Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Quote Originally Posted by sohei33 View Post
    • Name of your issue : Unending Turn
    • Is issue repeatable? 3 times with 2 different factions
    • What year are you in? 1132 - 1135 - 1142
    • What faction do you play? Chauhan Rajput - Seldjuks of Kerman
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): After triggering end turn I'm always stuck on the ERE flag, I've waited up to 1h00 but still not working. The only succesful campaign was with the Kwarehmians.

Thanks for any (badly needed) help !

Made a mistake with the years: 1192 - 1195 - 1204

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!): Crash to desktop when playing as Romans. Turn 3. Trying to auto resolve attack against Dorylaeum.
    Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) No. The second time I tried, it worked.
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game: It happened when I pressed "auto resolve".
    What is you operating system: Windows 8
    What language version of the game do you have? English
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? Summer 1175
    What faction do you play? Roman Empire
    What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) Don't know but it was a rebel settlement
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): The game crashed when I tried to auto resolve an attack on Dorylaeum. I was using the army from Constantinople under emperor Manuel I.

• Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): After triggering end turn I'm always stuck on the ERE flag, I've waited up to 1h00 but still not working. The only succesful campaign was with the Kwarehmians.

I had the same problem too.
    I must first say Byzantineboy has done a most fantastic job already, I think this version of BC is far more stable than the past ones.
    Here's my situation.

• Is issue repeatable? repeated attempts with the save yield the same result.
    • What year are you in? 1191
    • What faction do you play? Abbasids
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): Same. After triggering end turn I'm always stuck on the ERE flag, I've waited ages but still not working.

I toggled fow and found the Romans were besiging Silistra when the standstill happened. I reckon the only event Silistra had was the Bulgarian revolt and I've tried changing campaign_script.xml
    I aim to eliminate the Bulgarian revolt if the player is non-Roman (the addition is in bold):

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; BULGARIAN REVOLT of 1185 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

declare_counter BulgarianRevolt1
    set_counter BulgarianRevolt1 0

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave
    and I_LocalFaction byzantium

generate_random_counter BulgarianRevolt2 0 4
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType slave

if I_EventCounter BulgarianRevolt2 > 0
    and I_TurnNumber > 23

reposition_character bulgarian_1, 3, 172
    set_counter BulgarianRevolt1 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType byzantium
    and FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 23
    add_events
    event historic bulgarian_revolt
    date 0 0
    end_add_events
    terminate_monitor
    ; end_if
    end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType slave
    and I_EventCounter BulgarianRevolt2 > 0
    and I_CharacterTypeNearTile slave named_character, 0 3, 172

siege_settlement bulgarian_1, Varna, maintain
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and IsBesieging

if I_CharacterExists bulgarian_1
    siege_settlement bulgarian_1, Varna, attack
    end_if
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

I have never modded that file before, just copied from the AI garrison scripts on top.
    The crash continues for my Abbasid save; but I have started a kara kitai campaign after that and up to 1200AD, no Bulgarian revolt or standstill has happened so far.
    Can anyone see if my changes are useful?
    I hope I could make a small contribution to this great mod

I have met with the same problem.

• Is issue repeatable? yes, with the same save
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): Same. After triggering end turn I'm always stuck on the ERE flag, I've waited up for ages but still not working.

I toggled fow and found the Romans were besieging Silistra when the standstill happened, and the campaign script associated with Silistra was the Bulgarian revolt. So I tried to mod out the Bulgarian revolt if the player is non Roman. My Abbasid campaign was unsalvagable but in my subsequent campaign as the Kara-Kitai, no Bulgarian revolt or standstill has happened so far (I'm in 1200).

Below you can find my modified part in campaignscript.xml (starting on line 3689)
    the modified areas arre in bold. It's my first time changing that file, so enlighten me if I had any error.
    Hope I could be a little use to this great mod

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; BULGARIAN REVOLT of 1185 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 23

terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_monitor

and FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 23
    add_events
    date 0 0
    end_add_events
    terminate_monitor
    ; end_if
    end_monitor

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and IsBesieging

end_if
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

I cannot launch the mod, it will display splash screen for 2 seconds then CTD with no error message or anything.

There are no install setup in the dowload.

I think I had an Install error? Every time I launch Broken Crescent, it launches a different mod instead (De Bello Mundi 1.1). I have redownloaded Broken Crescent several times and it still hasn't fixed the issue.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PersianEmperor View Post
    I think I had an Install error? Every time I launch Broken Crescent, it launches a different mod instead (De Bello Mundi 1.1). I have redownloaded Broken Crescent several times and it still hasn't fixed the issue.
    1) How exactly do you launch the game? Via Steam? Via desktop shortcut?
    2) Where have you installed the mod?
    3) Can you please find the mod's .bat file, open it and copy its contents here?

By the way, welcome to TWC! In case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1984 View Post
    1) How exactly do you launch the game? Via Steam? Via desktop shortcut?
    2) Where have you installed the mod?
    3) Can you please find the mod's .bat file, open it and copy its contents here?

By the way, welcome to TWC! In case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.
    1) I launch the game through the .bat file (" bc_lanuch ") as there
    2) I installed the mod into ... steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    It has its own folder and everything as it should be with every other mod (The folder's name is " Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4 ")
    3) .bat file contents are on the line below:

@echo off
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4\bc_kingdoms.cfg

P.S. for convenience, my Medieval 2 version is 1.52 (Steam version), and my OS is Windows 10.

1) I launch via .bat file (bc_launch)
    2) I installed it into the medieval 2 mod directory: ... steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    3) .bat file contents:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4\bc_kingdoms.cfg

P.S. my OS is Windows 10 and my Medieval 2 is the Steam version, patch 1.52

Citizen

That's what I suspected the culprit was. Well, as far as I know launching the game via the bat file when it's the Steam version of the game isn't the best option. You can check in the Starting Steam Mods the Easy Way thread for an analysis of the alternative ways to doing it. I believe you will find all the answers there.

If you don't manage to launch it (and if another more wise member pops up and gives you a more detailed answer), or if you want any more clarifications, post your questions either here or in the linked thread, and we will see how it goes from there.

Ok, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1984 View Post
    That's what I suspected the culprit was. Well, as far as I know launching the game via the bat file when it's the Steam version of the game isn't the best option. You can check in the Starting Steam Mods the Easy Way thread for an analysis of the alternative ways to doing it. I believe you will find all the answers there.

If you don't manage to launch it (and if another more wise member pops up and gives you a more detailed answer), or if you want any more clarifications, post your questions either here or in the linked thread, and we will see how it goes from there.
    I think I fixed the problem. I had entered in a launch command on the steam launcher which screwed up my mods. Now my mods all work fine. Without that link I probably still would have been lost lol.

Citizen

Glad I helped! Have fun enjoying!

Name of your issue (Don't be creative - CTD on turn, always at Rebels faction displayed at the top scroll
    Is CTD repeatable? yes
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn
    What is you operating system Windows 10, 64 bit
    What language version of the game do you have? english
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 1207, turn 67
    What faction do you play? Jeruzalem
    What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) I think Rebels, because they are displayed at the top when it happens... I am not sure 100 %
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): On turn CTD, very frustrating, it is third time I started to play as Jerusalem, but can not go past.
    Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file: I can not.... there is nothing in this folder.... I do not know how to create one.... help????...

anybody???... anything????.... a little help, please....

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Slawek1212 View Post
    Name of your issue (Don't be creative - CTD on turn, always at Rebels faction displayed at the top scroll
    Is CTD repeatable? yes
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn
    What is you operating system Windows 10, 64 bit
    What language version of the game do you have? english
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 1207, turn 67
    What faction do you play? Jeruzalem
    What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) I think Rebels, because they are displayed at the top when it happens... I am not sure 100 %
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): On turn CTD, very frustrating, it is third time I started to play as Jerusalem, but can not go past.
    Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file: I can not.... there is nothing in this folder.... I do not know how to create one.... help????...
    Hi Slavek1212 and welcome to TWC!

The only thing I could think of is that some Rebel's action is messing up your game. AFAIK Rebels don't usually do this, but it never hurts to try this:
    1) Open the console command (usually by pressing ~).
    2) Type toggle_fow (to toggle fog of war off).
    3) Open your game settings (by pressing Esc) and activate the option to follow the AI's movement.
    4) End the turn and watch carefully what exact rebel unit is causing the CTD. It might be a siege battle, a bridge crossing or something different. Reload and check again to make sure you found out the culprit.
    5) Report back here for further instructions.

I have to note though that if this CTD is mod-specific, I will be of little help. If not, then we'll see how we'll proceed from you reporting back (in which case probably no log is needed).

By the way, in case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

And of course if you need guidance for your very first step, check this guide when and if you have the time.

Hi I'm playing as Vladimir on turn 40 and there is a bug with my income. My financial report is showing profits of 3000 and income of 11000 but my actual money is hovering around 7000. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hippotoxotai View Post
    I have met with the same problem.

• Is issue repeatable? yes, with the same save
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): Same. After triggering end turn I'm always stuck on the ERE flag, I've waited up for ages but still not working.

I toggled fow and found the Romans were besieging Silistra when the standstill happened, and the campaign script associated with Silistra was the Bulgarian revolt. So I tried to mod out the Bulgarian revolt if the player is non Roman. My Abbasid campaign was unsalvagable but in my subsequent campaign as the Kara-Kitai, no Bulgarian revolt or standstill has happened so far (I'm in 1200).

Below you can find my modified part in campaignscript.xml (starting on line 3689)
    the modified areas arre in bold. It's my first time changing that file, so enlighten me if I had any error.
    Hope I could be a little use to this great mod

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 23

terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_monitor

and FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 23
    add_events
    date 0 0
    end_add_events
    terminate_monitor
    ; end_if
    end_monitor

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and IsBesieging

end_if
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    High all, I have had exactly this problem, does anyone know if the solution posed above will makevmy saves invalid?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

In the Kingdom of Georgia Kartlian Spearmen and Metsikhovne Spearmen Can not buy.

Aznauri horse archer Buy it only in Baku , This is a mistake

Aznauri is georgian noble, aznauri is not shirvan noble.

Coming Soon Georgian Historical roster, Please add in Broken Crescent

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nfo-and-units)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast