Thread: Where are the Chapter Houses?

Default Where are the Chapter Houses?

I had already tried to search in the forums but I had failed misserably in doing so.

What are the requisites to build chapter houses for knightly orders in SS 6.4? In what settlements I can build them?

Default Re: Where are the Chapter Houses?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven of Spades View Post
    I had already tried to search in the forums but I had failed misserably in doing so.

What are the requisites to build chapter houses for knightly orders in SS 6.4? In what settlements I can build them?
    I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd answer anyway.

I can build either Templars or St. Johns (Hospitallers) in either Jerusalem or Antioch right from the get go in the early era as Crusaders. Not sure about other cities or other kingdoms. Anyone know?

Its been a while since i played a faction that can have chapter houses, i think you get an offer to build them after f.e. joining a crusade.

The chapter houses are linked to certain settlements at certain build levels. Minor city gets the first level, and large city gets the second. So England for example gets both Templars and Hospitallers. I believe in unmodded 6.4, it's just a handful of settlements that get them. I have the British Isles, all of France, and parts Germany, and I can only build Templars in Clermont and Toulouse. I think the settlements for Templars and Hospitallers are mostly clustered in the Middle East, while Montesa is mostly in Spain and Teutonic are mostly in Germany. Hostpitallers are mostly North Africa, I believe. I found a list once but I've had trouble finding the full list again.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenKing View Post
    The chapter houses are linked to certain settlements at certain build levels. Minor city gets the first level, and large city gets the second. So England for example gets both Templars and Hospitallers. I believe in unmodded 6.4, it's just a handful of settlements that get them. I have the British Isles, all of France, and parts Germany, and I can only build Templars in Clermont and Toulouse. I think the settlements for Templars and Hospitallers are mostly clustered in the Middle East, while Montesa is mostly in Spain and Teutonic are mostly in Germany. Hostpitallers are mostly North Africa, I believe. I found a list once but I've had trouble finding the full list again.
    I think this is mostly right. Here's what I found in the export_descr_buildings file. Templars minor chapter house is available to the following factions: England, Jerusalem (Crusaders), Norway, France, Scotland, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Papal, Milan (forget who this became), Venice, Sicily and the hidden resource "templars_chapter_house" in the region. The city must be at least a city.

The major house has all the same requirements but it must also be a large city. (And you can't build both Templars and Hospitallers in the same city)

St. Johns has the same requirements.

According to the descr_regions file in data-world-maps-base folder, here are the cities that have that "templars_chapter_house" hidden resource:

Toulouse, Edessa, Antioch, Aleppo, Damascus, Acre, Jerusalem, Tortosa, Clermont.

St. Johns (Hospitallers) can be built in all of the above EXCEPT Toulouse or Clermont. It can additionally be built in Iraklion or Rhodes.

Knights of Santiago can be built in Leon, Oporto, and Salamanca.

Montesa can be built in Pamplona, Zaragoza, and Valencia.

I didn't look up Teutonic Knights because I think they may have other requirements, but you can look them up in this file also.

Whew. Hope that helps!