Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Icon4 BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

BC 2.4 Problem Reporting

All problems encountered during the installation or game play should be reported here.
    Please, use the existing developed templates for reporting the problem. This will help us to better understand what the problem is and solve it faster.

Guidelines 1. First define what the problem is.
    2. Check if the issue has already been resolved in fix threads. If not continue to report.
    3. Open spoiler section for each problem type.
    4. Copy the template format, and paste it in you post.
    5. Answer all questions asked in the template.

Rules of postings 1. All posts filed without template format will be ignored.
    2. No need to report completely if the issue is already reported. Duplicates will be deleted.
    3. Issues as historical accuracy, units-battle balance, and similar non-technical nature ‘problems’ should not be reported in this thread and will be deleted.
    4. If issue selection does not offer what you need, continue to report using the most appropriate template. Name your issue. In “Comments” section of your post, explain issue encountered. Moderators will make correction if needed.

FAQ "I found a problem with the game, but the issue is not offered in your issue selection. Can I still post it?"
    Yes. See the Rules. If post is in violation of any of the rules, it will be ignored.

"Ok, I reported the issue. What now?"
    Sit tight. The team is reviewing all issues, and they will be fixed in time.

PROBLEM CATEGORIES

UNABLE TO INSTALL

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UNABLE TO INSTALL

Use the following template to report issues with installation. Answer all question. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the BC release thread?
    • Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)?
    • What is the size of your install file?
    • What is you operating system?
    • What language version of the game do you have?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific!):
    • Provide Screen shot if applicable

CTD (crash to desktop)

CTD ISSUES

Use the following template to report CTD issue only. Answer all questions. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game
    • What is you operating system
    • What language version of the game do you have?
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?
    • What faction do you play?
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments)
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:

Go to “...your local drive...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs”
    Grab the copy of your log files
    Use file senders like http://www.sendspace.com/ to upload you file

Provide link in your post. (DO NOT ATTACH LOG IN YOUR POST)
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

GAME PLAY BUGS (not CTD related)

GAME PLAY BUGS
    Use the following template to report issues during the game play. For example, “the game is telling me to take “Strelac’s Town”, but the city doesn’t exist…”, or notification about Crusades has popped out, but there is no crusading army… Basically all issues where there is a problem in game play, but game continues to run…you got the point. All CTD issues report in CTD format. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Is issue repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • What year are you in?
    • What faction do you play?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

GRAPHICAL BUGS (skins, models, 2D art, etc.)

GRAPHICAL BUGS

Use the following template to report graphical issues. In this group belongs, but not limited to, units –skins and models problems, 2D art messed up or not showing,… anything related to visually identifiable issue.
    Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

NOTE: Reports without Screenshots will be ignored.

• What faction, what unit(s)?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments?
    • Provide Screenshot.

TEXT BUGS (spelling, missing terms, inaccurate names…)

TEXT BUGS

Use the following template to report text issues. In this group belongs, but not limited to, misssspelling, missing terms/text, names…
    Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

NOTE: Report like “The name of your unit is ‘Villager Rapist’, but in fact this unit should be called ‘Village Plunderer’…” IS NOT considered TEXT BUGS.

• Briefly describe the issue and add comments?

For logging add these lines to your bc.cfg file
    Code:
    [log]
    to=logs/system.log.txt
    level =ai.ltgd trace
    level =game.script* trace
    file = game.script* logs/script.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/ai.log.txt

[ai]
    ltgd_logging = true

[fieldset2=Known issues and solutions]
    CTD and error "Could not open UI! Vid mem XXXX
    2.3 launches but there is CTD while loading a campaign, and system.log reports following error: "[data.invalid] [error] Could not open UI! Vid mem 397368320" (the number is varied for each user!).

Solution (thanks to justme):
    Remove the

[io]
    file_first = true

lines from the bc_kingdoms.cfg file.
    [CONTENTBOX="CTD while setting a custom siege battle"]When you try to choose settlement size, the mod crashes to desktop.

Solution (original thread):
    1. Select Custom Battle from the game menu
    2. Select settlement level: Fort
    3. Change settlement culture
    4. Select your desired settlement level
    5. Proceed

If you know how to fix it permanently, let us know, please.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Playing as the Kara-Khitan. Noticed for some reason I can't marry the Naimen princess to my Faction Leader as the event pop up suggests... he is also not married btw.

4 volga bulgar units (dismounted bagatyr, bolghar nobles, bolghars bodyguards and bolghar heavy horse archers) and vladimir suzdal ships cards missing
    yemeni al mahrah use horse instead camel

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Crashing during city battles:

I have polish version of medieval2 and game crashes each time i try to make a siege or sortie it crashes.
    Otherwise it works smoothly.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

guys i have steam version of m2tw and + kingdoms expansion but when i launch bat file it says that he cannot find kingdoms.exe, i checked it out and there is only me2tw exe not kingdoms should there be both?

EDIT: i found out how to solve the problem, just rename m2tw.exe into Kingdoms.exe and it will work.

GL
    Last edited by metsikhovne; December 24, 2015 at 03:40 PM.

GAME PLAY BUGS

• Name of your issue (Mercenaries retraining issue)
    • Is issue repeatable? (Yes)
    • What year are you in? (3)
    • What faction do you play? (Abbasids)
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. :
    • Mercenaries like omani mercenaries, bado camel archers, turkoman mercenaries are available for recruit in Baghdad region only (at start) while being able to retrain in at least al-Hilla and al-Najaf
    • Will check if it is appliable for other regions

Graphical Bugs

Issue: Silver Surfer General
    Faction: Volga Bulgaria

Issue: Missing Unit Info Cards Pictures - all initial and recruitable Volga Bulgaria Units have their unit info cards pictures missing
    Faction: Volga Bulgaria

Found some weird stat choice for various units of various factions. Not sure if this is the team's own way of combat balance.

Mounted Teutonic Knights have piercing, sword for their secondary weapon instead of blunt, mace since they're using mace weapon.
    Chauhan Bodyguard bow damage is a really high 10 when the rest of the bow units only get up to 5.
    Elephants unit only have hitpoints of 2, damage of 5 with no ap and run amok or route really easy, there's no point of even using them due to high cost and no potency. Only way to use them effectively is to charge them at cavalry or individual light infantry, charge at a well armored lines of infantry and they will drop like flies or run away right after impact.
    The Paramaras armored elephant javelin have no ap for their javelin damage while the Paramaras armored elephant archers have ap for their bow damage.
    Tarim noble armor stat and horse does not match their description as being able to afford horse armor, and they have no secondary weapons but have ap for their secondary attribute. And to my knowledge they do equip armor for their horse historically, and uses a kind of tibetan saber.
    Last edited by Babygod22; January 17, 2016 at 12:40 AM.

• Secondary weapon of the unit does not dispalyed
    • Uyanids, Fursan Al-Bahrein
    • When unit switches to the secondary weapon it starts to fight with bare hands, but arms position is implying the weapon should be there
    • http://i.imgur.com/Tt73qk3.jpg

Text Bug
    Bulghar Unit Kasogi has description, referring to the alans.

Text Bug
    Bulghar Unit Dismounted Bagatyr has cavalry description.

Roger II's Avatar Civis

I found a couple of game play bugs:

Playing as Uynunids:
    The city of Awa - no roads appear on map after being built.
    Captured city of Axum - could not recruit Zanji swordsmen
    Playing a Ghaznauids: Mitankot starts out as a castle but has city recruitment

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

When I open the game the game is just loading and wont start, HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Babygod22 View Post
    Elephants unit only have hitpoints of 2, damage of 5 with no ap and run amok or route really easy, there's no point of even using them due to high cost and no potency. Only way to use them effectively is to charge them at cavalry or individual light infantry, charge at a well armored lines of infantry and they will drop like flies or run away right after impact.
    Didn't meet a problem with elephants, probably you don't know how to cook them? It's best charge cavalry in the game, instilling fear in ranks of the enemy. Just charge from a long distance and get them out of mess, repeat. Wisely used you can manage full enemy stack with 4-5 elephant units and some meatshield. Though be careful against javelin units as they will devastate elephants in a blink if left alone

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Silni View Post
    When I open the game the game is just loading and wont start, HELP PLEASE
    Can you be more precise and give a more long description of a problem? (What and how was installed, what version of a vanilla game do you use, steam/non steam, how do you run a game, which error occurs?)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger II View Post
    I found a couple of game play bugs:

Playing as Uynunids:
    The city of Awa - no roads appear on map after being built. - Official response from BC team: Awa is an island, the region was never historically connected to Omani lands, so no roads for the region
    Captured city of Axum - could not recruit Zanji swordsmen - The whole game mechanics is based on Area of Recruitment concept, so each faction has a a set of nearby regions where it can recruit faction units, further only native units are available. So possibly this is the matter
    Playing a Ghaznauids: Mitankot starts out as a castle but has city recruitment- Known issue, thanks. Byzantineboy, thought it was already fixed?

• Name of your issue: not working saves
    • Is CTD repeatable?: yes
    • CTD occur during the: Strategy map activation
    • operating system: Windows 7 64bit
    • What language version of the game do you have: English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred: not sure, round 1205
    • What faction do you play?: the Eldeguzids
    • What faction is creating the CTD: N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments: i was playing without any problems until 1205 when this happened: before attacking a little rebel stack in Caucasus I saved the game, because I wasn't sure if I would win (attacking only with the bodyguard). I also had an autosave from the previous turn. I lost the annoying skirmish and I wanted to reload, but neither of the saves would work - in both cases after it finishes loading it crashes before showing the strategy map and it pops the "unspecified error" thing.
      log file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/u483es

• Briefly describe the issue and add comments: i was playing without any problems until 1205 when this happened: before attacking a little rebel stack in Caucasus I saved the game, because I wasn't sure if I would win (attacking only with the bodyguard). I also had an autosave from the previous turn. I lost the annoying skirmish and I wanted to reload, but neither of the saves would work - in both cases after it finishes loading it crashes before showing the strategy map and it pops the "unspecified error" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vls-z View Post
    Ok, it is surely because crusader attack of Constantinople. Some bugs like that occured even already in the 2.01 and 2.3 versions.
    Make sure you do not reload a game between 1205 and 1208 or something like that. I will see what happened, but I can not be sure to beeing able to fix that.

I did download the file. when i try to open bc launch it says it cant find kindoms.exe

How do i solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlackland View Post
    I did download the file. when i try to open bc launch it says it cant find kindoms.exe

How do i solve this?
    Please, check this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...exe-quot-issue

I tried playing the Uyyubids,and a lot of the units don't have info in their info cards or have the wrong description (for a different unit)

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Gameplay Bug

Problem: sunni factions can't build sunni temples (and related problems)
    Cause: logic errors in EDB

To elaborate: some expression for building requirements make use of event counter values. They are always connected to the "factions {...}" with an "and" clause. This means: you need to be one of the specified factions AND the event counter needs to be set on the specified value. This is obviously not what was intended and causes a lot of bugs. The most apparent is that sunni factions can't build sunni temples (or madrassas) at the start of the games since event counter sindh_sunni is 0 at the start of the game.
    In simple words: as long as sindh is NOT sunni, NOBODY can construct sunni temples.

The same kind of error applies to shia temples (once sindh is no longer shia, NOBODY can construct shia temples), and all buildings related to khitan conversion (normal madrassas, buddist monasteries, orthodox temples).

I have fixed this by changing the boolean expression to their (what I think) intended meaning.

I have attached to fixed EDB.

If you don't want to use the whole file, the changes I made are the following (changes are always for all instances of the building type):

temple_muslim and temple_muslim_castle
    change
    "requires factions { egypt, cumans, moors, timurids, hre, turks, russia, venice, milan, spain, denmark, hungary, } and event_counter sindh_sunni 1"
    to
    "requires factions { egypt, cumans, moors, timurids, hre, turks, russia, venice, milan, spain, denmark, } or factions { hungary, } and event_counter sindh_sunni 1"

madrassa and c_madrassa
    change
    "requires factions { timurids, saxons, hre, turks, moors, denmark, russia, milan, venice, egypt, spain, hungary, slave, } and event_counter khitan_buddhist 1 and event_counter sindh_sunni 1"
    to
    "requires factions { timurids, hre, turks, moors, denmark, russia, milan, venice, egypt, spain, slave, } or factions { hungary, } and event_counter sindh_sunni 1 or factions { saxons, } and event_counter khitan_buddhist 1"

temple_shia, temple_shia_castle, madrassa_shia and c_madrassa_shia
    change
    "requires factions { mongols, hungary, yemen, normans, } and event_counter sindh_shia 1"
    to
    "requires factions { mongols, yemen, normans, } or factions { hungary, } and event_counter sindh_shia 1"

buddhistmon and c_buddhistmon
    change
    "requires factions { mongols, saxons, } and event_counter khitan_buddhist 1"
    to
    "requires factions { mongols, } or factions { saxons, } and event_counter khitan_buddhist 1"

I've tested the changes in game and it should work now like intended.

Edit: for future reference, you can't place explicit brackets in boolean expressions in the EDB, but the parser seems to resolve the expression according to standard implicit bracketing. Meaning that "and" statements are always in brackets and "or" statements are not. Thus the expression for madrassas "A or B and C or D and E" gets resolved to "A or (B and C) or (D and E)".
    At least, thats my impression and the fixes are made under this assumption.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rabenrecht; February 06, 2016 at 07:03 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast