Thread: Lets get a Teutonic Order Guide together!!!

Default Lets get a Teutonic Order Guide together!!!

I want to bring all knowledge about my favorite faction in this place!

I will start with some tips:
    1.Use Knechten in numbers! They are cheap and are good for hammer and anvil tactic
    2.Get Visby in the beginning, you need to build a ship for this, its a rebell settlement and provides good income
    3.This faction has the strongest Infantry in the whole world! Use it in high numbers for your advantage
    4.The Knights are expensive but very good heavy cavalry.
    5.Prussian axemen are cheap but very effective shock troops.
    6.In the beginning try to ally Poland,Denmark and Novgorod and focus on Lithuania, maybe also call a crusade

These are some tips from me I hope you will make some good tips too!

7.Take Turku in the north before Novgorod gets it.
    8.Kill all the rebell stacks in your territory or they will criple your finances.
    9.your archers are so dont rely on them...
    10. but the Prussian Auxilliaries are very good skirmisher Cavalry and cheap so use them!!!
    Last edited by Sloty; December 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Default Re: Lets get a Teutonic Order Guide together!!!

Come on guys, you all know something about this very powerful faction!
    Please post your impressions and all your knowledge about the TO!!!

Please give some suggestions on the TE? I know you know a lot about it!!!!!

I'd actually suggest recruiting a good number of professional Archer units. You start out with about 5 of them already and two of your main opponents, Lithuania and Novgorod/Kiev, use mainly lightly armored units, cavalry included.

The professional unit has a decent stats of 3 missile attack and 12 defense, and they have a great range, out shooting the most common of Lithuania's archer units and can decimate a whole unit of Novgorod's Berdiche militia unit.

I'd also only take Turku is you're at war or already planning to go to war with Novgorod as they will attack you (sometimes even if allied) to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I'd actually suggest recruiting a good number of professional Archer units. You start out with about 5 of them already and two of your main opponents, Lithuania and Novgorod/Kiev, use mainly lightly armored units, cavalry included.

The professional unit has a decent stats of 3 missile attack and 12 defense, and they have a great range, out shooting the most common of Lithuania's archer units and can decimate a whole unit of Novgorod's Berdiche militia unit.

I'd also only take Turku is you're at war or already planning to go to war with Novgorod as they will attack you (sometimes even if allied) to take it.
    I have to agree, usually my armies have 2-5 units of prof. archers. They are the only effective way to counter masses of horse archers and are also good against light/heavy cavalry. Sometimes i even use them to decimate enemy Bodyguards (especially the Lithuanian ones with weaker armour stats).

Every close rebel settlement (Turku, Visby, Uppsala) you take will sooner or later lead to war. In my games i try to get all of them... you can achieve this quick without the need of numbers. The garrison of those settlements consists of spear militia, crossbow men and heavy/light infantry, easy targets for your knights. Just grab a ship with your faction leader / heir, a few cheap infantry units as garrison and 2 units of christ knights or just 1 and another unit of Knechte.

When you arrive leave your infantry at the port or at least two fields way from the settlement and lay siege with your bodyguard and the 2 cav units. The rebel garrison (which are outnumbering you) will attack at their next turn and you can crush them in open field by simple hit and run tactics. In the meantime you have your main force ready to deal with Lithuania or another faction of your choice.

Love the Teutonic Order, but hate their location.

I tried once (kind of fun), immediately ally with HRE... load up and take out Arhus, then work northward taking out the Dutch and Norway... just sell your starting territories to HRE (maybe trade them for Bologna if you can so you have a double front in the far south

Now you have a very nicely defensible early position and you can choose to either head west and take England or steadily send waves right back east toward the Lithuanians. Plus if you managed to trade for Bologna, you are nicely situated for holy land crusades (without having to travel around all of Europe to get there)

So, if you play it right...
    By turn 100, or earlier, you can own all of Scandinavia, all of Italy and all of the British Isles. 3 of the most profitable and defensible areas on the map. Italy, you mainly have to settle up choke points south of the Alps... Scandinavia, mainly place defenses south of Arhus... and England, easiest defense of all. Anyone else who attacks you has to do so by sea... and that's usually 1 ship/stack at a time.

So 3 varied point on the map, all highly profitable, all easily defensible... and you have some of the best infantry in the game.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; December 14, 2015 at 07:50 AM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Can you please tell me your army composition for sieges and field battles?

I ll start for field battles:
    2-4 prussian auxillaries
    2-4 Knechten
    2-4 of any sort of heavy knights
    5-6 of the best archers available
    at least 2 spearmen
    at least 2 heavy Infantry
    around 1-2 shock infantry

Thats it, do you have some better configurations?

What do you think about my setup, is it good or can you do better?

I play TO on Vh/H and my strat is to take Visby with one stack and Turku with the other. Then give Turku to Nov for an alliance(otherwise they will NEVER ally with you). Then take my remnants and take Thorn the Polish fort(which usually isn't very heavily guarded). I find that Thorn gives the best/fastest chance for a citadel in the area, plus it takes away Poland's best military center(which they will eventually use to attack you with). Then I bunker down, get my diplomat to the Pope and pay my rep back up(since attacking Poland is frowned upon). and call a crusade on Vilinus to drain Lithuania's forces. Proceed to take their cities, build up my economy, and once Thorn becomes a citadel I have the awesome Foot Ritterbrudders to spearhead my advances against Poland or Kiev.