Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Skynet AI

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Skynet AI

"The battle_config file will overwrite your own melee/missile hit rates, be sure to paste your own into there.Remember to assign all your factions the default AI label in your descr strat."

What is the default AI label?

Also, can the campaign and custom battles AI both be used at the same time?

Great work, Warcraft Total war has no AI scripts and could really use this.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

the default label is one of the labels contained in any AI system... it is assigned to a faction in descr_strat, together with other assignable labels the AI in question has..

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    the default label is one of the labels contained in any AI system... it is assigned to a faction in descr_strat, together with other assignable labels the AI in question has..
    That won't say much, as there are many AI personalities and i wanted to know which one is the default one out of all of those, But i think Balanced Smith works.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default AI label means a different thing when I was using it.

In that case I was referring to any XML label that is created in the descr_campaign_ai_db. For the personalities there is no real default, each personality does something different.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Default AI label means a different thing when I was using it.

In that case I was referring to any XML label that is created in the descr_campaign_ai_db. For the personalities there is no real default, each personality does something different.
    I see, then i Will change balanced Smith to something more aggressive thanks. ☺

- The Havamal

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for your great work and researches. One question - why did you disabled battle formation set in campaign_script part?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

I don't think that worked well and even if it did during deployment phase I believe the exe overrides it immediately
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the answer! At this moment I'm trying to implement some additional formations into my submod, I use manually integrated hardcore RBAI. For the first tests alternative formation is possible during placement phase. Other issues need to be tested. I can't find conditions for the allied army to mark.

My idea is to make formation sensible to general traits and probably faction-specific and even maybe player-army content-reliable (anti-cav, anti-skirmish, anti-infantry). It sounds ambitional maybe but I'm fully critical to my possibilities first of all, and .exe limitations at second.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Just remember that marching phase screws it all up. At least that is what I remember
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hello!

do you think your mod, or parts of it, could be forced into the script-heavy Third age MOS somehow?

The main problem I am trying to fix is the passive campaign AI.
    AI fails to use 90% of its armies (it doesnt even use them at all) and always seems to execute 2 or 3 attack orders, NEVER more, even though many other targets are literally yards away from its armies.

Cheers !

(looking forward to come back to EB to try your AI ;p )

Yes easily, (this was meant to be used with EB2 originally... one of the most script heavy out there).

Try using this attached AI file within the zip folder (windows should open it by default -- if not, use 7zip).

In the descr_strat file of your mod you will have to change every ai_personality to default.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The AI Workshop Creator

By ai_personality, you mean ai_label ? its the only thing I can find in the descr_strat of third age

they come like that:

;########################## DWARVES ############################ 9100
    ;#################################################################
    faction moors, craftsman smith
    ai_label dwarf

;########################## MORDOR ############################# 15600
    ;#################################################################
    faction england, fortified smith
    ai_label evil

Also, should your file go in the third age/data and replace the existing one , or in Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Fellowship_Campaign where the desc_strat was located?

Cheers, thanks for responding so fast btw

+rep"d you
    Last edited by lequintal69; November 20, 2018 at 06:51 AM.

Yep ai_label (dwarf, evil etc) is what you change to default

I was thinking of that and the personalities just above it. You can change those personalities (craftsman, smith) to be fortified, knud
    The AI Workshop Creator

z3n,

How do you think your BattleAI compares to Germanicus’ ReallyBadAI? Would it be worthwhile or possible to attempt to merge them? Also, does the Formation selection varying by faction in descr_formations_ai work in M2TW, I think it doesn’t?

Cheers,
    PB

From what I recall my main issue with the g5 bai and sole reason I tried to design my own was due to its tendency to cause end battle crashes.

I would suggest M2s battle AI is not heavily moddable in the first place in comparison to the CAI. However I do of course have a bias for my own work.

