Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Hi Sten33,

Most of the people who have problems with this mod are using the steam version and this is weird you have problems with the retail version.

Please check this thread, there is some solutions here that may work for you too but there isn't any certain fix for this.

And you can also take a look at BotET sub mod that is very stable & has a stand-alone install.

I start up the game and it doesn't resize to fit my screen. I don't mean there are black bars at the sides I mean that it is off centre to one side and I can see my desktop behind it, by about a fourth of the screen. How do I fix this?

@Arothin

HERE is the solution.

gigantus sry to ask you but is your englich version made after the latest russian call of warhammer build?
    and why havent it got updated since march maybe because your busy with real life stuff? sry for asking private quistion ;(

Yes, this has been updated to the latest beta release of the COW team.

tried hash keys and stuff, now it just launches medieval 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thank you for that information - there should not be an absolute path reference, only a relative one. I will check and fix where ever necessary - the path should only contain 'data/models_missile'

Edit: famous last words, the path needs to be absolute (no idea why, the projectile model displays when mounted\loaded on engine but crashes when fired)
    i heard that you stopped working on build of call of warhammer what made you retire?

Could some please seed?

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Hello, i have some questions...

i love this mod, played a lot 1.51, and wait for 1,6 until the release of some patch and fixes for enjoy it better.. but got some problem, not with intallation but i have a lot of crash... the most on the end of turn, almost at 50% of end of turn the game crash.. and somtimes also at the beginning and at the end of battles, mostly siege and sorties..
    then i have some questions..

-i have a fresh installation of m2tw, with EB2 this two mods are incompatibles?
    -i have installed on D, so i can't run the game as administrator
    -for some mods is reccomanded to disable the autosave for increasing the stability, but i don't get the way to disable in rodg1.6

except once, sieging arnau as nordland i was enable to fight the battle, neihter assaulting, neither let the rebel sort from siege because always crash or before, or after the battle, so i was costrict to autoresolve.. except this i had not irreversible crash so my campaign proceeds, but is really hard restart the game and re-play some turns several time in 1 hour...

please give me some suggestions

I have been trying to get this mod to work, but my game crashes at the frozen ui screen every time, when I try to play as the Skaven or Chaos Dwarfs. I have tried everything I could think of to make it work but to no avail (including the UAC) Here's my log: M2TW.system.log - Copy.7z

Hi mod, i need some help with the translation, it seems that the new cities and characters are not translated into English for the other people, i was wondering if you could give me some solutions on this. Thanks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Text display can be edited in the data\text folder by editing the TXT files. There are shortcuts provided to change text to German, English and Russian. Else manually edit the files:

Cities = imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    Names = names.txt

Turn 26 Reikland, the instance I press the end turn button, I get a CTD, I have no idea why.

EDIT: Also the mod is CTD heavy in general, I can't even start a campaign with some factions.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sqq2801gk488nee/M2TW.system.log.7z

Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 22, 2016 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

The mod is indeed CTD heavy - fixing that would require a total rework of the mod. It's already a chore to carry forward all the fixes I made at every update and I did eventually decide not to support this mod anymore with my fix attempts as basic problems (like excessively sized unit textures and models) can not be addressed by me and I am frankly tired of answering questions over and over related to problems that I lack the expertise to fix.
    Having new problems introduced at every update and hardly any of the old ones fixed (requiring pain staking file comparisons) eventually led to my decision not to spend any more effort on this enterprise.

Sorry to disappoint.

Edit: the starting problem (and related CTDs) is based on the re-assigment of settlements to various factions via a humongous script. I have tried to reduce errors by disabling the interface during that time, but the script is simply too long and involving to analyze. My guess has been that somewhere are invalid\faulty unit models that get spawned during that script - something that simply shouldn't happen and should have been properly tested before release.

Edit2: your problem appears simple and highlights the level of testing done:
    16:51:07.006 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/RIOTMID.tga

Check if your text\historic_events.txt file has an entry for {RIOTMID_BODY} and {RIOTMID_TITLE}. Should it be missing create entries for it, add some dummy text and delete the corresponding historic_events.string.bin file - that should fix it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 25, 2016 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks for help, and I know you are not the mod creator so I didn't really expect you to fix the problems, but I was more wondering, why are the original moders not dealing with these issues? Do they want somebody to play their mods? I mean as you said, they are moving on with new stuff, but aren't polishing and fixing. I personally would rather prefer if the made the campaign tight and playable and then add Skaven and other gimmicks.

If I am not mistaken 1.4(+) ver. almost didn't have any CTDs, I almost tempted to go back to it, since 1.51 is also CTD prone.

Blog Entries

1.4 was relatively simple and hence fine - new units exceeding the usual limits (vertices count, texture size) and an 'unstable' script have become the main issues now.

Hey, I downloaded all the parts, then the patches, then finally the quick fixes in order. I am confused as to why my game loads up the mod fine, but its stays windowed and will not go full screen. Any solutions to this? Thanks for your time WarriorSlayer.

Blog Entries

You have to set your game resolution (option\video-advanced) to your desktop resolution. Alternatively change these entries in the CFG file (opens with Notepad):

Code:
    [video]
    movies = 1                            # intro movies are playing
    windowed = 0                        # full screen mode
    borderless_window = 1                # no border if in windowed mode
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080        # enter your desktop resolution
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080    # enter your desktop resolution
    Either delete the windowed and borderless lines or remove the hash (#) in front of the last two lines and then replace the numbers with your desktop's resolution (width height).

I had the problem of crashing on the start of the campaign, so I deleted the "packs" folder and it works now. It crashed on the first battle, but when I loaded again it worked fine, I played even further and had no problems at all. I also exited the campaign and started another one to see if it would crash and it didn't, I didn't really test it, I just wanted to see if it would crash or not, so I just alt+tab out of the game (UI was frozen) and came back to post here. Yes, I tested one more time by loading my Reikland savegame, and still no crash. Also, the "packs' folder was and still is empty.
    EDIT: Sorry, a thing I forgot to mention, I copy and paste the files from text-EN to text, it seems you also have to do this. For some reason, the text shortcuts weren't really working for me.
    Last edited by john_peter; April 23, 2017 at 01:34 AM.

Is it possible to get this mod to work on a mac? I fully installed everything yet it either crashes before I can select a faction or after the loading finishes

Launching it through the advanced settings of the M2TW with --features.mod=mods/RodG16