Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Default Re: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

I'm on it. So far I've been able to fix Minas Tirith and Helms Deep but I had no success with Osgiliath or Cirith Ungol. I've no idea what to do. Are you in touch with the guy who made the 4.9 patch? Maybe he could give us some directions.

No, I haven't even talked to him, but its this guy: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...leo-civil-uefs

I don't know how much of a help he can be, he quit modding some time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Jankmaster98 View Post
    With the new release of Mediveal 2 Total War for the Mac App store would it be out of the question for modders around here to try and bring this awesome mod to mac users... This was the mod that really got me into the total war games in general and I would really love to see it on my mac... I know that the M2 release on Mac literal just happened, but I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in adapting the mod for mac, and whether or not putting it (base game) on mac store gives the modders limitations that would prevent the mod from working... In any case part of it would have to be done by the main team me thinks because the mod at present use exe for installation and macs don't really run that program... This might be a premature question, but it's still one I'd like to hear if people are interested in.. I haven't been around a long time and maybe everyone has moved on from this project, but I still would love to be able to play this mod again!

LINK on how to install it properly:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15030219

Ye like with the wine third age we cant play on custom settlements and siege battles

hi evry1, wanted to know if any1 else was having a problem with sieging cities not custom 1s just regular large cities. I sieged and attacked an orc city and the game CTD. If there's any1that can help thanks. (I'm on a mac)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo11 View Post
    hi evry1, wanted to know if any1 else was having a problem with sieging cities not custom 1s just regular large cities. I sieged and attacked an orc city and the game CTD. If there's any1that can help thanks. (I'm on a mac)
    Hi there, and welcome to TWC Forums

It is advisable to write the whole words (everyone, and not "every1" ) and not the twitter style words. Otherwise, it goes against " Hard to read post" in TWC Rules.

After all, you are allowed 10000 characters per post.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

How to fix the black screen scenarios(those that have videos) for mac?

Hi all,

I am currently playing TATW dac on my mac though when I start a campaign none of the script options appear ? For example corsair invasions or immortal nasgul ,etc.
    Do these not work on mac??

Cheers

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by danel009 View Post
    Hi all,

I am currently playing TATW dac on my mac though when I start a campaign none of the script options appear ? For example corsair invasions or immortal nasgul ,etc.
    Do these not work on mac??

Cheers
    I know that MOS has these options but DAC didnt AFAIK
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi !

I downloaded the files provided on the previous page by vconesa
    First I would like to thank you, as it was very helpful. I can now play some custom settlements such as West Osgiliath or Honburg in custom battles and in campaign.
    I also have 2 questions as I encounter some issues
    Is it normal that some maps are still crashing ? (like Osgiliath crossing for example) And that Minas Thirith is actually an Eastern settlement in custom battle ?

If it's not, do you have any idea of a possible fix ?

I hope I'm not boring you
    Thanks again for the help you already provided !

Aerys
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; March 11, 2018 at 06:45 AM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hi !

I downloaded the files provided on the previous page by vconesa
    First I would like to thank you, as it was very helpful. I can now play some custom settlements such as West Osgiliath or Honburg in custom battles and in campaign.
    I also have 2 questions as I encounter some issues
    Is it normal that some maps are still crashing ? (like Osgiliath crossing for example) And that Minas Thirith is actually a Maya settlement ?

If it's not, do you have any idea of a possible fix ?

I hope I'm not boring you
    Thanks again for the help you already provided !

Aerys
    hello aerys
    please try this guide made by socrates1984
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...buntu)-and-Mac

I hope it helps

good luck
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hello atthias

I already tried unsuccessfully this method in November. I just tried it once again but the problem is I can't unpack the vanilla files (I followed the instructions but I get the "File not found" message when launching the .bat file, wherever I put it. Without unpacking, I can't pass the 3rd step of this tutorial

Also I don't understand why I get an Eastern settlement instead of Minas Tirith. I mean, it should either crash on loading screen or display the true Minas Tirith custom settlement. I'm confused ahah

Thanks for the reply and for help

EDIT : it seems all custom settlements are working on campaign with the files provided at the previous page. Some of them don't work in custom battle though
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; March 11, 2018 at 06:44 AM.

Ok for everyone having the same issue like me : some settlements showing as vanilla Med2 settlements

Look at this video at 1:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td_8YCY3cFU
    You need to do EXACTLY the same as this guy (select first "fort" then the settlement type)

It works very well
    Now I can finally recreate the battle of Minas Tirith on my Mac !! (you fist have to download the files provided by vconesa on the previous page and put them in your Mods>Third_Age_3>Data>Settlements folder and replace the old folders)

Please give Rep to vconesa, the files he gave us are the best solution for now on Mac !

(Sorry for my bad English, we French are terrible in foreign langages lol)

First of all, thanks to everyone who made playing Third Age Total War on mac possible, and even easy! You da real mvp.

However, I recently installed the Divide and Conquer submod only to realize vconesa's files didn't solve the custom settlements issue for Dac. It's quite understandable for settlements such as Cirith Ungol or Gundabad, since they're not in vanilla TATW 3.2, but even settlements that used to work with vconesa's method crash when using DaC.
    I have only tested these in campaign so far.

My question is, has anyone managed to make custom settlements work for Divide and Conquer on Mac, and if yes how?

Thanks in advance.

I guess it's because cultures associated with settlements in TATW 3.2 are not the same in DAC (overall there are more cultures in DAC than in TATW 3.2)
    Maybe you can get them to work by changing their culture but I have no idea how to do it nor what culture you'll need to associate with theses settlements

I hope you can find a solution, DAC is really nice and a Mac version would be amazing

Hi every time I open up the game from my Mac app it starts and then crashes the second it starts could anybody help me fix this and tell me how?

So if I understand, TATW now works with these files, but DAC does not?
    Could I still play DAC if I just autoresolve sieges?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnosaur View Post
    Hi every time I open up the game from my Mac app it starts and then crashes the second it starts could anybody help me fix this and tell me how?
    hello i'm experiencing the same issue here. did you manage to solve it ? what mac do u have ?
    TATW is working perfectly fine but cant make dac working at all
    crashing right after the initial splashscreen.

thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Well, look at that, it works with Wine.. Be sure to also copy+paste models_missile folder into your M2TW/ data folder. It is needed for Axe throwing units such as Dwarves. Otherwise, you'll have to make changes in a file located in your Third_Age_3/ data folder.
    I did all the way up to Step 5, but when I go into the game it's still vanilla and not third age. Any suggestions? I even named the folder same as yours, so it's identical to your steps

I've been playing TATW with the gates fixes and absolutely love it!

Has anyone been able to get DaC to work yet? I've attempted the installation but it crashes on startup for me. I'd really appreciate some tips if anyone has had any luck.

Cheers