Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Did you try what I did? Delete the "packs" folder in RodG16 (it's created again when you start anyway) and copy and paste the files from text-EN in RodG16/data to text RoDG16/data too (for some reason the text shortcuts didn't work for me).
    P.S: There's nothing inside the "packs" folder, so I think it won't do a difference but try it anyway.
    Last edited by john_peter; June 22, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

I uninstalled and did a fresh reinstall again and currently the only Packs folder I have is in my data folder for the base game is that what you're referring to?

No I mean this:
    Anyway, did you try copying the files from text-en inside the data folder (in rodg16) and pasting them into text? I don't really know what causes error or anything, I am just trying to help you with what worked for me. I am using Windows 10.

Last edited by john_peter; June 22, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

I just tried that and I got the same long loading screen after choosing a faction and then a crash back to desktop

as for what my RODG Folder looks like it has everything but the saves, preferences, packs, and custom folders of yours.

Out of curiosity when using the installer did you use the exact same directory which is directly to the M2TW or did you do it once and then choose RODG folder for the rest of the install parts?

I'm slowly coming to terms that it might just be a limitation to macs or I may be doing something completely wrong which isn't unlikely. The only mods I ever got to work on this thing was EB2, SS, and Third Age with Divide and Conquer

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You may have to convert all the upper case file names before running the mod. See this forum for Mac related discussions.

Is this compatible with G5 reallybad AI and settlement tweaks?

This mod is simply unplayable. I followed the instructions to the letter and I haven't gotten anything to work. I've looked at the log and the only error near the end is the error that crashes me to the desktop. There's something else wrong, and I suppose we'll have to wait for the official version to get some more work done on it. This file is broken.

In the meantime I'm just going to screw around with Beginning of the End Times.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; August 15, 2017 at 11:24 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Blog Entries

Because of the indeterminable number of crash reasons I have given up on getting this ever fixed to run smoothly.

All instances of the main installer have to point to your Medieval 2 main folder. Did you install the patch and fix as well?

It's all by the numbers. Maybe my computer doesn't like the language batch files but I tried doing it manually and letting the game build the .bin.

The Total War Russia modders are quite prolific and work quickly but they always leave their files as a huge mess.

ATM I can't play BotET until I download a different decompressor either.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Blog Entries

Yup, 'huge mess' being the operative phrase. And each update carries old errors forward - that's what got to me in the end: I had to run a comparison on nearly each file to add back my corrections.

Note: if you are a Steam user then the game will not generate the special BIN files once you delete them: battle, tooltips, strat and shared.

Have a look at this as well: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?755286

M2TW.system.log- Wom1.zip That should be the crash log that was uploaded, I got it to work earlier today by changing a setting in the config to 0 but the game would always crash at some point while the campaign was setting up the regions even though I could use custom battles, since then it has not worked at all, I have tried reinstalling both the mod from scratch several times as well as ME2 once but it has refused to get past the initial loading screen.

Blog Entries

Yup, that monstrous region swapping script has it's pitfalls. Try if this helps.

M2TW.system.log- Wom1 #2.zip It randomly started working again though now crashes as soon as the loading bar for the campaign reaches completion, does the log give any idea what is going wrong?

Blog Entries

The game is trying to display a event message called 'force_freeze' - if a crash happens then it is usually because the text entry in data\text\historic_events.txt doesn't exist.

Open that file with Notepad and check if these two entries exist. Must be the exact spelling and in large caps:
    {FORCE_FREEZE_BODY}
    {FORCE_FREEZE_TITLE}
    There will be some text after the brackets but the spelling of it is of no concern. If these entries exist then delete the historic_events.STRING.BIN file and try again, the game will generate file and the error should be resolved. If they don't exist then add the two lines at the bottom of the TXT file, add some text after the bracket, save and delete the STRING.BIN file.

This is the message informing the player that the screen will be frozen until the region swapping has completed.

Edit: did you install all patches into the correct folder?

M2TW.system.log-Wom1#3.zip Im thinking of giving up at this point but I might as well give it one last try, It goes into the region swap script now but crashes about 2 minutes into the swap without fail

Blog Entries

I feel with you, apparently the last concluded 'region swap' was at line 27654 in the script, the game crashes shortly afterward. It's all these, often random crashes that led me to give up trying to fix things. Especially the monstrous 'region swap' script.

Unfortunately I am not at my machine else I would be able to give you an edited script without the region swap.

You didn't answer my later question: did you install all the patches and quickfixes? That historic event message error should not have happened if you did. Install the patches and quickfixes in the order they are listed.

I did double check that I did install the patches and quickfiixes in the order they appeared on the list as soon as you asked the first time

Blog Entries

Curious about the event message then - was the entry present? If so then whatever happened after it must have crashed the game.

The region swap at the beginning is different, depending on which faction you play. Have you tried other factions?

Just checked with Dwarfs, Nurgle, and Reikland rather than the Averland I was trying to start and they all crashed the same and the logs all end in the temp campaign battle replay.

Blog Entries

Drat, sorry about the mess.