Thread: By-Pass UI: Gem 1.0.9 Issues

Default By-Pass UI: Gem 1.0.9 Issues

Hi, I've got Gem 1.0.9 working pretty steadily now on Rome 2. If I don't enable Bypass UI, I can load battles, campaign, etc... with no problem and also switch the shaders on/off and reset them with the pause button to my heart's delight.

However, once I tick the Bypass UI option: battles and campaigns load just fine, EXCEPT if I'm loading a battle within a campaign at which point the battle starts without any GEM effects. In that situation, if I try to press either pause or F9 to reload or turn on/off the shaders the whole screen goes white (except the UI) and essentially freezes. I can still bring up the menu but that's about it.
    Similarly, if I simply go to the main menu and load a custom battle, it loads with all the Gem effects AND the UI successfully bypassed. Looks great! I can turn the shaders on/off but if I try to reload the shaders (pause button), the screen freezes. Although the screen doesn't go white, the effect is similar as above. I can only open the menu, and can't move my screen around at all. Units and weather, etc are all frozen too.

I've tested all this out with several different presets including the default settings, Bruce's preset and the Ad Finitum presets. I'm also linking below a small two-pic album showing my Gem settings (in that case, Ad Finitum) and my in-game graphics settings. If anybody can help me out and point me in the right direction to fix this, I'd really appreciate it. I'm hell-bent on having the bypass UI enabled so I can play with some edge blur at all times, but just my luck that it's the one feature that insists on screwing me over.

http://imgur.com/a/Wads0

Default Re: By-Pass UI: Gem 1.0.9 Issues

Same issue

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Has this issue been fixed yet? Really wish I could use Bypass UI.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Does Bypass UI just not work at all with Windows 10?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

SnickerSnack's Avatar Foederatus

I am on Windows 10 and cannot get GEM to work with Bypass UI at all. It doesn't crash or anything, it just doesn't activate any custom graphics period.

Hannib4l's Avatar Foederatus

same Problem

I am on Windows 10 and cannot get GEM to work with Bypass UI at all.
    Same here.
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/

Same here

Ditto

Same here

Same here except I can't even get the UI bypassed like you did with custom battles

Hope this problem will be fixed! I just can't accept blurry text with FXAA on.