Formations, from what I recall theres a way to make them start in a formation. The problem lies in when they start marching. The marching part reverts them to a default vanilla formation making everything you did pointless. Formations are generally hard coded to begin with and any attempt otherwise is hackish even with the scripted command tbat exists.

You would have to check the docudemons for the specific script command but there is one to change formation. But like I said there are probably serious issues with it, even if it worked as you intended.

Do you intend to make a historical battle for this formation? There may be a better work around if that is the case. Or a more complex one of you prefer if it is a campaign battle.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Double post
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 04, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Its no problem to make them start in a particular formation, but yes the marching can mess it up, though isn’t the marching formation they use the one defined in the EDU?

I see you recommend fortified knud above, any particular reason? Did you ever get any indication of some of the effects of the other novel AI labels like roger, doge, richard etc? I was considering trying something like the following:

Sicily: fortified roger
    England: fortified henry
    France: fortified smith
    Moors: balanced mao
    Genoa: trader smith
    Crusader States: fortified richard
    Mongols: balanced subotai
    Portugal: fortified smith
    Aragon: balanced smith
    Turks: balanced arslan
    Byzantines: craftsman smith
    Egypt: fortified saladin
    Novgorod: fortified tsar
    Spain: fortified alfonso
    Venice: sailor doge
    HRE: craftsman heinrich
    Teutonic Knights: fortified heinrich
    Denmark, Norway: sailor knud
    Hungary: balanced vlad
    Wallachia and Moldavia: fortified vlad
    Poland: fortified wyvadslaw
    Papal States: religious smith, which should reduce its aggressive tendancies

Might be worth a try anyway. Regarding the recruitment aspect, I do have pretty strong AI recruit priorities, replacement rates and pool sizes in place to push it in the direction I want for each faction.
    Will definitely be trying your Skynet AI too.
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 04, 2018 at 03:16 PM.

The marching formation is some sort of hardcoded thing, you can tell by changing the config_battle_ai files formation in the xml, it immediately crashes the game.

There used to be a proper marching formation defined in the descr_formations_ai from RTW , but in M2TW they just hard coded it because they changed the AI.

As for personalities, I never really went too in depth. I simply tested knud as that looked to be what I aimed for (sea invasions and a preference toward economy/heavier infantry or cav)
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Its no problem to make them start in a particular formation, but yes the marching can mess it up, though isn’t the marching formation they use the one defined in the EDU?

I see you recommend fortified knud above, any particular reason? Did you ever get any indication of some of the effects of the other novel AI labels like roger, doge, richard etc? I was considering trying something like the following:

Sicily: fortified roger
    England: fortified henry
    France: fortified smith
    Moors: balanced mao
    Genoa: trader smith
    Crusader States: fortified richard
    Mongols: balanced subotai
    Portugal: fortified smith
    Aragon: balanced smith
    Turks: balanced arslan
    Byzantines: craftsman smith
    Egypt: fortified saladin
    Novgorod: fortified tsar
    Spain: fortified alfonso
    Venice: sailor doge
    HRE: craftsman heinrich
    Teutonic Knights: fortified heinrich
    Denmark, Norway: sailor knud
    Hungary: balanced vlad
    Poland: fortified wyvadslaw
    Papal States: religious smith, which should reduce its aggressive tendancies

Might be worth a try anyway. Regarding the recruitment aspect, I do have pretty strong AI recruit priorities, replacement rates and pool sizes in place to push it in the direction I want for each faction.
    Will definitely be trying your Skynet AI too.
    The AI Workshop Creator

My issue with G5 was the way it was obsessed with "matching" to the point the AI would often spend most of the battle with units swirling around in circles trying to pair off against your army.

Hi z3n,

Just wondering if you have any comments on this AI:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-AI-errr-3-0
    Especially his recommendations (as contained in the second spoiler) for AI factions, such as a set of hidden traits for their generals?

I haven’t cross-referenced these with the changes you have made and maybe Skynet inxludes some of them already, given the very impressive amount of research you put into it.