Thread: MOS 1.7 Slow Turns after fresh install?

Default MOS 1.7 Slow Turns after fresh install?

Hi, first off, I don't normally post on forums but just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in Third Age and MoS, you guys are amazing, I have literally put thousands of hours into playing and enjoying your work, throughout the life of the mod and absolutely love it thank you!!! anytime I get stressed out I can fire it up and get lost in lotr, for that I am eternally grateful.

Having said that I am now experiencing an issue I was hoping to get some help with.

I had MoS 1.7 installed and working fine, but had to reinstall my windows 10. After doing this and proceeding through the install steps I noticed something strange.

My turns are taking insane amounts of time, 25s-30s each AI if not more. The problem with this is normally, that didn't happen, my turns would take very little time at all.

I have a SSD, core i7- 3930k 3.2ghz with 32 gb of RAM and a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW with 64 bit windows 10

Normally my system shreds this game. I have followed to the letter the install instructions, several times, with clean installs of M2 and third age and 1.7 mos. No matter what I do, everything looks fine, but my turns now take way too long.

The only thing that has changed on my system, thinking about it now as I'm writing, is that my processors overclock is not applied at the moment, normally I have her at 4.2 ghz stable water cooled.

So the real question is, should my system need that overclock again? or do you think the issue lies elsewhere? I'm going to apply the overclock again and see if the issue is resolved... but a core i7 3.2ghz shouldn't have any issues... should it?

thanks for your time!

EDIT: *I pushed my overclock back on to 4.4ghz and the turns reduced in time to 10-20s each AI... this is better, but still a lot slower than it was? my entire turn used to take no more than 45s not including any battles.

I also tried the fps and 4gb thing to no avail. Please help

Default Re: MOS 1.7 Slow Turns after fresh install?

Figured it out *facepalm* installing into a non x86 folder solved my issue thanks again everyone whos put in time on this project.

Same here
    my windows 8.1 is works fine as well every each turn just take atlease 15 seconds , now i upgraded to windows 10 that take the turn process for AI longer 2-3 minutes ,
    my system
    Medievel 2 +kingdoms purchased legally on steam store
    Gtx 960 (latest drive)
    ram 8gb
    CPU Amd six core

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Trucnguyen270 View Post
    Same here
    my windows 8.1 is works fine as well every each turn just take atlease 15 seconds , now i upgraded to windows 10 that take the turn process for AI longer 2-3 minutes ,
    my system
    Medievel 2 +kingdoms purchased legally on steam store
    Gtx 960 (latest drive)
    ram 8gb
    CPU Amd six core
    have you tried the advices above
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I'm aslo having this problem, folder is in a completely different hdd also.

i7-4790k with affinity set to 2 cores and high priority... turn times still taking atleast 1 1/2 minutes on first turn :/

I'm having this problem with any submod I install for Third Age. I've tried a couple fixes but my turn times are still incredibly long. Anyone know of any other work arounds besides what has been listed?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBinder View Post
    I'm aslo having this problem, folder is in a completely different hdd also.

i7-4790k with affinity set to 2 cores and high priority... turn times still taking atleast 1 1/2 minutes on first turn :/
    the HDD does not matter what matters is is it out of the [x86] program files folder

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicfury View Post
    I'm having this problem with any submod I install for Third Age. I've tried a couple fixes but my turn times are still incredibly long. Anyone know of any other work arounds besides what has been listed?
    how much ghz does you procesor have?
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; May 05, 2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

What CPU do you have (Intel or AMD, number of cores, amount of cache, strenght in GHz )? Is it a laptop or a desktop PC? What steps/fixes did you already try? How long is your turn time?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

For some reason installing everything to my desktop did it for me, I'm not sure what the difference is but it worked for me. I had it installed in both programs folders before, so I'm not sure, but now my turn times are a little bit longer than Stainless Steel turn times, which is about 15-20 seconds now. This is with Divide and Conquer.

For some reason installing everything to my desktop did it for me, I'm not sure what the difference is but it worked for me. I had it installed in both programs folders before, so I'm not sure, but now my turn times are a little bit longer than Stainless Steel turn times, which is about 15-20 seconds now. This is with Divide and Conquer.
    When you install a mod in one of these two "Windows protected folders ( Program Files and Program Files(x86) folders)", then, a Windows Security feature called "User Account Control(UAC)" is scanning all processes/scripts/programs etc. when you play/start/initiate some program/game, and, it slows down turn times while it scans all these processes. For some people it takes longer, and for some it works faster, depends on your system.

Best thing to do is not to install in these two security protected folders, as you just did.

Enjoy playing TATW and its submods.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.