Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Is there a way to install the patch without downloading the whole standalone version or do I need to download the whole thing? As in, I have 2.4, can I just add the 2.4.2 patch to it?

Default Re: [BC 2.4.2] : Standalone Patched Version - [Preview + Download] RELEASED!

Hi guys,
    After a very long hiatus, I'm back to Broken Crescent. I just donwloaded the new version and it works just fine. And then I remembered Something. The awesome work on the EDU by gamegeek2. I tried yesterday to find the 2 little files that we have tu implent, but did not find anything...
    Does anyone know if this EDU has been made compatible with 2.4.2? And where to find it?

Thanks for your time and this great mod!
    Post mortem est nihil, ipsaque mors nihil ( Sen; Troy, 397)

All the download links for EDU by gamegeek2 for version 2.02 are dead, you would be lucky if someone would find the files and upload them. You can try to adapt the BC 2.3 submod RR/RC for Broken Crescent (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...scent-RELEASED) to version 2.4.2 but it would a hell of a work.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Actually since I have found my old version of BC that I used to play using gamegeeek2 EDU, wouldn't it mean that I still have the file? I tried playing it yesterday, and it's like I remember. So if anybody wants it, I can send the EDU.
    Post mortem est nihil, ipsaque mors nihil ( Sen; Troy, 397)

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Well I watched this document on Viasat history last night about Anglo-Scottisch wars in medieval times and it brought up sweet memories. My epic battles in this game like in NO TW GAME ever after. I never enjoyed any TW game like this one. I want to play it again and I found out this mod looks only like updated. I am sooo happy someone keeps a mod for this great game still updated. I am so grateful for that. I am going to download it and hopefully i will enjoy the TW game like before and never after...
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.4 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Hi, pardon me if this has been answered already, but is it possible to install this mod within program files where my Steam M2TW folder is if I don't plan to patch it or modify the files? Would that still cause issues with running the mod regardless of whether I make changes to the mod files?

I have a fair bit invested in my installation of m2tw and don't wish to move the installation outside of my program files for fear of disrupting the other mods installed.

I also have a 'Take Ownership' tool installed to my context menu if that would help avoid any issues that arise with the mod being within my program files. I'm on Windows 10 and have User Account Control set to 'off'.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

Super mod. Thanks Byzantineboy. But Mongols are still unbeaten.
    Super mod. Thanks Byzantinboy. But Mongols are still unbeaten.

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.4 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
    Hi, pardon me if this has been answered already, but is it possible to install this mod within program files where my Steam M2TW folder is if I don't plan to patch it or modify the files? Would that still cause issues with running the mod regardless of whether I make changes to the mod I have a fair bit invested in my installation of m2tw and don't wish to move the installation outside of my program files for fear of disrupting the other mods I also have a 'Take Ownership' tool installed to my context menu if that would help avoid any issues that arise with the mod being within my program files. I'm on Windows 10 and have User Account Control set to 'Any info is much appreciated.
    Sorry to quote you mate but I have a similar question about installation only without Steam in it? Also have win10 and I install it in program files (the appropriate place of course)??
    Surely, didn't have any crash or bugs yet, but (30 or so turns in single and 30 or so in hotseat) still, you never now !? Does this mod goes out or not (must)?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Hi Guys, I have a problem playing BC 2.4.2... CTD occur every time I press turn... Playing as KOJ, windows 10, 64-bit... it seems it crashes as soon as turn reaches Rebel fraction on rotating banner on top of the screen.... BTW?.... exactly the same problem with SS 6.4.... Anybody help?... tried to lower graphics next to nothing but it does not help.... I love this game sooo much... and would love to finish at least one campaign in BC... HELP!!!

Hey guys, just popped in to say that this is such a great mod and your work on it over so many years is really appreciated! I have very TW game and am a big fan with probably a 1000 hours played on TW games. I never really got into M2TW but with BC I am finally playing it and loving it! I am 20 hours in already and Genghiz has decided to crash the party!

Thanks again!!

Problems to install the mod

Could anyone help me? I've been trying to install BC 2.4.2 for about 3 hours right now. At first, it said kingdoms.exe file could not be found (even though I have MTW2 Kingdoms 1.5 installed, since I downloaded the whole game package through Steam), so I looked it up and tried editing the names of the mods, which failed. Next, I tried to copy medieval2.exe and rename this copy as kingdoms.exe, but this only caused the Vanilla version to launch. Next, I tried changing the .bat file, but the result was also the launch of Vanilla version. Last, I tried downloading a Kingdoms Launcher App, but this only got me more confused because when I tried to launch it, a message showed up saying I had neither MTW2 nor Kingdoms installed, which I found to be weird, since I have both (and can play both, I checked it about 500 times). I'd be very grateful if someone could help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki2773 View Post
    Problems to install the mod
    I downloaded the whole game package through Steam), [...] I tried to copy medieval2.exe and rename this copy as kingdoms.exe,
    That's exactly what I did.
    After renaming the copied *.exe are you sure you started "steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4\bc_launch.bat"?

Hey all, longtime lurker here, I've been checking out this mod for years and I finally got it to work on a Mac.
    Needless to say it's awesome, I've only had any success with the Ayyubids so far but I'd like to get the Abbasids going too.
    I wish there was something I could do to help, but besides historical research and some Osprey books I have little to contribute unfortunately.
    Like cranium1 above I just wanted to thank everyone for their work on this.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Just a question about the download links. It says "As a last resort try HERE" That link is to a google drive download. Considering this google drive download is a much quicker option then the other two why would this be a last resort instead of the MAIN download?

Also is the google drive download 2.4.2 or just 2.4?

