the Byzantine empire if reconquered? Basically which factions Royal family is the Komnenos which many would say was the true imperial family if there was a specific one.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

A small thing I;m not sure about, Nicaea seems to have a much more flushed out roster than Trebizond. If I'm playing as Trebizond and confederate with Nicaea will I get access to some Nicaea units? or will Trebizond just have some of these units from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor17 View Post
    What ruling dynasties rule each faction?? And which faction and royal family by opinion sake is the real heirs to the Byzantine empire if reconquered? Basically which factions Royal family is the Komnenos which many would say was the true imperial family if there was a specific one.
    Laskaris/Paleologoi in Nicaea, Komnenoi in Trebizond and I think Doukas in Epirus. Nicaea is more legit, given Komnenoi were toppled in 1185 by the Angeloi and it's where the court went after 1204.

Awesome work on this guys. My degree come to life.

Ok so basically Nicaea would be a legitamate royal house at this time. I guess it would be true anyways considering the paleologoi were so intermarried with the Komnenos that the "Royal" blood runs just as thick in there line just a different dynasty name. I've just always been a bigger fan of the Komnenos though. I really hope there able to add a lot of detail to the royal houses of most of the main or all factions like they done in stainless steel Historical improvement project in M2TW, I understand it's not as moddable like M2 but it would be nice to see a lot more improvement in that corner if anyway possible, that was always one of my favorite part of the family trees you were able to track which characters were part of the Royal lineage either direct or through marriage by certain traits or ancillaries specific to a dynasty, it made them feel special rather basically random characters that you had to just know they were part of the "Royal bloodline". I'm excited to see what they can do. But by the amount of detail and effort there putting into this mod, I'm expecting a working campaign not to be playable until next year probably, not that I'm complaining just means we'll be waiting for this great piece of work there creating keep it up guys!

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    A small thing I;m not sure about, Nicaea seems to have a much more flushed out roster than Trebizond. If I'm playing as Trebizond and confederate with Nicaea will I get access to some Nicaea units? or will Trebizond just have some of these units from the start?
    We`ll see how that plays out and what additional units you would have access to due to this confederation. Possibly, you would get access to the Varangian Guard once you reclaim Constantinople. Other than them and the cataphracts, Nicaea does not have any good units that Trebizond doesn` t have access to.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Do note that Trebizond will have access to some of the Georgian units and vice versa, due to their close relationship.

Is this the complete roster for Nicaea, or will they possess later period units as well?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

As mentioned in the Trebizond preview, yes, there will be late era units as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Yes. Your can confederate with Trebizond and / or Epirus and reconquer Constantinople and thus restore the Empire.
    But both Trebizond and Epirus remained independent from Nicaea until Epirus was partially conquered by Nicaea, then by Italians and Serbians, and finally the Ottomans, while Trebizond survived until 1461 when it was conquered by the Ottomans.

LeicsFox's Avatar Tiro

yesssss
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

How easy will it be to confederate with Trebizond and Epirus? Will it simply be a matter of retaking Constantinople? Will it be scripted or through diplomacy menu? Is there plans to reverse engineer 'Form Kingdom' feature in Age of Charlemagne? is that even possible? Gah! So many questions! My bad!
    Cheers
    isa0005

I don't know the answers, but please no scripts - player freedom and campaign unpredactibility above all!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I don't know the answers, but please no scripts - player freedom and campaign unpredactibility above all!
    Fair enough!
    Thanks anyway

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post

the "Form Kingdom" is a pretty nice feature and historically accurate as well. It would be great if they could include it.

I agree on the rest. One of the major things Medieval II had that was lost in later titles is an unpredictability factor. The ability to "level up" generls and assign them set skills rather than earning them was a major setback as far as I'm concerned.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast