Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.4 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

- Game is stuck during an AI faction turn

- Reloaded several times

- Ghaznavids

- The game just gets stuck during the ERE turn, it isn't a ctd, but it just stands still, I can even re-load the game and move around the map.

Here's my saved game.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Umm so when iam in a siege battle on the campaign I cant see any of the important buildings like The Hagia Sophia and other.Is this a bug or they actualy not in the city or something ...

• Name of your issue : Unending loading screen
    • Is issue repeatable? Each time I click on "option"
    • What year are you in? N/A
    • What faction do you play? N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): The mod is running without any problem except one, it's impossible for me to change my options (specially the "units size") because when I click on the "option" button, the hourglass for the loading screen appears and the loading time doesn't finish, I can't make a back windows, I can't do anything and I have to turn off my pc to leave the game. I have this problem for stainless steel too but not in my vanilla game
    • I hope that someone could help me because I love this mod and this problem is ruining my game experience
    • sorry if I have made mistakes, English is not my first language

• Name of your issue - BC CTD at seemingly random times
    • Is CTD repeatable? Yes
    • Did CTD occur during - I had the CTD happen both during the rebel faction turn but also just playing on the strategy map
    • What is you operating system Win 10 x64
    • What language version of the game do you have? English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 1176
    • What faction do you play? Khwarezmshah
    • What faction is creating the CTD - not sure
    • Link to log file attached

Playing BC the CTD seems to happen at random times - it either happens during the Rebel faction turn or just on the strategy map. The game log says something about Bink just before it crashes, so I have installed RAD video game tools, but this did not seem to help. I have also played a little of the Americas campaign to make sure the base game is fine, and I have no CTD there. I have also tried setting compatibility mode in Windows and enabling administrator rights, this did not seem to help.
    I will try installing Buff and Shine and see if it is any different with that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12j...XyHh7hI8B9fcPx
    Peace and prosperity to you noble sadiq

Just to say that after installing Buff and Shine I no longer get a CTD
    Peace and prosperity to you noble sadiq

Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the BC release thread? - Yes
    Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)? - Yes
    What is the size of your install file? - 3 910 728
    What is you operating system? - Vista
    What language version of the game do you have? - Polish

Fashion I downloaded from another server every time.
    - moddba
    - mediafire
    - google drive

I used WinRaR and 7-zip for unpacking and every time the mod weighed 6.39 GB, and it should be over 8GB.
    I installed the latest version of 7-zip and it was the same.

I would ask for help in solving this problem.

My Broken Crescent mod folder is about 6.5 GB. So that appears to be the correct size.

Why do you think it should be 8GB?

On the Polish TW forum, one user wrote that his mod weighs 8GB. I thought that the reason lies here, why when loading a campaign, the game crashes into the desktop, when there is not much left for the bar to load.

Zapis logów - https://mega.nz/#!MY0DRRIa!Qpe0U89NS...XbpAnVOi5pS8Tw

From your log:
    17:37:16.729 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

That seems a very likely reason for the crash.

Of Course, why you run out of Memory is a different question.

I solved the problem. I moved Medieval to the new disk partition and the mod starts up without problems.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!) - Just CTD
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) - Randomly repeated, no problems before turn 100, started after turn 100 CTD every end turn on random faction turn
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game - A)year Turn
    • What is you operating system - Win 10
    • What language version of the game do you have? - Eng
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? - turn 100 - 101 - 102
    • What faction do you play? - Georgia
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) - Not specific, CTD occures on random nation
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...f8KsT4jEaHs7UK

Thanks in advance

• Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the BC release thread? Yes
    • Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)? Yes
    • What is the size of your install file? 3.7GB
    • What is you operating system? Catalina (10.15.7)
    • What language version of the game do you have? English
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific!): I am unable to open the bc_launch.bat file as I am running on a Mac. Therefore, I cannot move further with the installation process. I'm currently trying to find an alternative to run the file.
    Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tril-light scope. - HK-47

Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!) CTD on Battle Map Activate
    Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) Yes, cant start any pitch or siege battle as the KoJ
    Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game - Battle map activates, the loading screen appears and the CTD occurs
    What is you operating system MacOs Catalina 10.15.7, installed through steam.
    What language version of the game do you have? English
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? - 4th turn
    What faction do you play? - KoJ
    What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) - I believe that the problem is with the battle map activation.
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): I have EB2, HURB5.6 and vanilla SS6.4 installed and can play battles without any issue
    Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file: I dont know a way of getting my logs
    I would gratly appreciate the help of anyone that might have an idea on how to resolve this CTD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234