Well guys... Thanks for not putting me in the credits, I played and I saw 3 units I made for the project and some unit cards.

REALLY THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Well guys... Thanks for not putting me in the credits, I played and I saw 3 units I made for the project and some unit cards.

REALLY THANKS!
    Hi Aura,
    In the name of the BC dev team, I apologize for forgeting your name in the list. Yours will be added immediatly.
    I ask you forgiveness and comprehension. I took in charge the dev of the mod after Wudang_clown.
    It was a total mess to found in the archive who made some of the current units and it became difficult to found the real modelers in the whole names of the forum.
    A lot of people said they would participate to create full turkish/azeri roster, but at the end have not delivered even a a single complete model.

I can even remember worse: i can give you an exemple, there was a modeler who have mostly copy-paste basic Rusichi-TW textures and model, and just delivered in a file an unexploitable mess for a part of the azeri roster. It took literally weeks of work to try all the possibility between the textures and the model, try to correct some of them, and to code it into the modeldb.
    A pity that the modder became unjoinable during years when we asked him help.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Bizantineboy, what are the plans of the BC team concerning the Buff and Shine submod? Are you goint to integrate it in the mod?

After having played it I think it's absolutely indispensable. It simply doesn't make any sense to play without. I thinkg BC3.0 = BC 2.4.2 + B&S 2.0
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 19, 2017 at 01:22 AM.

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    Great job,
    the textures of the Orthodox bishops are not included in the pack?

Introduction Broken Crescent team presents you a new version of Broken Crescent - 2.4! It includes several improvements, all listed below, which we hope you find refreshing. We also hope you will have a good time while playing 2.4 and waiting for subsequent releases. Enjoy!

Main features
    • Map extended to the North and the East
    • 7 new factions
    • More than 80 new units and new models
    • Improved Strategic map
    • Rewamped economy, religion and recruitment features
    • A lot of new events, traits and ancillaries
    • A lot of new UI and eyescandies

[FIELDSET2="Info pictures and loading screens"]New Info Pictures:

New Agents models

Armenia

Byzantium agents

Vladimir agents

Makurian agents

New Byzantine models
    Orthodox bishop & Oecumenical Patriarch

Church of the East: Nestorian bishop and nestorian patriarch

Jerusalem agents

Paramara agents

Preview videos (thanks to Geoffrey of Villehardouin)

Eldeguzids - faction preview

Zengids - faction preview

A quick videoclip with one of the new factions, the Zengids.

Installation
    Requirements:

1. [*]Medieval 2 Total War + Kingdoms + Patch 1.5 - all installed outside Program Files directory (for the sake of your peace and quiet)
    2. Download ~3.5 GB of free HD space for BC 2.4 zip file. You need 4 GB free space.
    3. Installation path of BC 2.4 should be "M2TW/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4" (no more, no less)! Zip file adds "/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4" to the path chosen by you, so watch out to not to set "/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4/broken_crescent_kingdoms2.4"!

2.4 installation will not affect any other mods and do not need BC 2.3 to work. 2.4.2 is a "stand alone" version.

Install steps:

1. Download the .Zip -> Here
    2. Unzip it into your M2TW/mods folder in order to have (MTW2/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4/data)
    3. Go into MTW2/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4 and launch the bc_launch.bat file

The credits

Broken Crescent 1 & 2 Team - establishing this excellent modification
    Broken Crescent 3 Team

Direct contributors to 2.4:

Byzantineboy (Project leader)
    Vatar (testing bug reporting)
    Geoffrey of Villehardouin
    Ryousan
    Sumskilz
    Alejandro Sanchez
    TMK

Credits:
    Units: (models and textures)
    - Shaoding Team
    - Mount&Blade12th Team
    - ChenyJR (main part of the roster)
    - Rev. (main part of the roster)
    - Yelü Dashi (Nomad aux; Tarim warlords)
    - Koultouras (Uyghur militia)
    - Sumskilz (Naimans)
    - v1499 (Uighur cavalry, heavy spearmen)
    - RusichiTW (for textures)
    - Aura (new turkoman units)
    - Byzantineboy (Naiman textures and shields)
    - Cedric37 and S.S team (UI interface engine)
    - KaraIslam (new turkish units)
    - Koultouras (new turkoman and arabs units)

Unit descriptions:
    - A_Su
    - DonnyBrasko

Special thanks to:
    - Shaoding Team (again)
    - Stainless Steel Team
    - Againster
    - IGdood
    - Faerrum Aeternum Team
    - Gigantus
    - Byzantineboy (project leader)

TMK - Unit Modelling, Skinning and Coding
    ALFAJI - Arabian Researcher
    Wudang_clown - Team Leader
    Sumskilz - Unit Modelling and Skinning
    Matmohir - Research
    _Capper_ - Faction Symbol
    Also Tureuki, Jermagon and all the others who supported this with comments and advice.

*If you helped anyhow but don't see yourself on the list - PM Byzantineboy.

Chanegelog of Broken Crescent 2.4

In progress

If you have any technical (CTD's, installation, bugs) problems with Broken Crescent 2.4 - report them here and only here, otherwise they will be ignored!

Download 2.4.2 standalone
    -> HERE<- (megaupload) or
    -> HERE
    <- (Mediafire) .

Please, could someone upload this file to another free uploader? It would help us a lot.

* As a last resort you can also try here

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

in Georgian campaign where is Kartlian Spearmen and Metsikhovne spearmen ? This is chaos . Units are in inappropriate places .

Georgian Aznauri Horse archer In Baku? lol

you think Georgian aznauri cavalry and aznauri horse acher is peasants?

this is bad version bc
    Last edited by Khevsur; August 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 01, 2017 at 04:38 AM.