Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Update: 16/12/15] Age of Charlemagne: Basileia Rhomaion (Playable in both Campaign and Custom Battle)

Default Re: [Update: 16/12/15] Age of Charlemagne: Basileia Rhomaion (Playable in both Campaign and Custom Battle)

This is the best mod out for AoC hands down.
    You can clearly see the effort and care that has gone into this mod.

This faction leader is exactly what I had in my mind of what a Strategos of the era would look like, absolutely smashing job.

I have waited to start my first campaign in AoC until your mod was playable, and I can finally start!

Although I have a comment:

1) The faction leader has a full face chain-mail mask on during the faction selection screen (Not the better open helmet you have in your screenshot).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2) The Faction leader "Isaac" doesn't seem to have the nice armor that he has in the faction selection screen on the campaign map.
    3) The faction leader in your initial screenshot is absolutely stunningly amazing, superb!
    Last edited by Sakanade; December 16, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
    "You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain."

khazukan Kazak's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [Update: 16/12/15] Age of Charlemagne: Basileia Rhomaion (Playable in both Campaign and Custom Battle)

I'm curious, are you using a graphic mod or are those vanilla graphics on those unit screenshots?

Thanks so much! This mod looks incredible.

Totally agree with Pasan above, by the way, adding the Varangian Guard (or an early-version) would be amazing and give the faction some really great flavor and power!

Great work!

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Thank's for his mod, it is shaping up very nicely! Now for some question.

Will you introduce some form of event for conquering the Papal States which will give Constantine (or whoever is Emperor when you achieve this) back home in Constantinople the Pope's blessing as Emperor of the Romans in the west (and in Latin)? Maybe the Strategos can be rewarded with a trait or something for such a service to the Emperor. Perhaps as a bonus you can also give the Romans access to the Papal Guard in Rome?

Also, I read on this mods Steam page that you may Anglicise some of the names; to what extent do you plan on doing this? Can you please give some examples?

Lastly, is there any chance we can get an alternative Isaac with a better looking helmet and the Chi Rho symbol as the faction's emblem (I know, such small things)?
    Last edited by Vanders; December 18, 2015 at 08:32 PM.

Tried it last night awesome mod. is this compatible with radious mod.
    The best form of defence.....................is ATTACK

Awesome mod! Hope the units will be purple(ish) though like in Med II on a later release

I don't know if it is a bug or still haven't been added as a feature, but upon selecting the Theme of Sicily in the campaign faction selection screen there is no unique faction leader model for The Theme of Sicily, it just displays whatever faction I last looked at's leader. Say if I click straight on the Theme of Sicily, or whatever it is called in greek in this mod, in the faction selection it will display Charlemagne.

Being playing since two days and i love it ; i use to play with double-garrison and 12 tpy mods , but it works only with vanilla. Could the startpos.esf could be changed to be compatible with this mods ? Thx again for your fantastic work and the improvement that you bring to Attila total war.
    By the way too, adding Varangian Guards.... Would sound like a new present for next year . Mery Xmas.

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

@Sakanade: Thank you very much! The Generals bug has been fixed and will go up today.

@Khazukan: I am using GEM.

@Falxguy: Yeah, I do intend to include a proto-Varangian type unit: Normanni/Varangoi.

@Vanders: Thank you.
    1. I would like to introduce chapter objectives and a sort of kingdom event.
    2. I was thinking of doing this for some of the terms or adding clarifications for those who may be confused: Skoutati (Spearmen) or some such. If I did that, I would modify the .loc files to include versions for other languages, though I'm not sure if I will do it - probably not.
    3. "Issac" has been reskinned and, as of the next update today, he will appear as such in-game. I probably won't modify the faction emblem, but ep1c_fail has a great emblems mod that does feature a Chi-Ro for the Roman Empire/Theme of Sicily.

@vikungen: I will be altering the campaign colour, but units will still feature red/beige uniforms on the battle map Hmm, that was a problem with an earlier version of the mod - before I had assigned a front-end faction leader to the faction. Are you using the most up to date version?

@klink1944: Thank you for your kind words! Compatibility for TPY will be addressed once the mod is "complete": in the sense that the faction feels fleshed out enough that, bar any bugs, I could leave the mod as is. Merry Christmas to you!

Below you will see the finalised unit roster (including new units):

General: Scholarii > Kontasti ton Strategos (Upgrade)
    Sword Infantry: Castrophilake, Spathati > Spathati (Mounted), Excubitores
    Spear Infantry: Akritae, Skoutati > Skoutati (Mounted), Noumeroi
    Axe Infantry: Skoutati Tsekouri > Skoutati Tsekouri (Mounted), Varangoi
    Ranged Infantry: Toxotae, Armoured Toxotae > Armoured Toxotae (Mounted)
    Skirmishers: Akontistae
    Melee Cavalry: Arabian Cavalarii, Cavalarii, Stratiotae, Kataphractarii
    Shock Cavalry: Bulghar Lancers, Clibinarii
    Skirmisher Cavalry: Ippoakontistae, Skythikoi-Ippotoxotae (Avar Horse Archers)
    Artillery: Lithobolos, Lithobolos Megas
    Fixed Artillery: Cheiroballistra
    Siege Engine: Battering Ram, Light/Medium Siege Towers, Siphonotores (Roman Fire Siege Tower)
    Naval: Akritae (Marines), Spathati (Marines), Armoured Toxotae (Marines), Siphonotores (Vessel)

The only caveat here is whether it's even possible to put a Greek/Roman Fire projector on a siege tower...
    Last edited by The Iron Chancellor; December 20, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    "Diversity in counsel, unity in command."
    - Cyrus the Great

THx again for this fast answer.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Very thorough unit roster!

When you say you are hoping to introduce a Kingdom event, would this mean separating from the rest of the Empire? If this is the case will it be optional?

@klink1944: You're welcome.

@Vanders: I was thinking of perhaps being able to form the Exarchate of Ravenna.
    - Cyrus the Great

Thx the MOD Chancellor !
    Playing as Sicily really challenge, against the world !
    But one problem : The faction leader dont appear by me ( in summary tables) and dont appear in the campaign selection tables also ( seen only other vanilla leaders)
    vhat is wrong? I use several mods, but yours is in the first place.
    (sorry my bad english)
    Last edited by Hunor; December 21, 2015 at 03:23 PM.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Ahhh that's a great idea. Can't wait to see how it all goes.

@Hunor: What mods do you have enabled?

@Vanders: Thank you

Quick announcement: The Steam version has been updated with several small fixes, some new unit cards and some general housekeeping. The Mediafire link hasn't been updated yet.
    - Cyrus the Great

Hi. I use Better AI. 3.9 mod, and many reskin mod from Aventis, additional Byzantine units mod ( crossbow, grenades, fireship) but your mod set in first row, load first. thx the answer, and Happy Xmas
    Last edited by Hunor; December 23, 2015 at 07:33 AM.

Hmm. Do you have The Last Roman pack?
    - Cyrus the Great

Sure, all DLC have. but nevermind, the mod work otherweise perfect, enjoyet it . Sicily factions incredible hard campaign ( with better AI. mod) bcs. -60% diplo for all cristian nation . Merry Xmas Dude !

How could I install it? Sorry, but I'm new to post-Medieval II Total War games and all I see is just two files... Besides that, I see a good job done here!

Hi! This looks like a great mod, congrats Do you use any custom textures here? Because I can't find some of them in the original database of the game.

It seems that the author of this mod has stopped working on it.

Don't expect an updated mediafire link (it's completely outdated) , as it even seems his steam updates are dead as well.

R.I.P. promising mod.
    "You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast