Thread: TWC Rollback Recovery

Default TWC Rollback Recovery

So because of forum/server related BS, we just lost about 2 weeks worth of posts and threads. Please give us a couple of days to repost and change everything back. Most of the previews are on the moddb page save for Nicaea and Bulgaria and some of the campaign and 2d art stuff. But I'm not feeling well and frankly upset about this happening so I'm not up to backtracking atm.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TWC Rollback Recovery

Even stuff like reps and PM's have been rolled back. Its like a time machine

Well that is not good. Unfortunately I cleaned my cache yesterday evening, so I don't really have anything useful to help backtrack, other than the subforum home page from around 1pm GMT today. You can DL that from here if it's any use:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...2222215/aa8cde

Hopefully some other users still have their caches intact and can recover some of the files and discussions.

A fair few of the Chrome cache pages for the site are still intact, so maybe that will help. They have the initial previews of Nicaea and Bulgaria so that's of some use:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...pire-of-Nicaea
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...garian-Tsardom

Also some of the campaign map thread:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...-Thread/page10

Its okay, most people already saw all released previews. Can i know if almohads/ khwarezms / mamluks will be done soon?

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That was a bit of a punch below the waist I'd say. Sorry to hear that.

Back on the horse! Is the maps still in order or should we go over that part once more?

​~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Its okay, most people already saw all released previews. Can i know if almohads/ khwarezms / mamluks will be done soon?
    They will be done but they are not the next in the row. Next is Poland, Epirus and late era Teutonic Order, but I have done several units of all these factions already so Khwarezmids and / or Mongols mights come after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    That was a bit of a punch below the waist I'd say. Sorry to hear that.

Back on the horse! Is the maps still in order or should we go over that part once more?

​~Wille
    I think the map is more or less fine now but Jan can give you more insight if something still needs further discussion.

I'll get the map thread up again when I'm a bit less busy, or distracted, or whatever. There might be a couple small tweaks to province and settlement names, but I think faction ownership is pretty much decided. What I want to do next is finish off icons for separatist factions (pretty much recolors of existing icons, for simplicity) and get to grips with some UI work, as well as researching starting characters for each faction and their diplomatic relations. Quite a bit of work ahead.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm not going to lie, that sounds quite interesting! (yeah, I'm that kind of person) Keep up the good work guys!

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

before all of this happened I've asked if this mod will need the AoC DLC because I've read on some comments that you are using lots of features from it

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Styl2000 View Post
    before all of this happened I've asked if this mod will need the AoC DLC because I've read on some comments that you are using lots of features from it
    I answered you on the very same day this happened so you did not see it: you do not need any of the DLCs to be able to play this mod.

I myself don't have the majority of the released DLCs, yet I am able to play around with the assets.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

from me it was last the long post about the Volga bulgars. Ill try later today to repost it in the research thread.

I hope you can, that post was immensely helpful for that faction.