Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Thanks. It seems like the Skaven Lair to the east of Mount Grimfang has the same issue for me, which is now making me wonder if there's some sort of terrain/region issue in the area where The Nameless City, Mount Grimfang, and that Skaven Lair are. Those are the only places where I've run into this issue, and all three settlements are pretty close to each other.
    Hi Metal_Izanagi, i started a tomb king campaign and laid siege to skaven lair & mount grimfang and i fought battle using siege tower, ladder and ram and there was no ctd and every thing was going well. Also some turns later chaos dwarfs laied siege on Namless city and i sally out my troops to fight them and there was no problem with Nameless city too.
    There is no problem with cities and tomb kings, your game's crash reason is not from the mod, it should be from something else...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Hi Metal_Izanagi, i started a tomb king campaign and laid siege to skaven lair & mount grimfang and i fought battle using siege tower, ladder and ram and there was no ctd and every thing was going well. Also some turns later chaos dwarfs laied siege on Namless city and i sally out my troops to fight them and there was no problem with Nameless city too.
    There is no problem with cities and tomb kings, your game's crash reason is not from the mod, it should be from something else...
    That's odd. I'm really confused now, because it's happened even after reinstalling the mod, and after lowering a bunch of settings. Unless anyone else has an idea as to what might be causing the crash, it seems like I'll just have to use the console to take care of any battles that take place in that area. I'm going to try reinstalling the mod one more time, but if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. :\

Edit: Well, after yet another complete reinstall of the mod and the patch/fixes, it's still crashing when I try to start up a battle in any of those three locations. Doesn't seem to be an issue with the installation of the mod, and it can't be an issue with my Medieval II installation, so...I'm really not sure what it could be at this point.

I had heard before that long paths/names for directories can cause issues sometimes. Is it possible that this is the problem? For reference, the mod is installed to "F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\RodG16"

I'm just trying to think of anything that might be causing the problem at this point. Here's a summary of what I've tried so far:

-UAC is disabled, and always has been. I have hidden folders visible, and there's no Virtual Store folder anywhere on my PC.

-I've reinstalled the mod twice, now, each time making sure not to do anything else while it's installing, and running the installers as an administrator. I've also applied the patch and fixes, running those as an administrator too.

-Medieval II is properly installed and updated through Steam. I haven't messed with anything related to the default game's files, and the game works perfectly with numerous other mods, including many other large mods. All other mods are mod-foldered so that they can't cause any problems, same as RoDG.

-I've made sure to use the language shortcut to apply the English localisation after applying the patch and fixes.

-The crash happens if the Tomb Kings are involved in any way, regardless of whether or not the player is controlling the Tomb Kings or their opponent.

-I've applied the 4GB patch to the game executable, and set it to run as an administrator.

-I've tried lowering all graphics settings as low as they'll go, with no luck. I still can't play a siege battle on The Nameless City, Mount Grimfang, or the Skaven Lair to the south-east of Mount Grimfang. I can fight siege battles on other cities with no problems, even with all of the graphics settings at the normal levels I use, and with the same armies that I've tried sieging the three problematic settlements with.

-Custom battles with every type of Tomb Kings unit can be played without any problems, making it unlikely that there's an issue with any of the Tomb Kings units in particular.

- I was able to have a siege battle at the Skaven Lair that causes problems for the Tomb Kings as the Orks, without any problems, making it a bit more likely that something with the Tomb Kings and campaign battles in that area is the problem.

Things that I haven't tried, so far:

- I haven't been able to get a field battle in the area near the three problematic settlements, as none of the AI armies bother to roam that far down the map.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 18, 2016 at 04:36 PM.

May be one of your mods (although mod-foldered) made some changes in medieval2 files;
    Try reinstalling med2 (with short path) and after that just install RodG and see if the problem still exists...

Which 4gb patch you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    May be one of your mods (although mod-foldered) made some changes in medieval2 files;
    Try reinstalling med2 (with short path) and after that just install RodG and see if the problem still exists...

Which 4gb patch you mean?
    The one available here: link removed

It's mentioned in this thread: link removed
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 19, 2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: no rule breaks, please

It has no sense to include the year, when it's include above the map like in version 1.5.1, I think it's better to include the turn.

Regarding to brightness level, It's possible to include the file from 1.5.1 version? It will work?

Regards

I disabled Assassinations but regardless of that I got Vaul Steiner (an Assassin) per event as Reikland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    It has no sense to include the year, when it's include above the map like in version 1.5.1, I think it's better to include the turn.

