Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 1 -Forces of Good are victorious!

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 1 -Forces of Good are victorious!

JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 1

Created by JWANT
    Admin: JWANT
    Co-Admin: Adanedhel

Map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is a Good vs Evil hotseat. It is open to players with limited TATW hotseat experience or those who are interested in playing for fun who want to test the new hotseat balance patch. JWANTS BALANCE PATCH HOSTEAT 1 is designed for experienced players who want a competitive challenge. Players with no TATW hotseat experience are encouraged to show their interest in playing - should there be enough interest I will make a hotseat entirely for new players.

Information on the balance patch and how to install it can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-0-2-RELEASED

The teams will be:
    Good:
    Gondor, Rohan, Silvan Elves

Evil:
    Mordor, Isengard, Harad

Factions

Gondor: themegosh
    Rohan: Captainnorway
    Silvan Elves: SirCumfrance
    Isengard: Salgarello
    Mordor: Kolu2210
    Harad: StewardDenethor II

Rules

Subject to change before hotseat begins.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty
    • Autoresolve only

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 48 hours or 72 hours with notification. If you cannot play your turn, please make arrangements for subbing (preferably with your teammate!)
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• Good vs. Evil. Team victory.
    • No Invasions
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlandings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by JWANT; July 01, 2016 at 03:06 PM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 2 (for those with limited TATW experience or just want to play for fun)

If you are interested in playing please post which faction(s) you would be interested in playing. Some factions will be played by the same player, such as Gondor and Eriador.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 2 (for those with limited TATW experience or just want to play for fun)

Ill join as evil

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

I'd like to play as Rhûn and Harad if I am not counted in the experienced people yet (I still consider myself a youngblood)

Libertus

Sign me up as Dwarves. Would be great playing in TATW hotseat.

Urke's Avatar Semisalis

Would like to play as Dale, but will see if the mod works for me. Also, is there a torrent file for the download of this mod?

I really would love to play as dwarves, but it is already choose, so, I would love to join as isengard if possible. The requirements are? I'm currently with Divide and Conquer instaled, and I run my third age in steam, it's there a problem? and in hte end, I nevre played a hotseat campaing in my life, how does it work? u send the save file to the other players? o.0

Ill take mordor then

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Here is how to...

Install the mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...re-uploaded%29

Install my changes to the mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-0-2-RELEASED

Play a hotseat game here at TWC
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-beginners

I'm trying to gather interest so thank you to chose who have posted. Depending on interest I may reduce the number of factions but I won't decide for a few days at the very least.

This looks really cool,
    Could I play as the elves?

I'm fairly inexperienced with hotseats so this is perfect. I'll take Mordor if this is still open.

edit: damn they are taken. Northern orcs then
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; December 14, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

I'm very noob with hotseats, never played one, but I would love to play one... there is a lot of pleople who wants already... Jwant, there is a lot of people here already, any idea when we could start?

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Not enough players yet so I'll give it a day or 2 more. I will likely eliminate some factions to allow fewer players to have a faster game.

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

So I guess we are missing 1 player to start, said player would fill in for Gondor and Eriador.

I'm in. Gondor it is.

We should be full and ready to start now!

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I'll get this started later today!

Update: Due to the number of players I have decided the reduce the size of the hotseat by eliminating Harad, Eriador, High Elves, OoG and Dwarves.

I'll have to make some additional changes to prepare the file so if it isn't ready today I will complete it and post it tomorrow!
    Last edited by JWANT; December 20, 2015 at 07:30 PM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I've made a small change to the list of players. I have sent out a PM to everyone to confirm they are still interested in playing before starting - just in case we need to adjust the factions included.

Urke's Avatar Semisalis

It is not working for me, sorry. Find another Dale, rly sorry

I installed the patch, all files, and it worked fine, I looked at the new atk of the archers, very nice, probably will shred light armored units.
    I'll play as isengard and I'm a little bit worried about rohan rush, but let's see how it goes.
    What will be the rules?
    We'll be able to fight rebels and AI factions on the field or only AR every battle? how will be agents rules? Assassins are allowed?
    When do we start?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast