Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Duchy of Burgundy

Default Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Duchy of Burgundy

Hey guys, it's time for my long overdue Duchy of Burgundy preview. Burgundy is what I call a sleeper faction. A faction that becomes more unique with it's late game units but starts out similar to another faction, in this case France.

Tier 1 Units:

Schriltron Militia

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Crossbow Militia

Scouts

Schriltron Serjeants

Crossbow Serjeants

Spear Serjeants

Serjeants

Mounted Serjeants

Knightly Retinue/Foot Knightly Retinue

Duke of Burgundy(Early)

Tier 2 Units:

Serjeants(High)

Spear Serjeants(High)

Heavy Crossbowmen(High)

Schriltron Serjeants(High)

Mounted Serjeants(High)

Tier 3 Units:

Coustiliers

Pavisiers

Pavise Crossbowmen

Pikemen

Men at Arms/Dismounted Men at Arms (Revamped version of the French unit called this, the French version now looks like this too)

Halberdiers

Grendarmes

Handgunners (Yeah you read that right)

Duke of Burgundy(Late)

Okay guys, that's it. Sorry it took me so long. There are also some noble mini rosters of the tier 1 units which I'll be uploading later. Also like always this is all WIP so expect changes as we go. Heck the men at arms unit looks very different from the French preview, so take from that what you will. I did tier 2 units for England and France too, I'll upload screens of them soon too.
    Last edited by warman222; December 10, 2015 at 06:45 AM.

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Duchy of Burgundy

Really great looking units, keep up the good work!

Nice

im crying right now(of enjoy) ... great work guys , your making our dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post

Handgunners (Yeah you read that right)

Woo! Saw that in your Steam Screenshots - Show them the whiff of smoke and sulphur...In Action!

Ah! You've just uploaded screenshot from Slytacular's Cannon test, didn't you?

Last edited by You_Guess_Who; December 10, 2015 at 07:28 AM.

This is beautiful, models are looking so good. Can't wait to see this mod in action.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Very nice work. Me right now: http://i.imgur.com/r8dtYy3.gif

​~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Everything is looking amazing, but you have to make the one handed axes/maces/etc a lot smaller.

They are simply far too big now.

http://i.imgur.com/GTdX1y6.jpg

Also, I hope regular infantry starts wearing more and more swords instead of axes as time goes on into the 14th/15th century.

Looks excellent, really interested in those firearms and cannons...

Looks great!
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Holy how the did you do all of this!?!?!?!? ARGHHH this is so good guys my gosh just kill me already.

They better release sounds modding tools or i'm going to cry so ing much
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Everything is looking amazing, but you have to make the one handed axes/maces/etc a lot smaller.

They are simply far too big now.

http://i.imgur.com/GTdX1y6.jpg
    I totally agree with the weapon size. Smaller looks better, and realistically speaking, soldier currently wouldnt have strength to swing those weapons effectively for long.

Awesome units as always, But i got a question sould the scout units of all factions not have any flags? Because there scouts? or i'm i wrong did scouts also have nation flags ?. I would say not because they need to be fast and not show who they from.

And guys it's still WIP so exspect changes.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Incredible!

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Very nice looking units, and the handgunners...superb

Not a criticism, just wondering, what is the historical source of this armour - never saw it, looks more Byz to me

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Very nice looking units, and the handgunners...superb

Not a criticism, just wondering, what is the historical source of this armour - never saw it, looks more Byz to me

I'm not affiliated with the mod so I could very well be wrong, but from the looks it reminds me of some of the Visby armors found in the middle of the 14th cent. Those are quite well preserved. In norse sources it's called plata, i.e. plate and can be dated back to as far as 900, Birka excavations. Commonly known as coat-of-plates, jack of plates, etc. in English. It was basically a vest with coats of plates protecting your vital parts of the body from the front, sides and to some degree your back.

From my understanding of this kind of armor, it could be, but not always be worn in conjunction with a mail hauberk or sets of mail. The reason why you've not seen this armor before is because it would be to have this kind of coat of plates armor protected by fabric like leather (Visby), jack(English), gambeson, surcoat, etc. on top to hold it in place.

Modern recreation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HKm4RgNc44
    http://static.webshopapp.com/shops/0...brigandine.jpg

Statue of St.Maurice, later 13th cent. Mail, integrated mittens, seperated mail coif and an early coat of plates on top protect by a jack (15-20 layers of linen glued or sewed). In this picture you can clearly see the vest on top of the mail, but more commonly to have mail on top of the vest.

The mail coif patch could be either stuffed inside the vest or not.

EDIT: TL;DR: This is the plates on the inside, but they're held together by rivets on the inside of the armor, not outside. The end result would look like this.

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; December 12, 2015 at 01:01 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Well, the Visby armor is just an example of a coat of plates, it was not an armor type particularly set to a region.

What the armor is, is nothing but coat of plates, a rather popular type of armor that became prominent before the development of breastplates and "full" plate armor;

http://i.imgur.com/4faTY8T.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/8AZSI2V.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VlrlgTW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/EiydUjA.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/5BL3KCx.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/oQWBAHJ.jpg

The armor dont really fits with rest of the units. but thats just my view i think they need to look almost the same as the other units in there group.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    The armor dont really fits with rest of the units. but thats just my view i think they need to look almost the same as the other units in there group.
    That's not because of the armor but the accompanying long skirts not for any other army types (high crossbowmen at least)

Great job team!
    Last edited by Linke; December 11, 2015 at 03:22 PM.

Wow, those look amazing! Too bad I will have to exterminate them with my Seljuk Ghulams...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast