Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031

Thread: Cologne and other NYE disorders

Default Re: Cologne and other NYE disorders

If a society preaches tolerance to religion then it won't stay secular for too long. Just look at what happened to Roman empire after Constantine allowed Christians to openly practice their cult.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; February 20, 2016 at 03:35 PM.

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    If a society preaches tolerance to religion then it won't stay secular for too long. Just look at what happened to Roman empire after Constantine allowed Christians to openly practice their cult.
    The Roman empire is sort of a bad example. They were religious already, Justinian just used Christianity as a tool for power. As religions are mostly used.

Religions can be tolerated in secular societies as long as:
    A) They don't teach people to break laws,
    B) They don't have any special rights,
    C) They respect other peoples right to openly ridicule their ridiculous ideas.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Western Roman Empire lasted +/- 400 years after Christianity.
    Eastern Roman Empire lasted +/- 1400 years after Christianity.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Davius's Avatar Senator

1) culture with respect for women
    2) inject millions from a culture with no respect for women
    3) ?????
    4) profit!
    Are cops killing blacks in disproportionate numbers? Nah:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphi...ice-shootings/

Quote Originally Posted by Davius View Post
    4) profit!
    Actually some lawyers finally might be getting new cases to profit from.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Davius's Avatar Senator

The bleeding hearts are put in such an unenviable position over this. They want to welcome this beautiful culture into their nation with open arms and open wallets but then there's the whole part about this culture viewing and treating women like animals.

Ohhhh the quandary.

The bleeding hearts are put in such an unenviable position over this. They want to welcome this beautiful culture into their nation with open arms and open wallets but then there's the whole part about this culture viewing and treating women like animals.

Ohhhh the quandary.
    The argument that anybody wants to shelter refugees to change culture is a strawman from the far-right. I have challenged every anti-refugee poster on this forum to quote a Government leader saying we should take in refugees to change culture, and nobody can.

We are sheltering refugees because of our legal and moral duty to do so. Germany in particular is considering all Syrians for refugee status because of the overwhelming upsurge in refugees originating from Syria in 2015, and the threat of European border states such as Greece being overwhelmed under the obligation of Dublin II to return asylum seekers to the EU state in which they entered.

Should a refugee commit a crime we have well established principles of individual justice that govern this. The German Government has explicitly stated that they are making it easier to deport asylum seekers that break the law. In reality, of the 58 people arrested over the NYE disorder, only 3 were Syrian or Iraqi refugees, the same amount of German citizens who were arrested. The remainder were from Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, countries that in January declared safe, meaning it was extremely unlikely anybody from those countries would be granted asylum.

Does that help explain the actual reality of what's happening?

Davius's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    The argument that anybody wants to shelter refugees to change culture is a strawman from the far-right. I have challenged every anti-refugee poster on this forum to quote a Government leader saying we should take in refugees to change culture, and nobody can.

We are sheltering refugees because of our legal and moral duty to do so. Germany in particular is considering all Syrians for refugee status because of the overwhelming upsurge in refugees originating from Syria in 2015, and the threat of European border states such as Greece being overwhelmed under the obligation of Dublin II to return asylum seekers to the EU state in which they entered.

Should a refugee commit a crime we have well established principles of individual justice that govern this. The German Government has explicitly stated that they are making it easier to deport asylum seekers that break the law. In reality, of the 58 people arrested over the NYE disorder, only 3 were Syrian or Iraqi refugees, the same amount of German citizens who were arrested. The remainder were from Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, countries that in January declared safe, meaning it was extremely unlikely anybody from those countries would be granted asylum.

Does that help explain the actual reality of what's happening?
    I said nothing about wanting to take refugees to change any culture.

I was pointing out the quandary of "let's take these wonderful people in! Uh ohhhh, their culture sees women as half a tick above animals...now what?"

I said nothing about wanting to take refugees to change any culture.

I was pointing out the quandary of "let's take these wonderful people in! Uh ohhhh, their culture sees women as half a tick above animals...now what?"
    Doesn't change my point. There's no Government official making this argument, it's a far-right straw man.

Davius's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Doesn't change my point. There's no Government official making this argument, it's a far-right straw man.
    Doesn't change the fact that overwhelmingly, most of the refugees come from a culture of treating women like farm animals.

I just love the duality of the position, "let's embrace these wonderful people!...oh wait, they see women as not worthy of existing except to birth more offspring". It's not a "far right position" (nice labeling attempt, tho), it's just a fact.

Doesn't change the fact that overwhelmingly, most of the refugees come from a culture of treating women like farm animals.

I just love the duality of the position, "let's embrace these wonderful people!...oh wait, they see women as not worthy of existing except to birth more offspring". It's not a "far right position" (nice labeling attempt, tho), it's just a fact.
    That's how the Western nation's culture were just a few decades ago. In some way, it's still true. If Westerners were able to take a step forward then perhaps they can find a way to make these people take those same steps. That's, of course, taking what you say at face value. There are likely many Syrians that are more progressive compared to many Europeans themselves.
    The Armenian Issue

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They will be integrated if they stop to belong to their old culture and adapt to European culture. Let the past behind you, open yourself to your (better) future.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Western Roman Empire lasted +/- 400 years after Christianity.
    Eastern Roman Empire lasted +/- 1400 years after Christianity.
    By 480 WRE was pretty much gone, and Christianity was adopted in 300s during Constantine's reign. So it was less then 200 years, for an empire that lasted for many centuries while being "pagan".

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    They will be integrated if they stop to belong to their old culture and adapt to European culture. Let the past behind you, open yourself to your (better) future.
    Except this is not why they go to Europe. First and foremost, they are there for welfare. They don't care about Western "values' (whatever those are at this point).

Seems police collaborated with criminals in Rothertham rape cases, being rapists themselves. I wonder if only police, things might go further and reach mass media and the people involved in such.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-sex-groomers/

Is this suposed to be an "advanced country"? Our PIDE torture chambers from fascist regime at least were honest on their intent in their names.
    Last edited by fkizz; February 26, 2016 at 03:28 PM.

-George Orwell