Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.6.-2 Release thread.

Default 1.6.-2 Release thread.

This is going to be a little bit of an early rough release for those who have been holding their breath in regards to playing TW Attila until tuskmod updates.

Direct Download link here:
    _tuskmod_1.6.-2.zip

Steam Workshop link here:
    THIS IS THE LINK.

1.6.-2
    New update, expect basic grand campaign overhauls, and a good degree of custom battle polish.

(1.6-1 will have full custom battle polish, and 1.6 will have full grand campaign polish.)

Experimental changes making it live:

- New grand campaign AI tweaks. Expect things to be a little rougher.

New support for:

- Integrates White Huns/Alans changes, and works to improve them.
    -- White huns roster trimmed, to make it possible to balance, but still very complete.
    -- Alans have some experimental unit behaviors that should be interesting to see play out. Such as mounted infantry.

- Compatable with, but does not yet overhaul the AOC units. (AOC geniunely doesn't need it!)

- Units showing the correct UI elements, but not shouting out the incorrect thing. (Cohors talking about spears glitch.)

Changes:

- Charge time tweaks.

- Elite spears rebalanced.

- Hunnic melee infantry rebalanced.

- Gothic Early game rebalanced. Expect a little less charge bonus to go with the charge time tweaks.

- Units set to deploy in more logical ways at battle start.

- The spread of precursor projectiles has increased.

- Unit names have been rebalanced.

- Pikes have been made less overkill.

- Some bad jokes have been added in response to the White Huns update.

Default Re: 1.6.-2 Release thread.

Excellent!

Quick question - is Tuskmod compatible with startpos mods that change turns per year? I forget if I used one last time.

No startpos changes in the core mod.

Cheers. :-) I take it Dynamic Garrisons doesn't contain startpos changes either?

Noticed a couple of small typos - "Sheild Brothers" should be Shield Brothers and "Innitiative" should be Initiative. Looks great otherwise, will start a campaign tomorrow.

I will fix em'

Dynamic garrisons will see some updates, but as long as it isn't an Allani game, you shouldn't encounter any missing units.

does this also impact the AOC campaign itself?

Btw, i was using your mod pre-aoc and i think i love it?
    I need to read some documentation about it again. I never actually played attila without your mod..

KV Rules mechanics will effect AOC, right now, I have tried to minimize tusks impact on AOC, because AOC is very solid at the moment, and the new grand campaign factions need my babysitting at the moment.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well, I know what I will do today
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Love the fact that I can keep the auto-generate army in custom battles in this mod. 'cause every unit is useful. Almost lost to an auto-white huns (hard) xD.
    Granted I wasn't playing my best with no pauses still I do that all the time in other mods too and I always win with K 2:1 or 3:1 or something. There's something about this mod making battles more balanced and ultimately more challenging I feel.

Anyways I discovered something odd today. Elite Ostrogoth Pikemen destroys Chosen Uar Warriors in 2 seconds. I was wondering where's the AI's Uars - he had 5 - in my custom battle. I loaded the replay and couldn't believe my eyes.
    I then fired up 4 Ostrogoth pikemen vs 4 Chosen Uars and the uars get rekt completely in seconds. I then fired up the pikes vs Noble Suebis and the pikes get rekt...odd... is the pike charge/armor piercing or whatever vs low armor/hp units a bit unbalanced or is this just a glitch? (granted the way the Uars throw themselves at 5 meter pikes would have them die even faster in RL but this is total war...)

I have been investigating that oddity which happens to be pikes right now. (Likely, the larger infantry dimensions is mucking up their behavior.)
    They are going to be going through a series of nerfs.

Edit: Did the star test again.....
    Star crumbled with reasonable numbers of kills.

Expect 1.6.-1 to reduce pike length. I also told the AI what the correct formation depth is regarding the proper usage of pikes. Both fixes have leaked into the steam workshop version.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; December 13, 2015 at 01:20 PM.

Nice quick fix;O

I had a revelation into why it might be happening, which made a fix very easy to do.

As a note, I will be gone tomorrow, and the following week, for the holidays. As such, expect it to take muuuch longer for me to respond to questions, remarks, or feedback then normal.

As for 1.6.-1, it has been in the works, but I feel it needs a lot more testing before it is ready for release, and in this past week, I haven't spent much time at my computer, so I haven't really gotten a lot of time in on TW. (Sad, really. AOC was feeling fairly promising.)

As a note:

- We did discover a massive glitch in the walrus where he made the combat speed of 1.6.-2 far faster then 1.5.3 on accident. A lot of the current balance issues are because of this.
    -- I will release a faster battles submod with the mistake I made, in case you perfer the 1.6.-2 combat!
    -- The Slower battles will update at the same time.
    -- I cannot work on any of these three things while I am gone.

- Celticus has released the first version of his realism variant of Tuskmod, HOWEVER, the last version I heard of him releasing wasn't in fact his first intended release version, but he accidentally instead released the first version he had ever made...

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is because the mod isn't fully compatible with the new changes yet - or if I did something wrong (I subscribed w/ steam workshop), but I tried playing the Alans (not using the garrisons stuff) and noticed some odd behaviors. Military ports didn't make any boats available to recruitment for me. Also, there was maybe some tech-tree strangeness - the upgrade path for mounted skirmishers skips a step?

These issues should be fixed on steam, they have been for about a week now.... I... Feel a little silly for having completely forgotten to bring it up.

I hope to fix the Alannic garrisons sometime this week (Energy permitting,) and then work with the goal of reaching a complete release and starting a new tournament.

AI tweaks are on hold now, but I think I have the Alans in a reasonable state when it comes to recruitment in the update I just pushed on steam. I apologize for things taking as long as it did.

Cool, thanks! I really appreciate it.

Hi Walrus, so which one is the most updated version for Tuskmod and Dinamic Garrisons this one or the steamworkshop? Also can you post non-steam links for the submods too? Thanks so much for your work.

This mod really makes fun. Congrats!
    It's quite more challenging than vanilla.

I would appreciate if the battles would last even more longer. But nevermind. Since now one of the best mods I've tested so far. Keep up the good work.

I could quickly update slower battle speeds submod again, Tullius. Regardless, the total realism branch that Celtics/The_Gravemind is working on generally had slower field battles then Tuskmod Core last we checked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast