Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.4 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Adding my 50 cents, I would also like to propose revising current garrison script to support garrison with units from prebuild buildings only. Because at 2.3.2 it was almost imposssible to rush Khwarezms as they had sooo tough units with garrison script.
    Also garrison units should be considered as "jihad" one, making them vanish in 1-2 turns after the siege occured, as otherwise it is way to overpowered.
    Speaking about exploits, there is a way to force city to defend without a siege, thus skipping the garrison script. Not sure there is a workaround to fix it with M2TW mechanics
    Byzantineboy, I can give details of the exploit and everything else if you will reintroduce the script

also providing # of troops based on % of happiness / % of religion seems fair

I would like this idea but because of how hard it is to convert in the beginning and middle of the game it wouldn't be balanced. i think that it is fine the way it is unless he somehow does it, just my opinion to that.

id also like to say beautiful mod my favorite with the music also. Just beat it yesterday with the Ghorids and now playing as Zhengids. For 2.3.2 I've beat it with Georgians,kypchaks,Romans,Kwarezmshah, and seljuks of Iraq. The only thing id ask for is more music

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have been so preoccupied by RL (unpleasant RL family issues) I have missed the long awaited release. Congratulations. I cannot wait to find the time to get my teeth stuck into a Roman campaign.

Thank you for this AWESOMENESS!!! Kingdom of Georgia forever!

denk87's Avatar Foederatus

was just going to ask about JKD but saw byzantineboy address it, cant wait to see that implemented or made into a submod!

well is there any other link to just update the previous version 2.3.2 of the mod into 2.4 ? I really cant download an other 3.5 GB
    btw will you make Seljuks of Kerman as you made Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam and Seljuks of Rum before.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsoot View Post
    well is there any other link to just update the previous version 2.3.2 of the mod into 2.4 ? I really cant download an other 3.5 GB
    btw will you make Seljuks of Kerman as you made Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam and Seljuks of Rum before.
    I am sorry, but 2.4 is far too big to be just an update like previous version. So it is a standalone version: you will be able to continue to play 2.3.2 and can have both 2.3.2 and 2.4 installed on your computer.

Seljuks of Iraq are Sejuks of Kerman now.

Seljuks of "Iraq" place is taken by Eldeguzid, a totally new azeri-turkic faction.

please also make more Iranian factions such as Atabegs of Azerzbaijan , Shirvan Shahdom ( rep of Azerbaijan ) , Salghurid Atabegs of Fars , Muayediye Atabegs of Khorasan and Hashashins ( Ismaili Shias and their famous forts such Lambsar and Alamut )

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    I am sorry, but 2.4 is far too big to be just an update like previous version. So it is a standalone version: you will be able to continue to play 2.3.2 and can have both 2.3.2 and 2.4 installed on your computer.

Seljuks of "Iraq" place is taken by Eldeguzid, a totally new azeri-turkic faction.
    oh I see so you put Ildeniz Atabegs of Azerbaijan as place of Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam. And Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam are Seljuks of Kerman well thts sounds cool but please dont remove Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam neither. they were Allied with Atabegs of Azerbaijan and both were destroyed by Kharazm Shahdom. and they had city of Hamadan. btw please if you used name of Iraq e Ajam write it as Irak and thats how even Europeans called Iranian Iraq and it was different with Arabian Iraq.
    So in Atabegs of Azerbaijan you used both Tat ( none Turkish natives of Azerbaijan ) as well as Turks ? thats really a great work
    any way thanks a lot for your great mod ill be happy to help you in history of Iran of Middle age
    i guess i have to download this 3.6 GB
    so wont it be part part at least ?

this is map of Iranian local kingdoms at age of collapse of great Seljuk Empire until Rise of Khawrazm Shahdom

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post

Hi did you look at the map that i sent you ? i downloaded 2.4 version and ofcz internet costed so much lol but it had worth. really a great Work specially loved units of Atabegs of Azerbaijan it was Mixture of Turkoman and Tat ( Native Azerbaijanis who were Persian and Medes )
    I have some traditional musics specially music of Georgia if you like i can send some of them to you because Georgian musics of the mod doesnt look Georgian at all
    i have some requests for more Factions In Iran:
    1.well im From Kerman it was Great that i saw Seljuks of Kerman but it was so sad thing it wasnt a playable faction. cant you put a system that we choso to Play as factions we want ? I Unlocked Seljuks of Kerman but it replaces to Azerbaijan and i wanted we be able to chose which faction will be shown at menue.
    2. Historically Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam at Hamadan were last branch of Great Seljuks and they were allied with Azerbaijan and Caliph of Baghdad but Khawrazmid captured both of them so please dont remove Seljuks of Iraq e Ajam and make them as well and put Persian soldiers for them and Seljuks of Kerman as well
    3. Factions that i think you shall add to this great mod and Greater Iran are 1 Salghurid of Fars ,2 Muyadiyye Atabegs of Khorasan ,3 Hashashins ( Ismailis or Assassins ) , 4 Buyid Persians of Zanzibar at Kiliwa ( Zangbar at Tanzania ) 5 Seljuks of Iraq Ajam 6 Shirvan Shahdom 7 Bavandis of Tabarastan.
    4 Adding some units to some factions will also be great things for example Zanggis were Originally Afshar Turkish ( Turcoman ) just like later Karamnids and Afsharid Empire of Iran so having Afshari units as well as Seljuks would be great also i shall say that they were in land that its Native People were Assyrians ( original Syrians or Iraqis ) so adding Assyrian unit to Zangids would be great and Since Ayubids of Egypt were Kurdish adding some Kurdish troops to Ayyubids of Egypt would also be correct.
    again thanks a lot with your great Historical MOD

Awesome Thanks everyone

Thanks for this wonderful update.

One question: (How) does it work on steam version?

Why do you recommend the Mega link and not your Google Drive link? I downloaded the Google drive link. Everything seems to run, but I tried playing the Uyunids (the faction north of the Abassid Caliphate) and it seems like a lot of the unit cards are incomplete. Want to make sure I downloaded the right file.

I like the mod after playing a little, but I think there is a definite lack of polish when it comes to the new content. All of the old units have significantly better descriptions and unit cards, both in terms of text, and in terms both the unit card picture and the picture of the unit on the battlefield if you right click. I think the units themselves look pretty good, but some of the zoomed in pictures look very pixelated, like someone was playing with uber-low graphics when playing them. There are also some noticeable grammatical errors in the unit cards, although I know this is to be expected.

I also think the faction symbols are a lot better for the old factions as well. I like the design styles, but it seems like the resolution of the new symbols is lower than the old ones. The Abbasid Caliphate symbol also seems worse than I remember. It doesn't have the circular 3-d effect like some of the other symbols.

Some of the new general portraits, like the ones for the Khara-Khitai, are also of noticeably lower quality.

I like what you are doing, but I think tiny polish things like these are very important in terms of having an excellent mod. Just wanted to give some feedback.
    Last edited by Asparagus; February 03, 2016 at 10:30 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Missing unit cards and UI are currently being produced (by me).

About graphicals UI cards, UI description, portraits, faction logos etc... please feel free to contribute.
    We need gifted graphists people. My skills are mostly on history and scripting stuff, but very less at graphic work.

About Google link: it is well known that google links are disable by google if too much people download it, it alread happened twice. On Mega, something like it never occured. So the google link is only for people who can't achieve to download with Mega.

Thanx for your feedback,
    feel free to:
    - report orthographic and grammatical errors in the problem reporting thread.
    - contribute and send us better UI, it would directly beeing integrated in the coming patch (serioulsy).

This is so great mod, im back to playing it.. I think i will main it ... Did you considered adding some more factions, i can see that thera still free faction slots.
    I have great idea, it might take a lot of work however. Idea was enlarging map to tunnis area+sicily, and (if possible) part of south italy. This way we would also have greece of course, at least party. We would have berber faction at tunis(it could be done with great units of sumzkils), i guess almohads rulled at that time, normans at sicily, and enlarged empire of byzantine. What do you think about this ? i could do myself roster for almohads and sicily.
    EDIT : Sorry for double post, my net was slow for soem reason. If someone can, delete first post

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    This is so great mod, im back to playing it.. I think i will main it ... Did you considered adding some more factions, i can see that thera still free faction slots.
    I have great idea, it might take a lot of work however. Idea was enlarging map to tunnis area+sicily, and (if possible) part of south italy. This way we would also have greece of course, at least party. We would have berber faction at tunis(it could be done with great units of sumzkils), i guess almohads rulled at that time, normans at sicily, and enlarged empire of byzantine. What do you think about this ? i could do myself roster for almohads and sicily.
    EDIT : Sorry for double post, my net was slow for soem reason. If someone can, delete first post
    As much as I'd like that, it's sadly not possible. At least not without sacrificing the eastern part.