Thread: Seeking Head to Head MP Campaign Opponent

Biarchus

Default Seeking Head to Head MP Campaign Opponent

Hi all,

I am seeking a head to head mp campaign opponent, who is available on Sunday's.

I would prefer this opponent be interested in playing battles a little more historically accurate. By this I just mean not " running" your entire army all over the battlefield at all times like its TW ARENA.

I would not mind trying a campaign in any or all of the following games, all modded of course( I have all DLC's for all listed games).

1. Napoleon Total War - mod- NTW3
    2. Shogun 2 - mod - Radious but am open to other mod suggestions
    3. Rome 2 - mod - DEI and R2 Realism but am open to other mod suggestions
    4. Attila - mod - Fall of The Eagles but am open to other mod suggestions

I'm not interested in flying through the campaigns and battles. I don't mind taking my time and am hopeful said opponent would feel the same way. My main intentions of posting is to find an opponent who is slow and calculating rather than finding someone who likes the 3 min battles of Rome 2 vanilla and running around the battlefield like a chicken without a head.

I'm available to play on pretty much Sunday only. Preferably morning( Central Standard Time - US), but should be available all day most of the time.

Here are a few basic "realistic type" ground rules that I would like to play battles with
    1.No running of infantry at anytime unless charging at proper charge range
    2.Only infantry,skirmishers/archers and light cav in trees, no heavy cav in trees
    3.Cav only run at periodic times, NOT all the time all over the battlefield
    4.No artillery in trees, arty cannot move thru trees either or shoot into trees except when enemy is coming out of trees
    5.Units cannot move thru other units, there must be clear lanes open
    6.Skirmishers/archers and light cav can run, but not at ALL times
    7.only skirmishers/archers can pass thru infantry lines, no other units can pass thru units
    8.No direct fire targeting of Generals
    9.Horse arty can run, but only when redeploying to a different battlefield position if the player wishes
    10.No direct fire targeting of artillery when it is limbered up
    11. No 1 unit suicide attack charge at arty, must be a concerted attack by multiple units to destroy artillery
    12. No 1 unit by themselves going along edge of map to rear of enemy lines, u can use 1 or more units to scout though, but 1 unit would never be alone by themselves behind enemy lines without supporting units

I understand these rules might seem very restrictive to the average TW player. That's because I have no desire to play TW like its a video game , nor do I desire to use the normal "gamey" type of tactics that will win you a TW contest. I am obviously looking only for a very specific type of player. I've been guilty many times of playing opposite of these very rules that I am proposing here. That's why I am suggesting them. I want to try and have a different kind of TW battle. I simply want to try and have a more realistic battlefield experience which I believe is way more immersive than your normal TW MP game.

My Steam name is same as here, Ztrain909

If anyone is interested feel free to connect on Steam or you can respond here or leave me a pm.

Thank you
    Last edited by ztrain909; December 20, 2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Updated Rules