Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.6.-2 Release thread.

Default Re: 1.6.-2 Release thread.

don't worry about.
    I've now added "Tuskpatch: a minimalist enhancement". That's enough

I think I did a mistake.
    Some days ago I've tested Radious Mod. Afterwards I've enabled Tusk Mod, disabled Radious, but somehow some of the settings of Radious were still active. I didn't delete the appcache folder.
    Thus troops were cheap and I had no problem with money. AI was were active and did attack frequently.

Now after deleting appcache folder and starting a new campaign with Tusk Mod I was suprised, that troops are much more expensive than before and realized, that I'm now playing the "real" Tusk Mod

It still makes fun, but some things are odd.

The hord factions like Visigoths and so on have better troops, but no money. They will capture some settlements first, but afterwards there's not much they are doing. I guess it's because of less money for this factions.
    Also most of the other hord factions were destroyed after 40-50 turns. I don't know if it's possible to provide more income to AI Horde factions.

I could increase the Horde army maintenance modifier to make them better at surviving, as I am drafting out plans for finalizing the update I really want to put out tomorrow. (Mostly fixes, but I have a few idea's I want to test.)

Currently, If I had to describe where I feel I am with tuskmod progress: Battles are the heart of the mod which I have been very decided on for some time, but the campaign is something I am learning the ropes of, even if there are some very solid features I have built for the campaign (Like Dynamic garrisons.)

To clarify, for hordes, I intended to give them easier access to highly solid light infantry, but I tried to make sure that the landed factions also had good turn-1 rosters with more of an emphasis on tanking units.

Edit: 90% Done with said update (AI fixes and the like,) but I did spend a lot of time distracted by friends asking me for help with things.

I will likely put this update as a BETA branch update instead of a live branch update for a bit, simply because I really do feel uncomfy releasing AI fixes with just my perspective having scanned for issues.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; February 10, 2016 at 12:08 AM.

A new beta for 1.6 is out! Fixes to Suebi, the AI, and a few units have had some minor mistakes regarding which weapons they are holding fixed..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=444725858

I apologize for the delay on this, my life has been.... A little crazy thus far in 2016 (I have been ill for over half of it thus far, to say the least of it.)

The good news? Things are picking up speed again, as will be the development of tuskmod. I can't really tell you guys how happy I am to actually have hard progress to show again.

WALRUS IS BACK, BABY!

Expect some tournament rules for the upcoming Tusk Team tournament to be released later today.

Good news
    Hope you're doing well soon.

one question: should beta 1.6 be used in parallel to normal version oder instead of?

It can completely replace the normal version.

Got it. Thanks.
    works fine for now. Starting a new campain with Ostgoroths, marching to Nubia and conquering Aksum. Had a lot of fun in Africa.

One major problem still remains:
    insufficient money for the small factions and especially the horde factions. WRE and ERE stay big all the time.

If it's possible I would suggest to provide special horde troops to the horde factions. Perhaps as a copy of the regular troops but with half upkeep. This way hordes are more efficient and will stay longer in the game. And perhaps this way they will be able to conquer more than only one or two regions.

I can just increase the troop maintenance reduction on the horde base-camp.

Never mind.
    Started a new campaign now and the picture is slighly different. WRE is in serious trouble. ERE stands better, but is also fighting on every frontier.

ok, but troop maintenance reduction for hordes will also have affect to the Huns. In my current campaign they are really strong (playing on m/m) and had already destroyed several cities.

Well, part of the point of the campaign IS the strength of the Huns.

Obviously, there is a point where things have gone too far, but I intend to test things, and not cross that point.

Great mod. The changes you made make the campaign and the battles much more enjoyable.

I noticed that if I load tuskmod I can choose the white huns in custom battles, but not in the grand campaign. In general the white Huns seems to not exist in the grand campaign. Is this planned or a bug?

Furthermore while playing himyar I noticed that some of the T2 archers in the empire of the sand dlc have a ridiculous low accuracy rating. Is there a reason for that??

Otherwise I can just say that I am amazed by your work��

I don't modify startpos ESF in core tuskmod. Mods that alter the start day in some way can disable playable factions if they aren't updated, but that would be a mod other then tuskmod.

The only time I have touched startpos.esf was in an experimental submod that I set to be hidden from the public, due to a need to do more work on it before it is ready for the current version/

First of all, thank you. You saved Attila for me with this mod, the vanilla combat was jus not my thing (and the campaign changes are neat too ). Are you planning to do, maybe in the form of a submod, a version in which unit upgrading is disabled? It is sad thatthe low tier units become unavailabel after some time in campaign. On a second note, have you already maxed out the "visibility_spotting_range_min" and the "visibility_spotting_range_max" for the AI?

I disable 60% of the unit upgrading in the current version of tuskmod, as for the visibility spotting ranges, those ARE altered in tuskmod, but not as exaggerated in this version as some standalone mods on the workshop.

Hmmm, not really sure, but I guess the Huns are a little bit too strong? (playing with m/m 1.6 beta)

I altered their scripts so they should spawn less often, but with more stacks.... I might have gone a little overkill with the more stacks part. 1.7 will address this.

in the next turn I saw 18 Hun armies, not all full stacks though. I was wondering that they didn't destroy much of ERE. Seems they just bummed around there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12