Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concept: Age of Charlemagne 11th Century Mod

Default Re: Concept: Age of Charlemagne 11th Century Mod

also, bascinet is 14th century. a lot of the armors seem wrong as well. they should just really stick with the existing stuff, maybe add in some tabards and sugarcoats which is possible with some variantdefinition methods using roman robes and tunics pieces.

ps. if you're thinking of the game taking place closer to the turn of the millenium, i've updated and "diversified" the charlemagne fraction. you can see some examples of my work i the below link. my point is to use only high quality, optimized assets, instead of mixing in a bunch of amateur stuff from mount and blade and god forbid, aged stuff from medieval 2.

as far as i can tell, none of these ideas are being used in other mods. however some mods are using the padded armor and leather coif. they aren't doing the cloth banded helmets or the different types of mantles and trouser types, though:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...xed-by-modding

any progress?? Release date??

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Yes progress, release date maybe this summer early, could be a lot faster but I don't want to spend so much time modding personaly. Halfways to that I can imagine a beta

Are you looking at historically accurate people/generals in factions? de'Hautville Normans for example? (Been re reading Jack ludlow books lately)

Also does each faction have to have the same start date?

Yes Hautevilles are supposed to be playable with Robert Guiscard, although in 1066 like everyone

an 11th century knight is possible using existing assets, but i recommend exporting the models and editing their dimensions/textures slightly to get the total historical accuracy:

We have new assets from other mods and made by ourselfs, that are time appropiate

ok cool. will they include normal mapping, screen pbr techniques like screen space reflection on metal and such? a lot of great mods for medieval 2 just used editing existing asset. they exported the models, changed them, retextured them, and imported them back in.

good luck, can't wait to see the results

OK great, Thanks for the reply.

Will the game then just automate vanilla family members or can these be hard modded in? Pre assigning governors that are family members or known historical vassals to the start date with varying loyalty might make things more interesting as conflicts can spring up within your own domains as opposed to external threats?

Just a thought!

I think anyone concidering this should reconsider joining Medieval Kingdoms Total War 1212AD instead. Not meaning anything bad by it. Just concider pouring your talent into a project that has come a long way and is showing great potential already, instead of starting something so similair.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    I think anyone concidering this should reconsider joining Medieval Kingdoms Total War 1212AD instead. Not meaning anything bad by it. Just concider pouring your talent into a project that has come a long way and is showing great potential already, instead of starting something so similair.
    I know what you mean, for my part firstly I don't think my skills are of much need in their modding.

Anyways i think these are two very different mods, scope vise, visualy and in gameplay terms, not to mention the 2 century almost difference in time. Anyways this is a lot more centered on Europe with a way more detailed approach wich will give entirely different gameplay, closer to vanilla age of charlemagne overhaul than mk. Of course I'd like to cooperate with them with some models, because theirs are amazing

You might want an independent Baltic Paganism religion, or change Slavic to Balto-Slavic.
    Last edited by Blodheafodban; February 17, 2016 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    i think this mod is more like an extension, whereas that one is much more of a separate time and environment. i prefer the concept and general principle behind this one however. the helmets from the other medieval mods are good and can be used, it's just that their character models leave a lot to be desired. they use low quality mail chasses from games like mount and blade rather than take the good quality chausses in this game and just modify them a little(add spurs, make it thicker at the ankle for example). the quality difference is immediately noticeable and disconcerting to people who like watching their little troops closely.

I think, that this mod, is much better than 1212 ad, because... How can i explain it with Bad school english...? A wounderful Time period, and I love the hautevilles, Wilhelm the conqueror and the holy Roman empire (of the german Nation )
    Keep on this great work!!!!!!!!

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Any news!?

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

The current thread is here.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

As above, please go here for the newer thread: