Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

Default Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

With the new release of Mediveal 2 Total War for the Mac App store would it be out of the question for modders around here to try and bring this awesome mod to mac users... This was the mod that really got me into the total war games in general and I would really love to see it on my mac... I know that the M2 release on Mac literal just happened, but I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in adapting the mod for mac, and whether or not putting it (base game) on mac store gives the modders limitations that would prevent the mod from working... In any case part of it would have to be done by the main team me thinks because the mod at present use exe for installation and macs don't really run that program... This might be a premature question, but it's still one I'd like to hear if people are interested in.. I haven't been around a long time and maybe everyone has moved on from this project, but I still would love to be able to play this mod again!

LINK on how to install it properly:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15030219
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 06, 2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added link to the proper steps

Default Re: Third Age Total War for Mac: Now that Macs have M2?

It would be so great to get third age total war on Mac ! Is that so hard to get this exe mod into a dmg dmg mod ?

AFAIK, there is already a way to install TATW on Mac. Don't know did anything change in the installation instructions (unless it is a different M2TW version hmm? ), but here is how one member did it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10729886
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    AFAIK, there is already a way to install TATW on Mac. Don't know did anything change in the installation instructions (unless it is a different M2TW version hmm? ), but here is how one member did it: www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?500558-Possible-to-run-on-Mac&p=10729886&viewfull=1#post10729886
    As far as I can tell, that guide is for someone running a windows version through a Wineskin port. Could anyone who is more tech-savvy figure out a similar guide to how to do that for the new Mac version that is bought through the app store?

Default MTW2 is now out for Mac, how to get Third Age to work?

MTW2 was just recently released for Mac (just in time for Christmas) and i am wondering, how can i get Third Age to work? Since the installer wont really work on mac you have to just dump all the files in your desktop and manually place them where they need to be. Help in getting this great mod working would be much appreciated!

Since MTW2 probably will get a spike in new players that have a Mac, maybe it will be worth- while getting a small installation guide for Mac out?

Default Re: MTW2 is now out for Mac, how to get Third Age to work?

I see there is a person who got it too work on a Mac running MTW2 with a Windows emulator, but unfortunetly that doesnt work with the App Store version as it seems there are differences in the version and some of the folders...

OK i figured out how to get Third Age (or any other MTW2 mod) to work on the Mac App Store version of Medieval Total War 2.

1. Download the mod you want, and open the installer using a program like Wine.
    2. Just make a folder on your desktop and install all the mod files in there.
    3. Move the folder "Third_Age_3" (or something like that, the entire mod anyways) into the Mod folder where the 4 Kingdoms campaigns are (Americas, Teutonic etc).
    4. Launch Medieval Total War 2, and in the Launcher Option window, go to the "Advanced" tab at the top of the window.
    5. Toggle the box that says "Advanced options" and in the text area right next to the box write "--features.mod=mods/NAME OF THE MOD FOLDER", so for my Third Age mod it would be "--features.mod=mods/Third_Age_3"
    6. Enjoy

Hey Itza, is there any way that you could toss up a guide with pictures? I've tried to do the same thing, but the version that Wine is giving me doesn't seem to be working! I'd love it if you could help me out, sorry I'm not so good with computers.

Thanks! And happy holidays!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Itza View Post
    OK i figured out how to get Third Age (or any other MTW2 mod) to work on the Mac App Store version of Medieval Total War 2.

3. Move the folder "Third_Age_3" (or something like that, the entire mod anyways) into the Mod folder where the 4 Kingdoms campaigns are (Americas, Teutonic etc).
    4. Launch Medieval Total War 2, and in the Launcher Option window, go to the "Advanced" tab at the top of the window.
    5. Toggle the box that says "Advanced options" and in the text area right next to the box write "--features.mod=mods/NAME OF THE MOD FOLDER", so for my Third Age mod it would be "--features.mod=mods/Third_Age_3"
    6. Enjoy
    Good catch, Itza.
    Will link to this in the Install Instructions

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Itza View Post

6. Enjoy
    Well, look at that, it works with Wine.. Be sure to also copy+paste models_missile folder into your M2TW/ data folder. It is needed for Axe throwing units such as Dwarves. Otherwise, you'll have to make changes in a file located in your Third_Age_3/ data folder.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 24, 2015 at 03:27 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Word of warning, it currently seems all cinematics and custom settlements are bugged, custom settlements crash the game and cinematics simply don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankmaster98 View Post
    Word of warning, it currently seems all cinematics and custom settlements are bugged, custom settlements crash the game and cinematics simply don't play.

Same thing happening with me - all custom settlement maps (campaign and custom battle options) are broken - game crashes while loading - but battles on normal maps work fines ... campaign map works fine as well as plain field battles on the campaign map. Its only when I enter custom made maps for the mod is when the game crashes.

PS I followed the instructions for the steam version and it works fine until ^

Any help advice would be appreciated thank you.

Heres feral's reply:

Hi,

Thank you for your purchase of Medieval II.

We don't have full and detailed instructions for mods, but it should be possible to get them functioning on the Mac version in a similar way to Windows. We have successfully tried a few higher profile mods, such as 3rd Age.

Please use “--features.mod=mods/mod_folder_name" in the Steam launch options.

Things are liable to change on a mod-to-mod basis and some debugging may be required, but we believe that most mods should function.

We hope this information is useful.

Best regards,

Gerard
    ===============
    Gerard McAuley
    Feral Interactive Support
    Worldwide +44 (0)20 8875 9787
    USA 1-888-592-9925 (Toll Free)
    http://support.feralinteractive.com

Did they say anything about making sure that custom settlements function correctly? And are you using the steam or app store version?

I Third Age Total War to work on mac, the only problem is is that most of the costume maps do not work and all scenarios are black screen on the campaign map is there any way to fix this?

I am using the steam version but I think App Store and steam users are all having the same problem - maps built for this game not working on 'campaign' or 'custom battles'

Let me know if this works for anyone - it didn't for me:

Please try the following:

- Navigate to Steam > Right click Medieval II > Properties > Local files tab > Browse Local Files > Medieval2Data > mods
    - Rename an existing folder there to something else, e.g. british_isles1
    - Paste the desired mod folder into the location with all the other campaigns and name it to the original name of the folder you just renamed, i.e british_isles
    - In Steam click Play and choose the Britannia DLC option
    - On the pre-game options window select the Advanced tab, check the Advanced box and paste "@mods\british_isles\TATW.cfg" into the field there
    - Click Play and The Third Age mod should launch

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Gerard
    ===============
    Gerard McAuley
    Feral Interactive Support
    Worldwide +44 (0)20 8875 9787
    USA 1-888-592-9925 (Toll Free)
    http://support.feralinteractive.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittlJohn145 View Post
    I Third Age Total War to work on mac, the only problem is is that most of the costume maps do not work and all scenarios are black screen on the campaign map is there any way to fix this?

we're all having the same issues bud

Not quite sure if this is true or not, but maybe the bug has something to do with custom settlements with gates? I played custom Amon sul and Fellowship Campaign Moria, which as far as I know don't have gates unlike Moria and Isengard... Idk for sure, just a thought really... Man I really wish some of the staff or really good coders had macs and the M2 TW Mac version so they could look into this...

it'll get fixed but it just takes time until someone notices the topic you know - I'm still waiting for a reply from feral after that latest set of instructions didn't work ^

im guessing it didn't work for you either ?

Hello! Back on TW now it can be played on mac and of course, trying to work out how to download and play my favourite mods from the past!

I've followed the advice above as you can't open the installers on the mac and have thus downloaded Wine but am now at a loss at what to do next. How do I open the installer with this programme?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast