Hello,

I am seeking some help on modding buildings, as this is a less touched topic than unit modding.

My aim was to bring back a building chain that was deactivated/replaced in patch15. More specifically the grove temple chain for rome factions. I tried it 2 ways:

1. Changed the chain of the old temples in building_levels to the one the new temples use.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	levels.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	333620
Also added the appropriate building level upgrade to building_upgrade_junction (new 1st level temple can be upgraded to the old 2nd level temple). When loading this the game failed to start up.

Name:	upgrades.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	333622
I then went and changed the unique_index in building_levels to make them unique in the table. Additionally I ticket the is_new box in the same table. Again, crashed.

Name:	index.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	333621

First attempt: temple1.rar

2. Tried the building tutorial and attempted to create the buildings from scratch cloning everything from the existing new temples, even adding the building affects to the new building chain. This also crashes the game.

Second attempt: temple2.rar

Any assistance would be welcome at this point. If it helps I also uploaded both mod attempts too (done with pfm 3.5.2)

Thanks in advance everyone!