Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

hmm, has anyone else had problems with the ai in skirmish?, it seems both my compiled version of 1.6 and giganticus's 1.6 make skirmish battles ai go weird. siege units running through melee, not firing. that sorta thing

EDIT: also units just running off and spreading out everywhere when clicking an attack order (especially apparent with zombies)

Um this might be a Stupid Question but in the campaign Can I Fall to Chaos and Join them as One of the Elector Counts, Or Vampires if so how.

Warmonger130's Avatar Laetus

Hey Gigantus. Ive notices the only problem Ive had with this mods was I noticed in battle I was playing as Middenheim on a battlefield against beastmen. And my regiments dont make any sounds such as no voices when given a command or being selected. Is this normal? I though we got all of the mark of chaos source material in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger130 View Post
    Hey Gigantus. Ive noticed the only problem Ive had with this mod was I noticed in battle I was playing as Middenheim on a battlefield against beastmen. And my regiments don't make any sounds such as no voices when given a command or being selected. Is this normal? I though we got all of the mark of chaos source material in this.
    Confirmed... Empire swordsmen and the like still have the vanilla voiceovers from medieval with the exception of a very few units in the empire army.
    Where the hell is the "fight with pride fight with courage" lines amongst the others from mark of chaos???

Quote Originally Posted by a_wizard View Post
    hmm, has anyone else had problems with the ai in skirmish?, it seems both my compiled version of 1.6 and giganticus's 1.6 make skirmish battles ai go weird. siege units running through melee, not firing. that sorta thing

EDIT: also units just running off and spreading out everywhere when clicking an attack order (especially apparent with zombies)
    I can't answer the bit about skirmish AI, but I've definitely seen what you're talking about with units running off in random directions when told to attack. Zombies and skeletons do this quite often, where most of them will go after the target you selected, but around 5-10% of the unit will wander off in random directions all across the map, wandering back to where they're supposed to be after a while.

I've also seen a few guys from units of all types getting stuck either on siege towers, wooden city gates, and sometimes just random buildings in a city. Most of the unit joins in a fight or goes to a position they're ordered to, but a couple of guys will inevitably get stuck somewhere and either eventually find their way to the right place, or just run in-place or between two spots for the entire battle.

I've also seen units get stuck when ordered to go somewhere inside a city, while outside.(This happens every single time if they use a siege tower or ladder to climb up on the wall and then go down into the city from the wall.)They'll usually get stuck halfway on the wall and halfway inside the city, but you can unstick them if you order them to move or attack again. They might get stuck another time or two, but they'll move if you keep pestering them every time they get stuck, and usually once they're all down from the wall and not too close to it, they'll stop bugging out.

HeyMetal_Izanagi, is what Ive described earlier, normal?

Hey Gigantus. Ive noticed the only problem Ive had with this mod was I noticed in battle I was playing as Middenheim on a battlefield against beastmen. And my regiments dont make any sounds such as no voices when given a command or being selected. Is this normal? I though we got all of the mark of chaos source material in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derngar View Post
    This might be put in the "Optional" Course.
    I have translated every single unit (i hope.) to English and used names from Tabletop

Here is the download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?jcw32c7u3eu53ls

Mirror 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/igpyxyl74k...xt-EN.rar?dl=0

My Steam is Spree237 if you need me.
    Does this mean events as well? Cuz it's hard to play as reikland when the new 1.6 events are in all russian

A friend of mine (who doesn't have an account here) has installed an earlier version of this mod a few years ago, probably version 1.5 (he won't open it now to check for reasons explained next). Now suddenly his antivirus gave a prompt during regular background check that the file \data\text\_bineditor.exe is a security risk and that the antivirus has removed the file. Any similar experiences or ideas what this is about? If the file is/was part of the original installation package, it has been on the hard disk for 2-3 years, but there has not been any warning about it earlier. Weird. Sorry for sending this to thread about 1.6, but I thought this might be more active and the problem might exist in 1.6 too.
    Last edited by chrisb; January 28, 2016 at 03:45 AM.

Just noticed something that I found a bit odd. There's a unit designated as "kranger" in the files, with a Russian name of "Кислевитские Следопытки" and a description indicating that they're Kislev Rangers.

A few things that made me wonder if they were actually Kislev Rangers:

1 - They're an all-female unit

2 - They're not dressed for winter weather like most of the Kislevite units, and they're not Ungols, so it's strange that they're in skimpy chainmail stuff.

3 - Kislev can't recruit them from any of their buildings, and the unit is actually only available from a Dogs of War Camp for a human faction that owns Mordheim, according to export_descr_buildings.txt.

That's right; they're not Kislev Rangers at all! They're the Sisters of Sigmar, if my limited knowledge of Warhammer Fantasy is correct, in terms of all-female warriors that are unique to Mordheim.

I'd advise that in any translation regarding this unit, they be properly renamed to "Sisters of Sigmar" with a description to go along with that instead of the current one that states that the women are rangers that protect Kislev. Might also want to rework their formation in the unit tables, as right now they're using a "horde" formation, most likely because someone thought they were a tribal Kislev unit.

If you're wondering how they managed to be confused for Kislev Rangers, I think I have an answer. I'm pretty sure that the Sisters of Sigmar unit is originally from this submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...view-9-3-2015)

Their files are named "kranger" because they're from Kahvi's mercenary unit pack, and are a ranger-type unit. Whoever was setting up the units may have seen "kranger" and thought it meant "kislev ranger" because of their cloaks, I guess? Either way, these girls are definitely not rangers from Kislev. If they were, it wouldn't make much sense for them to only be available if a human faction owns Mordheim.

Edit: Okay, this is weird. Even in the submod that they're from, the unit is referred to as "Kislev Rangers" and they're available to any human faction, regardless of owning Mordheim or not. Now I'm starting to wonder if they're intended to be Sisters of Sigmar, what with the whole "All-female unit restricted to Mordheim" thing, but are actually just Kislev Rangers after all.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 28, 2016 at 04:20 AM.

Hey guys - been playing this off and on over the years so appreciate the dedication that you guys have, Wanted to reinstall the game on my steam account and keep getting the error
    Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!Closing the gates to save our souls!

Here are the files used..... tried to paste my drop box below ... let me know if I did this wrong.

Spent so many hours trying different things and am at a loss. Please help me ... I love this mod.... uninstalled...verified game installed etc.... any help is greatly appreciated.

Falconander

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...hc7srfKVX/filehttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...hc7srfKVX/file

Also...In the old days the fact there was no kingdoms.exe in the folder you needed to do something ... is this the case..

Quote Originally Posted by Derngar View Post
    This might be put in the "Optional" Course.
    I have translated every single unit (i hope.) to English and used names from Tabletop

Here is the download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?jcw32c7u3eu53ls

Mirror 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/igpyxyl74k...xt-EN.rar?dl=0

My Steam is Spree237 if you need me.
    It works well! Thank you for the translation on the new races!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconander View Post
    Hey guys - been playing this off and on over the years so appreciate the dedication that you guys have, Wanted to reinstall the game on my steam account and keep getting the error
    Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!Closing the gates to save our souls!

Here are the files used..... tried to paste my drop box below ... let me know if I did this wrong.

Spent so many hours trying different things and am at a loss. Please help me ... I love this mod.... uninstalled...verified game installed etc.... any help is greatly appreciated.

Falconander

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...hc7srfKVX/filehttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...hc7srfKVX/file
    Not sure if this is your issue or not, but I had an urging to play this mod, so I bought medievel 2 and Kingdoms last night, downloaded this mod and then hit the "Sigmar preserve us" error and fought with it for some time. The error log had animations missings through out it, following Gigantus's posts of troubleshooting (which are awesome by the way) didn't lead me to resolution. I was bummed. In the end I was able to resolve my problem by realizing what I missed during installation, and maybe other people are missing this too, so I registered to let them know.

When you download the main package it come with 3 installs, part 1, part 2 and part 3. In my IT tech years, I've taken it for granted that a lot of times, the parts all roll together when you do the first install. In this case, it is 3 separate executable's that all each need to be run. It may not lead to the resolution in some circumstances, but in my case, that's what I missed.

Huge thanks to the Dev team for putting this together and especially to Gigantus for his time in assisting so many people on here. It's the most valuable thing you have and you give it away freely. That's awesome.

Hey, I don't know if other people are having the same problem as me but when I'm playing the mod I crash after the 3rd turn regardless of what faction I chose. I've installed the game 3 times just to be sure it wasn't a bad download and I've looked at other people problems to see if they are related to mine but alas I haven't founds anything.

As a said above the mod crashes on any faction on the end of the 3rd turn when the other factions do their thing.
    help https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekwuqumubk...em.log.7z?dl=0 any help would be greatly appreciated. ( if you need anymore info just reply and I'll give you what I can)

Quote Originally Posted by xbangxaxrangx View Post
    Hey, I don't know if other people are having the same problem as me but when I'm playing the mod I crash after the 3rd turn regardless of what faction I chose. I've installed the game 3 times just to be sure it wasn't a bad download and I've looked at other people problems to see if they are related to mine but alas I haven't founds anything.

As a said above the mod crashes on any faction on the end of the 3rd turn when the other factions do their thing.
    help https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekwuqumubk...em.log.7z?dl=0 any help would be greatly appreciated. ( if you need anymore info just reply and I'll give you what I can)
    Is there a specific faction that it crashes on the turn of? Before passing the turn, try using the console command "toggle_fow" and see which faction is taking their turn, and possibly what the faction is doing in their turn before the crash happens. There have been reports before of certain moves on the AI's part causing crashes.

Applying, Large Address Aware to Kingdoms.exe improves the game, causes less CTD, and loads the campaign game faster. I just tested it.

So the tomb kings unit names havn´t been translated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgalon View Post
    So the tomb kings unit names havn´t been translated yet?

Indeed they have not. If you absolutely need a fix, someone posted their own translation a few posts above. You could also try sticking the names into Google Translate, and be amused at what it tells you. Google Translate told me that the skeleton spearmen that the Tomb Kings have should be named "Sun Blades" and that the Mummies should be "Blessed Children." I used both of those names, because they sound cool.

Hi,

If anyone can help me get this great game started, I would be very grateful!

I get the user interface frozen message, which I was expecting and touch nothing. It stays on that screen for several minutes then throws up a ctd with the Sigmar save us message.

Here is my log:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tp....system.log.7z

If someone could please take the time to quickly look at where I have gone wrong that would be great.

Regards
    Baz