Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Yes, I have the same message, but it seems that there are any issue, because, there is no messages appears like you said, the map is not complete (with black HUD, basically no hud, and the upper zone of the map also in black), there is no cursor... I don't know if I have to wait more time, but I think there is an error there, I don't like these black zones... In your pic, the map is complete, you can see incoming mini - messages.
    Try waiting without touching anything for 15 minutes. It takes quite some time until the HUD works.

Ok, I will try that and I will tell you if that works.

Thanks!!

Laetus

Anyone has any more ideas about fixing the problem with starting the mod? Could it be Virtual Store folder or maybe latest update od Medieval 2 (yesterday was update)?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The black zones are normal when the interface is frozen - I modified the script and made the screenshot of the frozen UI, see below.

The central message picture looks different for other factions, this is for 'Averland'. Which faction did you try?

Last edited by Gigantus; January 15, 2016 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FCrimson View Post
    Anyone has any more ideas about fixing the problem with starting the mod? Could it be Virtual Store folder or maybe latest update od Medieval 2 (yesterday was update)?
    Have you tried this tutorial?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

This is exactly the screen I got. The faction which I chose was "Dwarves", but It also happens with "Nordland".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    This is exactly the screen I got. The faction which I chose was "Dwarves", but It also happens with "Nordland".
    Then you have only to wait for a while until it looks like in the other post. It may take up to two minutes, dpeending on your hardware and the faction you chose. Don't try clicking around, simply wait - it will happen only at the very start of a campaign.

Thank you for very fast reply. U sure wake up early in the morning So where can i find "fresh" version. I installed this version:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Installation
    This is the present download, something might have gone wrong during the installation?
    Did you run\double click one of the language short cuts before starting?
    If you are on steam - try starting the mod by using the desk top short cut, NOT the steam launcher.
    Make sure the mod is in the correct path: right click the desktop shortcut, select 'properties' and then copy the 'path' entry here. Should look like this:
    "[path to Medieval 2 total]\mods\RodG16\RodG16.bat"

I listed the virtual store fix in the opening post - it's the same as TheEmperor's link, follow it from step 3 onward and then delete any trace of M2TW in the virtual store directory.
    Can you link me to latest update news the game? Unless it's a renaming of the executable (again) it shouldn't effect mods.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 15, 2016 at 06:11 AM.

Here is a log, the game crashes when I start a campaign and the loading bar fills up
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcp9mo2eey...m.log.txt?dl=0

I've mainly been doing custom battles, testing army/unit to see if it will crash. So far so good. I haven't tested all of the empire armies, simply because they all pretty much use the same units, and because empire armies cause fatal graphic errors.

Only had 2 crashes, first crash was from clicking 11 different armies in the campaign screen, and the second crash was going from a custom game, to the campaign menu, and then back to custom game.

I've also had numerous fatal graphic errors on empire battles with around 5k soldiers on the field. I can play Stainless Steel on the highest settings with 10k-15k on the field, so it shouldn't be a problem with my hardware (overclocked 3Gb R9 280). Only way to get past the gfx fatal error is to set everything to the lowest it can go, but then everything looks awful.

Crash Logs RODG1.6.zip

Hey Gigantus,

If I want to reinstall the mod can I just delete it from the mod folder or do i have to reinstall the whole game?

This is to add to my above post (can't edit): Disabling Reflections in the video options seems to fix the Fatal Error Crash. Currently have a 10k battle going, and it's working, albeit with a stupid amount of frame stuttering.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flypside12 View Post
    Here is a log, the game crashes when I start a campaign and the loading bar fills up
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcp9mo2eey...m.log.txt?dl=0
    Please compress your log (7Zip is freeware) my band width is appalling. Compressing will reduce 11MB to 0.5MB

Quote Originally Posted by Zync View Post
    I've mainly been doing custom battles, testing army/unit to see if it will crash. So far so good. I haven't tested all of the empire armies, simply because they all pretty much use the same units, and because empire armies cause fatal graphic errors.

Only had 2 crashes, first crash was from clicking 11 different armies in the campaign screen, and the second crash was going from a custom game, to the campaign menu, and then back to custom game.

I've also had numerous fatal graphic errors on empire battles with around 5k soldiers on the field. I can play Stainless Steel on the highest settings with 10k-15k on the field, so it shouldn't be a problem with my hardware (overclocked 3Gb R9 280). Only way to get past the gfx fatal error is to set everything to the lowest it can go, but then everything looks awful.
    I haven't checked your log yet, but I think the graphics problems are based on the excessive file size for some the models (eg flagellant is a total of 16MB).

Quote Originally Posted by Skawer View Post
    Hey Gigantus,

If I want to reinstall the mod can I just delete it from the mod folder or do i have to reinstall the whole game?
    You can just delete the RodG16 folder and then re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by Zync View Post
    This is to add to my above post (can't edit): Disabling Reflections in the video options seems to fix the Fatal Error Crash. Currently have a 10k battle going, and it's working, albeit with a stupid amount of frame stuttering.
    I usually disable shadows as well - the old engine throws the odd curve ball at max unit size, regardless of the graphic card.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 15, 2016 at 07:12 AM.

Oops, my mistake sorry, here you go
    https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview...system.log.rar

Blog Entries

I am not very familiar with dropbox - but your link sends me to my own home page preview

Ah, i'm so sorry about the hassle this should work then

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xi...system.log.rar

Blog Entries

No problem, that worked just fine.

The game is looking for the text of the force freeze message. That is the message discussed here. It appears you did not run your language short cut after updating the mod. Do so and you should be fine.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 15, 2016 at 08:11 AM.

You are a life saver

Blog Entries

Your the best Gigantus man I really appreciate the ease you have made getting this mod and playing it. It took forever for me to just find the files and even when I did, it had to download for hours just to obtain them. You let me and all of us get this mod in minutes. I really appreciate your time and work man!

Blog Entries

Always nice to hear - it has become a tradition for me to issue a 'easy and pain free' version since 1.4 due to appreciation like yours.