Thread: Little imagination

Default Little imagination

I had this little battle against portoguese faction heir when I was playing with Moors. Our armies were kinda equal although he had more missiles and i had more spears. So I decided to get my family member (not the genral, I had two with me) and a unit of cavalry to their side incase they try to use those missiles when i aproach.

So when my cavalry is in place the heir decides to attack, but of course he is no mach for my bigger number (two units). So now I see my change when his troops try to decide whether to help him or to attack my closing units. I start to charge with my spears and javelinmen who reach their targets just as the heir is killed. So now every single man in the portuguese army is routing and I can get almost all of them as prisoners.

After that battle It is kinda easy to take the nearby city and kill their leader who is the only man inside.

So now you might think that this was some kind of a bug that they didn't do anything like get one unit of spears to help the heir, and they could have he was only about 100meters away from their lines when he died. But this is where imegination comes around. I figured out that maybe he had given orders to face the enemy no matter what comes and his officers didn't know what to do. After all my army was coming in fast and they already had less infantry than I had. Or maybe they didn't see what was going on because of the forest where the fight between the heir and my cavalry was.

I just love to think about these stories behind the battles.

-Topi-
    Caesar is said to have whispered ''et tu Brute?'' as he had 20 knives sticking in his organs, but i think he actually murmured: ''Argblfpahkpfff."
    -smoke

a Finn

Metellus's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Little imagination

Yeah I like to do this as well when I see some sort of odd behaviour. Its better than getting upset, and it keeps the immersion level high. And the role-playing element in this game is great!

Under proud patronage of halie satanus and House of Wilpuri
    Perge cornu canere - sclopetum repleo!
    Trans: Keep honking - I'm reloading!