Thread: Tons of 3D stuff generously offered to likewise generous peoples

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default Tons of 3D stuff generously offered to likewise generous peoples

Dear Members, Modders and Moderators,
    I’m +Mr.Crow+, also known as UnequivocalMr.Crow. I’m one of the four actual directors of Bellum Crucis, as well as a Senior Moderator at the Medieval Total War Italia forum.

I’m starting this thread to share with you both the 3D resources I autonomously made up to today both those I made for Bellum Crucis 7.0 in cooperation with the other main modelers of the BC-Team (Frederic The Great, Vastator, Fedeita, Mather), whom have been duly informed about and have totally agreed with this initiative of mine.

Before explaining in details the terms of this concession, I take the chance to tell you few things.
    It is known by my acquaintances that until today I never freely shared my material with anyone. I did so for two reasons.

Before of anything, I’m strongly convinced that modding should be based mainly on “experimentation”, intended as the will to create something new and original. I always hated the attitude of many to copy heavily the work done by others: I’m not jealous of my stuff, but I don’t like to see 20 mods that are so much resembling one with the other that they look like insignificant clones.

Furthermore, although I approve the idea of an international forum that allows for the exchange of opinions between people coming from totally different contexts, I don’t like the intention of many to gather the whole modding world inside TWC to the detriment of the small local communities like MTWI. In my opinion, this sort of “globalization of modding” further dulls the originality of the material made by the modders.

This view dissuaded me, during many years, to make my material freeware to all and everywhere, while on the contrary I adopted this position only on the local forum from where I came, with the purpose of protecting it.

Nowadays things are different though!

Modding of Medieval 2 Total War is not anymore like in the past and the Total War series has taken a very different way from what it was originally. The first “victims” of this change are indeed the local communities, by now already deserted.
    The modding of Medieval 2 has downsized sensibly and the majority of modders have left. CA made the new titles to be little moddable and the users are almost only casual gamers, similar to those that play the most popular FPS: the very rarely play again the same title, and even if they do so, the abandon it as soon as the new title becomes available.

In such a context, freeware material won’t kill the originality of modding! Actually, I believe that the only thing able to give a last shock of adrenaline to the modding of Medieval 2 is indeed the release of free material, available to everyone.

Thus, from today, I release to the public, as free-to-use material, the models and the textures of Bellum Crucis 7.0, of CSUR and of WARWAGONS, in the hope that they would result useful to someone.

“Free-to-use” does not mean that they could be used without any rule anyway.

Those who intend to use the aforementioned material must follow these 3 simple rules:

1. The material cannot be used to make any profit
    2. Those who use the material have to add in the credits "Bellum Crucis 7.0 3D Models" or "Mr.Crow's CSUR" or "Mr.Crow's WARWAGONS" depending on the case.
    3. Those who use the material in a Mod have themselves to make their own material free-to-use, at the most also imposing the same 3 rules.

It the user of the material it’s a team and not an individual, then those 3 rules have to be accepted and respected by all the team members.

Those who will use the material in question without following those 3 rules will be reported to the Moderation, that in case will take any appropriate measure about.

Let me specify that, as regards to the material of Bellum Crucis, I’m referring only and exsclusively to units models and annexed textures and not to any other element contained in the mod (script, coding map, AI, etc) which are not of my property and over which I don’t have obviously any voice for what concerns granting the use to third parties.

Regards,
    +Mr.Crow+

BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Tons of 3D stuff generously offered to likewise generous peoples

I don't quite remember what I posted the first time but I mean to deliver pretty much the same content, thanks mate!

will put manny units from bellum into the submod for FA,love the units,thanks for giving them out free too use!,if i can not use use them,then i will delete them.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Glad to see you were able to re-post this thread. Here is the +rep I gave you the other time. I look forward to using your WARWAGONS in my mod.

The rep has to wait 24 hours, apparently.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

The only things I can say are thank you and
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thank you !
    Great move from a great modder!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Great to see. Hopefully other modders follow.
    Refusing to allow other modders to use content or alter it in any way has always seemed counter productive to me. The more free resources available to modders the more quality mods can be produced.
    CA opened Med2 up to the modding community to create some amazing works, In my opinion those works should be shared and available to modify in the same way.

Wow, super cool! Has there been a issue with people wanting people to pay for mods?

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Has there been a issue with people wanting people to pay for mods?
    As far as I know its illegal to charge money for mods and yes there are people or mod teams who try to do that. They are not allowed to distribute or advertise their mods on twcenter though, but there are instances when those people make such attempts. Even this month Ive seen one such attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    As far as I know its illegal to charge money for mods and yes there are people or mod teams who try to do that. They are not allowed to distribute or advertise their mods on twcenter though, but there are instances when those people make such attempts. Even this month Ive seen one such attempt.
    Really? Wow, I always imagined moding communitys to be all about sharing and making really cool stuff. But cant really blame people who want to make some money from their work but it seams in poor taste. The could have used Patreon or whatever.

What was that mod then?

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Well, lets say I dont want to be the one naming and shaming in public. I can tell you if you really want via PM.

Now to stay on topic of this thread, great idea and much appreciated Mr.Crow! +rep

edit: misspelled Crow as Cow
    Last edited by Vladyvid; April 28, 2016 at 12:17 AM.

Sure, sorry for implying shame spreading! No that's fine I was just curious (Especially if it was worth it!)
    Indeed so!
    That Warwagon is interesting! I have yet to add it, but it looks like a extremely smart thing to add at that period!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Interesting, what about version 6.1 stuff? Need some unit models for Westeros vanilla based project.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!