Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Default Re: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Lol i have tried to install third age total war for mac on steam. I used wine and i converted the 3.2 patch into a folder. It was called Third_Age_3 i followed all of your guys steps and none of them worked for me.

Can you guys plz send me a file of the third age total war mod without the bugged settlements for mac?

Quote Originally Posted by vultrahd View Post
    Can you guys plz send me a file of the third age total war mod without the bugged settlements for mac?
    I belive that BingBangBong has linked such a file earlier on this thread. I think it is only the "Settlements" file though. Just delte your file and paste that in instead. but first i would make sure the mod runs fine, all the instructions are on this and other threads, so just make sure you have followed the steps and it should be good

The file isn't there, it must have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by icefire817 View Post
    The file isn't there, it must have been deleted.
    Then follow these steps:
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurnz View Post
    Here's my 'fix' for the broken settlements (you can't play on them, but you do get default maps, which is better than autoresolve). Go to where the custom maps are kept (for me it's ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Medieval II Total War/Medieval2Data/mods/Third_Age_3/data/settlements/Unique_Settlements, I don't know what it's like for non Steam users) and, making sure you have backups first, delete the contents of the folders for the broken settlements. At first I tried replacing them with an appropriate settlement, but then I worked out that it doesn't make any difference, so you might as well just delete everything in the folders.

The broken cities are the Black Gates, Cair Andros, Edoras, Hornburg, Isengard, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith and East and West Osgiliath. I presume repaired Osgiliath doesn't work either. Moria is also broken apparently, but I've left it for the Fellowship Campaign. If you're planning to fight there, you should empty it as well though.

Once I work out how custom settlements actually work, I should be able to make a less terrible fix (it may well be possible to use the correct cultures or something).
    Make sure to not move the files to the Trashbin, but move them to the desktop, for some strange reason it doesnt work if you just delete them,

Do you need 3.0 part 1 and part 2 for 3.2?

For some reason my folder doesnt have osgilath minas morgul and osgilath :/

and black gates

when i delete those stuff i instantly crash

the version of the game on steam is 1.1.

i know the problem the version of the game i have is 1.1! But how to update! I tried checking for update but it just did nothing! I cant seem to update my game to patch 1.4! I got the game like 2 days ago on steam!

NVM Forget about all of these rubbish comments i made. BUt do you need 3.0 part 1 and 3.0 part 2 to install? i have followed all of your guys steps but i just instantly crash when loading up the mod

Could one of you guys plz send me a file of your third age mod file for mac that is zipped {:. Plz i have tried all ways and i cant get mine to work }:.

Ok so sum it up i have found out that the wine software i use called winebottler and wineskin delete some of the files while converting the exe to mac. This is why i keep on crashing when i try to launch the mod. I would really appreciate if someone could send me a link to a zipped file of a copied version of the third age 3 mod folder so i could download it. I have been trying to get this work for ages and i think the only solution is for someone to upload their third age 3 folder to me {:. Thank you for helping me
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 21, 2016 at 06:18 AM. Reason: merging multiple posts

Ok so sum it up i have found out that the wine software i use called winebottler and wineskin delete some of the files while converting the exe to mac. This is why i keep on crashing when i try to launch the mod. I would really appreciate if someone could send me a link to a zipped file of a copied version of the third age 3 mod folder so i could download it. I have been trying to get this work for ages and i think the only solution is for someone to upload their third age 3 folder to me {:. Thank you for helping me
    It is such a large file that i doubt anybody can do that. If you have tried several times using Wine, then i suggest you download and use a program called Crossover (https://www.codeweavers.com/products) it is a highly optimized version of Wine, and all you have to do is download it (it is a free trial) and open the Third Age.exe with it. After that you only press "next" and it does all the work for you. It is far easier and better than wine.

I suggest making a folder on your desktop and installing Third Age into that.

I did what you said but i crash instantly! I see third age menu screen then i crash }:. Does patch 3.2 require 3.0 part 1 and 3.0 part 2?

And one question if i only install 3.0 part 1 and 3.0 part 2 will i be able to play with only those files?

I HAVE trieD EVERY GODDAMN WAY PROGRAM INSTALLATION GUIDE TO INSTALL THIS AND THIS IS NOT WORKING! IDK WHY i tried install part 2 of 3.0 and WHEN I TRY TO CONVERT IT THROUGH CROSSOVER IT SAYS INVALID DATA! OK SO WHEN I launch medieval 2 total war and it says version 1.01. Is this the correct version i should have for it to be compatible with the mod because normal MTW2 servers are incompatible for me and it says it requires patch 1.04?
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 21, 2016 at 06:18 AM. Reason: merging multiple posts

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

if you have the steam version of MTW2 try this https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j...19745492,d.bGs
    if it says invalid data it is a corrupt download try downloading and in staling without doing anything upon your PC
    you need 3.0 part 1 and 3.0 part 2 and 3.2 and this patch is advisable http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14533296
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

is 3.0 part 1 and 3.0 part 2 required to install 3.2 patch? As on the mod site it says you dont need any other installation of the mod to play 3.2 patch

When i install 3.0 part 2 and when i convert it it says invalid

I have successfully been able to play this game with version 3.0 part 1 ad 3.0 part 2? If i was to install patch 3.2 would i insert the 3.2 patch files into the third age folder that contains the 3.0 part 1 and part 2 files?

Cuz when i did insert all of the files inside the date folder in the file 3.2 patch i launched the game fine clicked on custom battle and i clicked on some stuff and on historical battle there was a list of lotr battles which had no picture and no desc. And with the custom settlements there was also some maps which had no desc and no image! When i try to launch it it crashs instantly!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 21, 2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: merging multiple posts

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ok thx i have succesfully made the mod work! But the graphics are really bad! I maxed out every setting and the units look terrible! {NO offence} My computer has a gtx 970 [external graphics card] and im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my computer! And when i watch pixelated appolo {Hes a very famous third age total war youtuber} play his graphics are so good! How is this? And could you tell me the steps of getting the Graphics improver?

Ok thx i have succesfully made the mod work! But the graphics are really bad! I maxed out every setting and the units look terrible! {NO offence} My computer has a gtx 970 [external graphics card] and im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my computer! And when i watch pixelated appolo {Hes a very famous third age total war youtuber} play his graphics are so good! How is this? And could you tell me the steps of getting the Graphics improver?
    Unfortunately, it has everything to do with your computer, since TATW mod is made for Windows based Medieval II TW game engine, and this Mac Medieval II TW engine which just got released, is not compatible with TATW files, which are Windows based files.

Not to mention that Mac components are usually not backwards compatible as Windows components are, and TATW files are made using programs which are compatible with older Windows based components/programs/ Operating systems.

Your misfortune is that there is no modder/programmer (yet) who could make this mod`s files Mac compatible. It would mean making everything from scratch, every texture/settlement etc.

Also, I would urge you to stop making multiple posts on these forums, cause it is against the rules.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ok thx i have succesfully made the mod work!
    You said you got the mod to work, but it still crashes on the custom Settlements like Helms Deep (Hornburg) right?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Also, I would urge you to stop making multiple posts on these forums, cause it is against the rules.

wat. Multiple consecutive posts i assume?
    Last edited by Itza; April 21, 2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itza View Post
    Then follow these steps:

Make sure to not move the files to the Trashbin, but move them to the desktop, for some strange reason it doesnt work if you just delete them,
    Ok thanks so much!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

wat. Multiple consecutive posts i assume?
    That, as well as identical/equal posts/threads in muliple places across the board, during a close but indeterminate period of time.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Sorry for the multiple posts but yes some custom settlements dont work such as minis tirith, edors, moria and some more. But the campaign works fine and the rest of the mod works fine. {Note i only have 3.0 part 1 and 3.0 part 2 installed] I will in the future download path 3.2

Have we still not got this sorted? :-(
    So sad... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Robdavid1111 View Post
    Have we still not got this sorted? :-(
    So sad... :-(
    We will probably never sort this out, Feral Interactive have to fix their game. They have stated that they tested out TA to make sure it worked before they released MTW2 for Mac, but they obviously did not do a very good job of it.
    Last edited by Itza; May 02, 2016 at 03:05 AM.

We will probably never sort this out, Feral Interactive have to fix their game. They have stated that they tested out TA to make sure it worked before they released MTW2 for Mac, but they obviously did not do a very good job of it.

Hi Guys

Completely new to this forum, i must say its amazing, cant believe i missed this.

Been playing Total war since first rome came out, but im very ashamed to say i never played with a mod.

So with that in mind, may i ask if one of the senior members can help me set up this mod?

I just bought the game on app store.

If someone could share their screen with me i would transfer 15 usd on paypal, for around 20 mins work,(or a quick skype call) would be great

Tried doing this before with Battle of middle earth 2, (applying mods) but im simply not technical enough!

Cheers for a great forum guys!