Regarding to brightness level, It's possible to include the file from 1.5.1 version? It will work?

Regards
    You can change the year counter to instead display the turn counter quite easily. Go to "Medieval II Total War\mods\RodG16\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign" and find the file "descr_strat.txt" Go to line 51 in the file, which should read as follows:

Code:
    ;show_date_as_turns
    Change that line to the following:

Code:
    show_date_as_turns
    Make sure to save the file afterward.

You should now see a turn counter instead of the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Digger View Post
    I disabled Assassinations but regardless of that I got Vaul Steiner (an Assassin) per event as Reikland.
    Aha, I found the problem. Or maybe it's intended, actually...anyway, here's how to change that. I take no responsibility if this breaks something!

In "Medieval II Total War\mods\RodG16\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign" locate "campaign_script.txt".

Navigate to line 85342. The next few lines should read as follows:

Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
            and RandomPercent = 5
            and I_TurnNumber > 30
            and I_CompareCounter vaul = 0
    Add the following line in after the last line in the box above. Do NOT replace any lines, as this will cause problems:

Code:
            and I_EventCounter assasins_turn_on = 1
    This should result in the block of text reading as follows:

Code:
            and RandomPercent = 5
            and I_TurnNumber > 30
            and I_CompareCounter vaul = 0
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled spain
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled scotland
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled portugal
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled venice
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled sicily
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled milan
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled byzantium
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled saxons
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled france
            and  I_IsFactionAIControlled papal_states
            and I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 0
    This change will result in the AI not having a chance to get Vaul Steiner if assassins have been disabled.

Then, navigate to line 85367,(If you made the change above, it will be line 85368, thanks to the additional line that I had you add.) where the next few lines should read as follows:

Code:
            and I_CompareCounter vaul = 1
            ;and I_EventCounter assasins_turn_on = 1
            if I_LocalFaction hre
    Change it to the following:

Code:
            and I_CompareCounter vaul = 1
            if I_LocalFaction hre
    This change will result in the player not getting Vaul Steiner if assassins have been disabled.

To reiterate, you'll be removing a semicolon from one line, and adding a line in the middle of some other lines. You will NOT be replacing any existing lines with different lines. Don't accidentally overwrite the IsFactionAIcontrolled line with the one about the eventcounter. If you do that by accident and save it, you'll mess up the event a bit, and even if assassins are turned on, a faction won't have a chance to get Vaul.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 19, 2016 at 04:48 PM.

Hey Gigantus! Huge fan of what you've done with the Warhammer World and love the Mod. Idk if it's been asked before, but Is there a English Translation for 1.6 events and such? cuz while it's amazing new work and additions it's hard to play when I don't know most of what drops. Thanks!!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'm becoming increasingly sure that it's either Mount Grimfang and The Nameless City's maps, or a combination of those two maps and the Tomb Kings causing the crash. Especially since it's not the "Sigmar Preserve Us!" error, but just the regular "has stopped working" Windows error.
    This looks like you never run any of the language short cuts after your update - there is simply no way that you would get the vanilla error message otherwise. It is probably also the reason for your crash, if memory serves there is a new event message after those battles.

Quote Originally Posted by PREDXV View Post
    I have a question gigantus. how do we save our game settings? mine resets each time i start the game lol
    Your game settings should get saved after you exit the game - a crash will not save the settings. I would recommend to apply your settings, start a campaign, save (so you don't have to go through the freeze protion again) and then completely exit and restrat.

Quote Originally Posted by a_wizard View Post
    just posting here to let you know you are a hero giganticus, singlehandedly bringing cow to all of us unable to read cyrillic.
    also a question, does your version have any additional fixes/tweaks the other version has?, as i am using that atm and will happily hop over if there is more stability.
    My installation has a version history in the OP as well as info regarding quick fixes. I believe it's way more stable then the current original version.

The one available here: link removed
    It's mentioned in this thread: link removed
    It allows the use of 4GB, but it modifies the EXE as far as I know and is therefore not permitted to be 'advertised' on TWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Digger View Post
    That is a scripted event where an assassin gets spawned - the disabling is only for recruiting. The spawn is only for the player and can be fixed as you said - but then again it was the player that opted not to have assassins doing nothing or 'suiciding' him is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by tarenor View Post
    Hey Gigantus! Huge fan of what you've done with the Warhammer World and love the Mod. Idk if it's been asked before, but Is there a English Translation for 1.6 events and such? cuz while it's amazing new work and additions it's hard to play when I don't know most of what drops. Thanks!!
    The translations are not done yet for the new factions and additional events - everything else is translated.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 19, 2016 at 09:22 PM.

