Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn over Tamriel - The Merethic Era RP-IH

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Dawn over Tamriel - The Merethic Era RP-IH

Spoiler for Provinces

Name: Dwemer Freehold/Dwemer Empire
    Race:

• Dwemer: The 'dwarves', technologically-minded Mer who live in elaborate underground cities and fortresses beneath the mainland's surface from Morrowind to Volenfell. They replace the Mage unit with 'Dwemer Animunculi' which are weaker but cheaper & faster to train and Dwemer Centurions, which are the exact opposite.

Ruling Family:
    Tugravlar Rhogarn - First Councilor of the Dwemer Freehold
    Tugravlar is the First Councilor of the Dwemer Freehold, a position held from election until death. The Freehold is a loose collection of Dwemer City States that congregate to form an empire, Tugravlar was seen to have the necessary experience and skills to manage this nation. He is an Administrative genius and usually stays in the capital, Szamgar, to manage it's infrastructure, industry and research.
    Administrative Genius: Doubles the income & halves the time to upgrade the economy of whichever province this character has been assigned to oversee. You may only assign one AG per province.

Ralzrak Mrofnyg - Councilor General of the Dwemer Freehold
    Ralzrak is the Councilor General of the Freehold, he is the commander in chief of the Dwemer armies. He is renowned as a skilled commander, and he is known for being especially skilled at commander Animuncli and Centurions, having been one of the great craftsmen who created and upgraded them.
    Master Crafter: +1 to combat rolls for all Dwemer Animunculi & Centurions under his/her command. Dwemer only.

Cfradrys Janard - Councilor of Science and Research of the Dwemer Freehold
    Cfradrys is the Councilor of Science and Research, and is appointed to govern all research projects of the Freehold. No research may be conducted without her approval, and she is obsessed with providing the Freehold with as much information as possible.
    Spiritually Attuned: +1 to rolls asking your divine patron to assist you (ex. granting a Daedric artifact, increasing economic prosperity, spawning Daedric/Celestial troops).

Religion:
    The Dwemer are often thought of as godless and blasphemous, however, they do have "gods" in a sense. The Dwemer are obsessed with the ideals of logic and reason, and despise the Et'Ada. Their gods are stone, steel, research and engineering.

History & culture:The Dwemer are Mer, although they are long since alienated from their kin. The Freehold is a loose collection of cities, governed by a Council, which is led by the First Councilor. They are a solitary folk, and they are quick to take insult - a reason for the many wars that dot the history of the Dwemer. They designed the autonomous soldiers known as Aminculi and Centurions, and they provide the prime fighting strength of the nation.

The Dwemer city of Szamgar was burrowed from the land itself, and has three Great Lifts that are used to access it. Szamgar is usually closed to outsiders, but an incomer can gain entrance if they present themselves correctly. Little is known about the Dwemer as they prefer to keep their own company, but they are rumoured to be both cruel and ruthless in equal measure.

The Dwemer don't technically have gods, so I thought I'd make a researcher with the divine patron trait, and I thought I could use the Divine Patron trait for things like research rolls, instead.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; December 24, 2015 at 03:46 PM.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    The Dwemer don't technically have gods, so I thought I'd make a researcher with the divine patron trait, and I thought I could use the Divine Patron trait for things like research rolls, instead.
    I suppose that would be theoretically possible, though TBH I had no plans for research rolls so I have no clue what you might want to research & what the effects of said research would be Anyway, overall your faction looks okay save for one thing - location. The Dwemer are one of the races that canonically aren't even in Western Tamriel yet, like the Yokudans and possibly Nords; now that in & of itself isn't a problem b/c as I've said we can play fast & loose with lore here, and for the record I approve of the two Nord factions posted just above this one, but if you're going to be playing some 'early bird' migrants who went West well ahead of the rest of their race then they shouldn't be present too far from their homeland yet (hence why I approve of the Nords living on the border with Skyrim, and if anybody wanted to play Yokudan I'd advise them to set up shop on the west coast of Hammerfell or at most the Gilane area instead of the central Alik'r Desert). Instead of Daggerfall, perhaps your Dwemer could be set up further east in the Dragontail Mountains or the Craglorn region, on High Rock/Hammerfell's eastern border near where Dan/BF/Iron Aquilifier's factions are set up?

I'm not that good with Elder Scroll's lore, could you colour those regions in for me? I chose that zone because my initial thoughts for the Dwemer were:
    Very little but well managed and rich territory, that square kind of just fit the bill.

I don't know what I could research, but if you have like Daedric artifacts etc, I don't see why Dwemer couldn't do magical research or crossbow research to make their weapons or Animunculi more potent or something like that.

Here's a map of everyone's factions so far.
    Last edited by Xion; December 24, 2015 at 07:34 PM.

