Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Second Bulgarian Tsardom

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Second Bulgarian Tsardom

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Isn't this like the third debate in a row about the God damn armor on the high era Bulgarian units? Forgive my bitterness but we have literally gone over this multiple times now and it's getting really annoying.
    You guys are doing terrific work, the units look great!

At some point in the future, like has been said above, a Late Era lighter or middle-of-the-range cavalry could be done for Bulgaria and Serbia who really need it. But at this stage to quibble about armour (again) is pointless.

Laetus

Indeed, they are doing history here! Never saw anyone so focused on the development of such an epic mod, with so many details that it's like they are producing a new game! If somehow this team got into CA, there would be many more fantastic games with more historic accuracy and fantastic game design (2D and 3D)!

Libertus

Oi guys i tried to play it ,but my PC has low specs for the game so ,my question is ,because i can't find out for myself.What is the bulgarian speciality ? The English have their longbows ,the French their heavy mounted knights and what do the bulgarians have ,i know that in the FBE that's was the heavy cav and bow cav ,but in the SBT i don't know for sure ,so can you please tell me ? I want to feel special in my lonely panel life .

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

You can feel special since the bulgarian roster has a good selection of infantry, spearmen, heavy spearmen, good archers, axemen with dogs and even a specialized infantry armed with spears with hook to pull down the foe from their horses . The SBT is bizantine influenced and as such as rather infantry oriented, but also have had access to italian and other western amour so brigandine and coat of plates are not uncommon for later units.
    Also they have access to cuman HA units

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    You can feel special since the bulgarian roster has a good selection of infantry, spearmen, heavy spearmen, good archers, axemen with dogs and even a specialized infantry armed with spears with hook to pull down the foe from their horses . The SBT is bizantine influenced and as such as rather infantry oriented, but also have had access to italian and other western amour so brigandine and coat of plates are not uncommon for later units.
    Also they have access to cuman HA units
    Feeling special intensifies* Also i've seen from a youtube video that you removed the bulgarian bow cav ,and replaced them with the cuman units ,so my question is .Are you going to put the bulgarian bow cav back in the roster ,or are you going to add new units (not bow cav),as the open beta progresses and new reports from players's experience of the mod ,come in ?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Yes, I removed the bow cavalry from them and now they have access to cuman HA units and (starting from the update on Monday) the cuman heavy lancer unit. There were no specialized bulgarian HAs in the SBT so they covered the need for mounted archers from the cumans.
    I mentioned earlier that they will get other cavalry units as well, possibly even other units, so the roster is not finished, but they have enough units for now for CB and MPs.

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Bulgaria is the centre of 50% of debates in this forum, and the other 50% is the rest of eastern-european countries

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I can't remember last Eastern European country being discussed in weeks or at all compared to others so not sure where is this 50% of discussion being talked about;D
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Yes, I removed the bow cavalry from them and now they have access to cuman HA units and (starting from the update on Monday) the cuman heavy lancer unit. There were no specialized bulgarian HAs in the SBT so they covered the need for mounted archers from the cumans.
    I mentioned earlier that they will get other cavalry units as well, possibly even other units, so the roster is not finished, but they have enough units for now for CB and MPs.
    Thanks , don't get me wrong i get the logic behind the move of removing the bow cav, i am just asking for more info .And as for Ciruelo ,that's one of the many charms the balkan peoples have ,we have some sort of relevance complex ,so when we get mentioned by the other countries (doesn't matter what it is about) most of us usually make a big fus about it ,as if god has chosen us for some great thing ,that's probably because our countries spend most of the 20th century under the iron curtain and with that we were isolated from the world ,atleast the less educated .

Blak's Avatar Libertus

bulgarians should be able to recruit more bolyars tbh, as in history they had more than 300bolyars even like 2k or sth. Or should at least get some heavy cav to match the serbians who can recruit infinite numbers op cav A:

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

Bulgars can counter cav ez.Just charge with bulgarian cav pop wedge on vlach spearmen and destroy the enemy cavalry(tested it vs mounted Man at Arms and Man at Arms got Slaughtered)
    And i think that they will add more cav in the next patch(not sure tho)

Libertus

The guys said that they will add 1 or 2 units ,so no worries.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Blak View Post
    bulgarians should be able to recruit more bolyars tbh, as in history they had more than 300bolyars even like 2k or sth. Or should at least get some heavy cav to match the serbians who can recruit infinite numbers op cav A:
    I agree that Bulgaria should be able to recruit more Boyars (at least for "what if..." situation). But I am not sure about creating same strength of late heavy cav for Bulgaria like Serbian one. Historically, since mid 14th to 15th century, Bulgaria had no cav matching Serbian. But you don't need 'competitive' cav to win. You can destroy a lot of cav just by using speared infantry, archers and artillery Use brain !
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

This is not true, because the Bulgarian army has a powerful cavalry, and it should be very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by lion8000 View Post
    This is not true, because the Bulgarian army has a powerful cavalry, and it should be very strong.
    You mean ''had'' ? We are in 21. century

Can you please tell me when or where I said that Bulgaria had weak cav ? I did not say that Bulgaria had weak cav I just said at later period of the game and that is mid 14th and 15th century Serbia had stronger cavalry !
    That does not mean Bulgaria had weak cav !!!
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

"After 1291 Bulgaria and Serbia maintained friendly relations. In 1296 the Bulgarian Emperor Smilets married his daughter Theodora to the future Serbian King Stefan Uroš III Dečanski. The sister of Dečanski Anna Neda was married to the Bulgarian Emperor Michael III Shishman. However, the growth of the Serbian Kingdom in the late 13th and early 14th century raised serious concern in the royal courts in Tarnovo and Constantinople - while both Empires had numerous external and internal problems, the Serbs expanded their state in northern Macedonia.

The Balkans in 1355, with Serbia at its greatest extent.
    On 13 May 1327 Michael III Shishman and Andronikos III Palaiologos signed a treaty against Serbia and agreed to launch a joint campaign. The two emperors had disputes, but they were cleared by 1328 and the alliance was reaffirmed in October.[43] The campaign began in July 1330 when the Byzantines invaded Serbia from the south; after they seized several fortresses, however, their campaign was halted by orders of Andronikos III. In the meantime the Bulgarian army, which numbered around 15,000 men, attacked from the east. On 24 July the armies of Bulgaria and Serbia (which numbered between 15,000[43] and 18,000 men[44]) met near the town of Velbazhd (Kyustendil). Despite the one-day truce agreed by the two rulers, the Serbs broke their word and attacked the Bulgarians while the latter were scattered to search for provisions.[45] Caught by surprise and outnumbered, the Bulgarians tried to organize resistance but were defeated. The wounded Emperor Michael III Shishman was captured by the victors and died four days later.

Despite their victory, the Serbs were unable to continue their campaign in Bulgaria - Stefan Dečanski did not risk confronting the Bulgarian reserves led by the Emperor's brother and despot of Vidin, Belaur, and the despot of Lovech, Ivan Alexander. Furthermore, he was under pressure from the south where there were Byzantine forces. After short negotiations near the castle of Izvor, Belaur and Dečanski concluded a peace treaty according to which the Bulgarian throne was inherited by the son of Michael III Shishman and Anna Neda, Ivan Stefan. Bulgaria did not lose territory but was unable to stop the Serbian expansion in Macedonia. Fine writes that although sources mention no territorial changes, many scholars believe that the Serbs seized Niš and the surrounding region in the aftermath of the battle." So I don't see why the Bulgarian cavalry should be weaker than the Serbian. And during the 15th century the remaining Bulgarian forces were fighting against the Ottomans.

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

Serbs should get ''Betrayal'' or ''Backstab'' as a faction's trait

Libertus

Loosing braincells to these muppets ,right here .

Have any better source than wikipedia ? One day truce ? Shishman attacked with goal to defeat Serbia. Not to have any kind of truce ! That makes no sense ! And you think someone will tolerate ~15 000 armed men in their lands ?!!!!!!!! What would Byzantines say about that "one day truce" ? Leaving them to deal with Serbia alone and to be devastated ? Byzantines had no army capable of invading. That would also mean establishing strong defensive and offensive positions in SERBIAN LANDS( Velbazhd and it's surroundings were in Serbian hands at that time)! And I don't know for what reason you copied it here ? In this battle Bulgarian army was crushed by Serbian heavy cav and knights led by Dushan. Reason why Bulgaria did not lost more land is because of a little bit stupid, but a very pious man who wanted to stop killings and to be friend not enemy ! Bulgarian nobles offered union with Serbia, but he refused !!! Reason why Dushan did not invade Bulgaria was because his wife was Bulgarian PRINCESS and that means Bulgaria was ally (some sources claim something as semi-vassal because on Bulgarian throne were relatives of Dushan) to Serbia ! So your "theory" of "backstabbing" is silly. Bulgaria still had army. Defeated Romans. IF they were stronger why they did not crush Serbia in "fair" fight. To short it. Point of this disscusion is who had better heavy cav. Bulgaria lost medieval fights with Serbia and it's imperial dreams died. But even best thing that will prove I am right is Ottoman invasion. There is no mention of Turks being afraid of Bulgarian cav. I could not find a single Bulgarian victory against Ottomans in 14th and very early 15th century(don't counting some minor successes of Rebels) even when Turks were weaker than before invading Serbia. While Turks were butchered by Serbian men-at-arms and knights/nobles in about 6 battles !!! So people bring your frustrations and complexes to a halt because no one ever proved and won't that Bulgaria had stronger heavy cav in mid 14th - 15th century !

Bobi_TWR: Speaking about backstabbing, Bulgarians are very well known for that and a lot more ! I see that insulting is pretty much only argument you have.
    Last edited by SerbianWOLF; May 17, 2016 at 06:55 AM.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

You will not firing up the Balkan war, right guys?. Wait the campaign for that
    [IMG][/IMG]