I will give a try and tell you if it works. Regarding to the brightness, It will be possible to adjust the level with the file from version 1.5.1?

Hi, I have seen your responses to the UI freezes and like you all recommended I wait for the problem to resolve itself but instead the game crashes after a few minutes and I get the Sigma save our souls message every time,
    any solutions?

Thanks for the response! I look forward to playing it with the patch translation!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This looks like you never run any of the language short cuts after your update - there is simply no way that you would get the vanilla error message otherwise. It is probably also the reason for your crash, if memory serves there is a new event message after those battles.
    I just ran the EN language shortcut, started a new campaign as the Tomb Kings, and went to assault Mount Grimfang with only troops that you have at the start of the game. This is what happened during the loading screen:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The loading bar had made it up to the skull on the sword, then promptly crashed with the default Windows "Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms has stopped working," error. It's not one of Medieval II's error messages, so a log was not generated. Every battle except for those three places that I've mentioned works fine, and I've reinstalled the mod twice now.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled Medieval II, tried the battle again, and still got the crash, so it's not Medieval II itself, either.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 20, 2016 at 02:07 PM.

I made the change you said, and I still see the date instead turns. Have I only delete the " ; "?

I just ran the EN language shortcut, started a new campaign as the Tomb Kings, and went to assault Mount Grimfang with only troops that you have at the start of the game. This is what happened during the loading screen:

The loading bar had made it up to the skull on the sword, then promptly crashed with the default Windows "Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms has stopped working," error. It's not one of Medieval II's error messages, so a log was not generated. Every battle except for those three places that I've mentioned works fine, and I've reinstalled the mod twice now.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled Medieval II, tried the battle again, and still got the crash, so it's not Medieval II itself, either.
    What did the 'View problem details' option say?

Hello! Really looking forward to playing this mod just to satisfy my need to play a Warhammer TW game until the actual release by CA! Unfortunately the Chaos Gods seem to be intent on ruining my fun and I am getting the "Sigmar preserve us... etc" error. I have (hopefully) attached the log file as requested.

M2TW.system.log.txt.zip

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

So it wasn't a game message - it was a system message. This is extremely rare and I am baffled what exactly happened.
    If those were siege battles then I would like you to try again after renaming the data\blockset directory. If it still crashes rename the data\settlements directory as well. I am not expecting anything major from it, but it would rule out a problem with the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaramus View Post
    Hello! Really looking forward to playing this mod just to satisfy my need to play a Warhammer TW game until the actual release by CA! Unfortunately the Chaos Gods seem to be intent on ruining my fun and I am getting the "Sigmar preserve us... etc" error. I have (hopefully) attached the log file as requested.

M2TW.system.log.txt.zip
    You have the 'animation' error. Try deleting the preferences directory of the mod and then start again. It seems you are running Linux - if I am not mistaken all directory names have to low capitals, including the mods folder and references to directories.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Karl-El View Post
    Hi, I have seen your responses to the UI freezes and like you all recommended I wait for the problem to resolve itself but instead the game crashes after a few minutes and I get the Sigma save our souls message every time,
    any solutions?
    Please submit your log and I will have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    I made the change you said, and I still see the date instead turns. Have I only delete the " ; "?
    You only have to delete the semi-colon ( ; ) in front of the line AND start a new campaign.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 21, 2016 at 03:22 AM.

Good day, Gigantus;

First, let me thank you for your selfless efforts; you have truly done an amazing work

Second, the mod is being very, very unstable for me: I am getting crashes during sieges, during battles, at the end of turns... Not that I am complaining, but reporting crashes may help in the development.
    This is the log file of the last crash; I think it happened during the "Rebels" turn, though I am not sure.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l1.../Crash+log.zip

I followed the installation instructions to the letter; I even wiped out Medieval 2 and reinstalled it to be sure that it was a "clean" install. I am using the gold-disc version (with Kingdoms patched to 1.5), Windows 10 and a setup that, normally, could run a big, big battle, at max graphical settings, without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You have the 'animation' error. Try deleting the preferences directory of the mod and then start again. It seems you are running Linux - if I am not mistaken all directory names have to low capitals, including the mods folder and references to directories.
    Thanks for responding so quickly. This hasn't helped despite reinstalling both Med2 and the mod again. Also I'm on Windows 7, not linux if that helps?