Check out the provinces east of the red line here, the closer to the border with Skyrim or Cyrodiil the better. I've imposed limitations on everyone's selection of initial provinces for the sake of economic balance (so that someone with five red provinces will still make as much as someone picking one dark green province at the start of the game) which, combined with your faction's apparently confederate political model where multiple free Dwemer cities are loosely bound together, should make a multi-province setup in the eastern mountains work well. (plus the Dwemer would be very recent migrants to the West in this start, so there's a solid in-game explanation for the relatively undeveloped status of the eastern provinces they can call home - they just got there & have only barely begun to build their settlements, Rome wasn't built in a day & all that)

How does a simple system where you can attempt to research stuff to improve the potency of your weapons, translating to +1 buffs to your chosen unit's combat rolls in the event that you succeed, sound then? Of course, you'd only be able to research improvements for one unit type every time and it'd cost you, say 1 or 2 points per attempt.
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; December 24, 2015 at 05:08 PM.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Just for reference, in order to get the administrative bonus a character has to be in his/her region for the whole turn, correct?

Edit:
    New map for me too.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 24, 2015 at 06:46 PM.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

That move makes me uncomfortable

Updated map.

Also, my faction sign-up.

Note - wip, may change some things.
    Name : Kingdom of Shornhelm
    Race : High Rock Nedic
    Provinces : See above map, dark purple.
    Ruling Family : House of Beolfag

Queen Selene Beolfag - Age 28 - Administrative Genius - The sole child of King Uthane III, Selene was raised to inherit Shornhelm, serving as her father's chancellor from the age of twenty. She became queen in ME 8 following her father's death in battle against a vampire coven and a tribe they had enthralled to march on Shornhelm.

Ciel Beolfag, Grand Inquisitor of the Seekers, Grandmaster of the Dawnguard - Age 44 - Master Rider
    Roland Beolfag, Marshal of Shornhelm - Age 30 - Master Mage
    Religion : Worship of Arkay, Stendarr, Meridia, Sheor, and the Celestials. Molag Bal is demonized, the other Daedra to lesser degrees. wip
    History and Culture :
    Short history
    -Ormax Beolfag and his tribe discover the Crypt of Hearts and establish Shornhelm nearby over several decades. After the transformation of a cousin of the royal family, Lamae by Molag Bal into the first vampire, the Order of the Dawn or Dawnguard(banner) would be founded by King Uthene I. The Order of the Seekers would be founded in the reign of Uthene's son to police the lands of Shornhelm for vampires, heretical cults, and other threats to the royal family. During the reign of Octieve I, the Kingdom of Shornhelm would expand to it's present state through the numerous wars of Octieve. Since then, the Beolfag monarchs have kept to themselves, although the occasional Dawnguard, Seeker, or Vigilant(another Order of Shornhelm) patrol making their way through the bordering lands after the occasional vampire and thralls or daedric cult have attacked outlying settlements within the lands sworn to Shornhelm.

Culture : wip.

Last edited by Xion; December 24, 2015 at 11:12 PM.

@Perry Yep, s/he does.

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Barry, how do you feel about allowing us to make secondary factions (as we have in previous games) to fill up the map and add some diversity? Despite the fact that half the game takes place in Hammerfell, there are no Yokudan factions yet (that I know of).
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    Barry, how do you feel about allowing us to make secondary factions (as we have in previous games) to fill up the map and add some diversity? Despite the fact that half the game takes place in Hammerfell, there are no Yokudan factions yet (that I know of).
    If you've got the time to play multiple factions, then yeah absolutely To avoid conflicts of interest - let's say you can't have your secondary faction in the same Province as your main, does that sound fair? (ex. if your main faction is in High Rock then your secondary must be in Hammerfell, and vice-versa)

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I could make a secondary faction in Hammerfell or eastern Skyrim.

Tried looking up the Reachman, but they don't exist till the First Era.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Where do people think we need more factions?

Probably the giant Alik'r Desert and in the Evermore valley of High Rock.

Edit: I knew I should've made an Iliac Bay faction. Oh well, what's done is done.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; December 25, 2015 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Edit: I knew I should've made an Iliac Bay faction. Oh well, what's done is done.
    Why?

I just mean I knew I should've stayed closer to where everyone else is; stay a little less spread out.

Relocating the Orcs again, this time back to Highrock, this'll be the last time. It's mainly so they're closer to the action. I'm also probably gonna write up a tribe/collation of primitive nomadic desert dwelling Nedes for the gold region.

Are you just begging Dwemer Animunculi for a fight?

@Barry That sounds like a good idea, that kind of research tree would work fine, run it like this?
    Tier 1 - 1 point - +1
    Tier 2 - 2 points - +2
    Tier 3 - 3 points - +3
    Tier 4 - 4 points - +4
    Tier 5 - 5 points - +5
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; December 25, 2015 at 05:47 AM.

So we just lost the last 2 weeks of data anyway.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post14810890

Augh, my God. It wouldn't have been too terrible had it just been the last week or so, since we didn't have that much to lose due to the recent dearth in activity, but TWC's database ing itself this badly has nuked almost all the progress we've made (including the later faction threads) I do remember that as of the turn immediately before the crash Chesser lost his first battle VS Perry but both of their generals died, Skylord won one battle and lost another, Xion took over a second province, and Kip's force was still rolling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast