Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Default Re: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbangbong View Post
    You will want to merge the contents of the DAC folder into the Third_age_3 folder inside your wrapper (and replace any text files with the same name (you should get prompted to do this)). Worth having a copy of vanilla third age before merging, just incase anything goes wrong or you want to play vanilla again after.

A guy on page 4 of this thread said he got DAC running without any problems so could be worth sending him a message to see how he did it if that doesn't work.

Just to clarify - you're talking about merging the 'data' folder from the DaC download into the data folder of the Third_Age_3 folder?

Quote Originally Posted by macmodda View Post
    Just to clarify - you're talking about merging the 'data' folder from the DaC download into the data folder of the Third_Age_3 folder?
    Yup. That sounds about right. If there's any other files in the DAC folder outside of the data subfolder, you'll also want to copy them across too though.

@ Itza and the rest of TWC users, No censor bypassing. Thank you.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by cmurnz View Post
    Here's my 'fix' for the broken settlements (you can't play on them, but you do get default maps, which is better than autoresolve). Go to where the custom maps are kept (for me it's ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Medieval II Total War/Medieval2Data/mods/Third_Age_3/data/settlements/Unique_Settlements, I don't know what it's like for non Steam users) and, making sure you have backups first, delete the contents of the folders for the broken settlements. At first I tried replacing them with an appropriate settlement, but then I worked out that it doesn't make any difference, so you might as well just delete everything in the folders.

The broken cities are the Black Gates, Cair Andros, Edoras, Hornburg, Isengard, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith and East and West Osgiliath. I presume repaired Osgiliath doesn't work either. Moria is also broken apparently, but I've left it for the Fellowship Campaign. If you're planning to fight there, you should empty it as well though.

Once I work out how custom settlements actually work, I should be able to make a less terrible fix (it may well be possible to use the correct cultures or something).

How did you do it? I deleted the two Hornburg files (settlements/unique settlements/), but still it crashed when i tried to battle on it. Is there some magic trick to it?

Edit by EK:

Re-read the rules regarding censor bypassing on this site. That wub emoticon can be used instead of a censored word, that way you won't break the rules, unless of course you try to insult other users with it. Comments on moderation warnings are off topic as well.

If you feel I've done wrong to you, contact one of the Blue or Red Moderators/ Administrators.

Cheers, ElvenKind
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 11, 2016 at 01:50 PM.

I'm uploading my working version for someone else, so when that's done you could possibly try downloading that and seeing if it works for you?

Can also upload the folders I removed so you can see if they're the same ones you took out?

PS Did you quit the mod and reload it after making the change? Only other thing I can really think of that might have stopped it working.

Ok here's links to my uploads for when they're finished.

Broken Custom Settlements Folders:
    http://mab.to/wPi1eHzTZ

Third Age with broken settlements removed:
    http://mab.to/tbXcS2Ayd

Oh thank you very much! Yes i quit the mod and restarted it. It is worth noting that when it crashed it said "error 361" (or something cant remember the numbers), while before it would just crash without any pop ups. So there has been a development, and the crash is different.

error 361 is the crash I was getting when I tried to remove the gate/wall custom settlement folders instead of the settlement ones.

Did you possibly make any changes like that earlier while you were looking for fixes and not change it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbangbong View Post
    error 361 is the crash I was getting when I tried to remove the gate/wall custom settlement folders instead of the settlement ones.

Did you possibly make any changes like that earlier while you were looking for fixes and not change it back?
    I just tried with a fresh install of TA, (made a copy earlier), deleted the Osgiliath East files (Osgiliath_AmbientOsgiliath_East, Osgiliath_East_Repaired), same crash with error code 361. Frustrating

Damn.

My upload for the custom settlement folders I removed is finished now, so I guess it's worth double checking to make sure you took out the same ones as me, although it sounds like you did.

Maybe if instead of deleting this time you just drag them over to a folder on your desktop and see if that makes a difference. Not sure why it would, but that's the only thing I can think of that you might have done differently to me apart from that I took out all the folders for settlements I thought were potentially broken, rather than just a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Itza View Post
    How did you do it? I deleted the two Hornburg files (settlements/unique settlements/), but still it crashed when i tried to battle on it. Is there some magic trick to it?
    No idea, but I'll explain what I did anyway. First, it still doesn't fix custom battles, only the campaign (unless you select a culture other than 'custom' on the custom battle menu).

Anyway, what I did for Hornburg was delete everything in settlements/Unique_Settlements/Hornburg (that's seven files beginning with 'hornburg_a.' and a folder called 'maps'), but not in Unique_Settlements/Hornburg_Ambient. I also left the empty folder there.

Alright, I've double-checked and deleting the contents of Hornburg_Ambient makes no difference. What exactly did you delete?

I was chatting to him in private message and we solved the problem.

Deleting the unique settlement sub-folders was causing him an error 361 when he loaded the battle maps, but when he moved them to a separate folder on his desktop it started working.

I am hoping Feral Interactive will get on this and make a fix, after all, they said that they had tested several high profile mods, so it is important for them that they work.

okay so, for about 1 month i have been trying to get third age total war on my mac. i am using wine and steam. But when i use the exe files all i get are these files: data, icons,preferences, TATW_3_0_unit_stats.xls, TATW.cfg and TATW.bat, Note: i do have file in the data folder and preferences. I think i am missing some files please help i would really like to play this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordoftheringer View Post
    okay so, for about 1 month i have been trying to get third age total war on my mac. i am using wine and steam. But when i use the exe files all i get are these files: data, icons,preferences, TATW_3_0_unit_stats.xls, TATW.cfg and TATW.bat, Note: i do have file in the data folder and preferences. I think i am missing some files please help i would really like to play this game!

No, all of that seems right. Now when you start Medieval TW2, in the launcher, you have to click the "Advanced" tab, and tick of "Advanced options", there in the text field on the right, write "--features.mod=mods/Third_Age_3" (or the name of whatever other mod folder you want to play) You should read page 4,5 and 6 of this thread, because custom settlements like Minas Tirith and Helms deep do not work on mac, so you have to replace them with normal MTW2 settlements.

Feral Interactive has said they are working on fixing the custom settlement bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordoftheringer View Post
    Like Itza said, it sounds like you have all the right stuff. If you want to be extra certain, you can download my zipped files here: http://mab.to/tbXcS2Ayd (I've removed the broken custom settlements and fixed the axe thrower crash).

To get the mod working just follow these steps:

1. Go to steam

2. Right click (ctrl + click) medieval 2 and go to properties

3. In properties, go to the local files tab and click browse local files

4. Enter the 'Medieval2Data' folder

5. Place your 'third_age_3' folder into the 'mods' folder

6. Launch Medieval 2 and go to the 'advanced' tab

7. Tick 'advanced options' and type '--features.mod=mods/third_age_3'

8. Click play
    Last edited by Bingbangbong; April 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM.

I wish this zip file could be on modd.dmb but if I could I suppose we would've already... Anyway, thanks so much everyone trying to work on this!

We can make quick "fixes", but in the end it is up to Feral Interactive to step up and fix this bug.
    Last edited by Itza; April 14, 2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kini View Post
    Hello!
    It its definitely possible to run TATW 3.2 on Mac. I managed to install it myself with the help of the installation guides found here and by using wine. I am quite busy right now, but if wished and if I find the time, I can put together some links to the instruction which helped me and also a guide on how to use wine.

Currently I am trying to get submods to work: DaC and MOS didn't work for me, either the graphics were messed up on the campaign map (DaC) or the game crashed after I end the first turn of a game (MOS). But FRoGS works perfectly fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlJohn145 View Post
    May of found solution! https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbla...257ad_working/ (i play mount and blade on mac and this works!! so it might work for TATW with M2TW. im going to try it next weekend and ill let you guys know or try it yourself.
    Have you guys actually got Third Age to work without the custom settlements crashing? If you have i know we would be very happy if you could tell us how!
    (i do actually know how to fix the graphics issue for DaC, its pretty easy)
    Last edited by Itza; April 13, 2016 at 05:52 AM.