Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Submod] Age of the Five Kings - RELEASING WIP FILES

Default Re: [Submod] Age of the Five Kings - UNIT PREVIEWS

It's not harassment, it's just an opinion, one I'm sure is shared by many. And I'm sure GRRM himself felt the same way when his fans turned unruly after waiting so damn long for Dance.

But hey, can you blame a fan for getting that way after waiting for so damn long? In fact, I made an earlier post in one of the preview threads telling the team not to worry about rushing the product and to take their time, congratulating them on their progress so far. But that was before I saw this great work your putting together here.

And being a newbie here, I hadn't realized that the amount of previews they had released had slowed to a trickle, with only cryptic comments of assurance from the team the only marker of progress.

Don't get me wrong, the team seems like a great bunch and I don't mean to sound like a teeth-gnashing super fan, but it's just frustration, plain and simple.

So aside from that, continue you the great job your doing man, I was so relived to see you start this, its a breath a fresh air.

mchmmroncrck's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of the Five Kings - RECRUITING

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Well recall that since my modeling/mapping/skinning skills aren't exactly on par with the 1.0 team it's not like my presence would get it done "in a day or two" (and saying so kinda sells the 1.0 team short).
    Sorry, wasn't trying to be jerky to you or the 1.0 team, I was just going by what Korpskog recently said in the FAQ:

"We are as stated close to a beta but e are still waiting for one "core-element" (traits) of the mod to be finnished before that can happen. Other then that we have some writing to do (building desriptions etc) If somebody wants to help us with that give me a shout! Also music coding and some other stuff."

Since I thought Elba had the Traits finished, my mod-tarded self thought you could easily finish "building descriptions etc" very quickly, based on how fast you crank out submods. Again, I don't have the first idea of how this all really works, and meant no offense

I Love Age of Pretty king !

I am looking forward to your new masterpiece Thrawn

Domesticus

Very nice!

Domesticus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of the Five Kings - RECRUITING

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Elmond Starr View Post
    Oh common Thrawn, isn't two versions of AOPK released in less than 4 months too much for you? Do you just have to keep throwing this amazingness at us? You're basically gonna recreate Westeros Total War 1.0 before it is even released So much +rep, for you, ser!

Westeros Total War 1.0 will be released? Now the years pass and you do not have more news!

AdmiralThrawn congratulations! For sure it will be a beautiful sub-mod!

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

When we are not sure. Today, tomorrow, next week, next holiday, next season, next year, next decade, next generation, next century or millennium. But there is one thing I have, and that is hope. Hope that it shall be released eventually, to my children or my grandchildren's grandchildren, it matters not. I only hope that day will come.
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

This looks great! If you still need help with the strat work then I can help, with the northern and riverlands house's in particular. I can do family tree's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Elmond Starr View Post
    When we are not sure. Today, tomorrow, next week, next holiday, next season, next year, next decade, next generation, next century or millennium. But there is one thing I have, and that is hope. Hope that it shall be released eventually, to my children or my grandchildren's grandchildren, it matters not. I only hope that day will come.
    I remember when i was a highschool freshman i was so hyped the mod will come out (it was 2012).Now i am a senior...

Any news on this?

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Recently all my time has been focused on this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-The-End-Times

However, I will return to this once BotET releases.

I'm sooo excited for this, hope it comes out soon!

when will the project start?? only for information, thank you for the work!!

MaccusJr's Avatar Libertus

I know it might be annoying but are we having any progress with this mod. Seeing that previous 3 mods were absoluteluy great I just cant wait ti get my hands on this one..!!

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MaccusJr View Post
    I know it might be annoying but are we having any progress with this mod. Seeing that previous 3 mods were absoluteluy great I just cant wait ti get my hands on this one..!!
    Thrawn said that he isn't gonna work on this mod until he is done with Beginning of the End Times.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Thrawn said that he isn't gonna work on this mod until he is done with Beginning of the End Times.
    Yeah, I think the Laws of Coolness dictate that I work on this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...-the-end-times

That being said, the other folks working on it have a lot of skills I don't, and they've offered to help with cool Age of Petty/Five Kings stuff once we're done! *coughGIANTScough*

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Yeah, I think the Laws of Coolness dictate that I work on this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...-the-end-times

That being said, the other folks working on it have a lot of skills I don't, and they've offered to help with cool Age of Petty/Five Kings stuff once we're done! *coughGIANTScough*
    The one true king is pleased with this news. I heard that your team is almost done with the mod and I hope to try it out soon after my finals week is over.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Default Re: [Submod] Age of the Five Kings - RELEASING WIP FILES

OK, it's become clear to me that I won't be getting back to this for quite some time. Now that Beginning of the End Times is out, I'm gonna be working on a new super secret (and incredibly awesome) mod with the End Times team, so I won't have time for this.

As such, I'm releasing all the work I've done to the public, in case anyone wants to pick up where I've left off. This obviously isn't complete, and is meant as a resource for modders. Anyone can use my work in any M2TW mod as long as you give credit and tell me about it (don't wait for me to respond, just send me a PM so I know). Good luck, and may the God Emperor light your way!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...TdaWnl1a3pvOVk
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; May 22, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

OK, it's become clear to me that I won't be getting back to this for quite some time. Now that Beginning of the End Times is out, I'm gonna be working on a new super secret (and incredibly awesome) mod with the End Times team, so I won't have time for this.

As such, I'm releasing all the work I've done to the public, in case anyone wants to pick up where I've left off. This obviously isn't complete, and is meant as a resource for modders. Anyone can use my work in any M2TW mod as long as you give credit and tell me about it (don't wait for me to respond, just send me a PM so I know). Good luck, and may the God Emperor light your way!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...TdaWnl1a3pvOVk
    say it ain't so! I wish you good fortune in your mods to come. Hopefully some great people will pick this up. What is dead may never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemphibar View Post
    say it ain't so! I wish you good fortune in your mods to come. Hopefully some great people will pick this up. What is dead may never die.
    So does that mean this mod is dead and the great Admiral Thrawn isnt going to release the Age of Five Kings mod in June 2016?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12