Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.21 VET HOTSEAT 1

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.21 VET HOTSEAT 1

The loss of Dol Guldur is but a trifle in the grand scheme of the Dark Lord.

Isengard: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...nVwcUVmMmRUS0U

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Right that's one hotseat done. Harad up

P21_Harad_9.rar

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

Into the double digits!

Gondor https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6H...ew?usp=sharing

Has Yayb retaken without a single casualty

JWANT's Avatar Senator

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

At last, the Dwarves approach the great Easterling city of Rhomen. Led by Gloin, the Dwarves batter down the gates with ballista bolts and storm the lightly defended city. The defenders resist, but with half of their number slain the survivors throw down their arms and surrender.

Hours after the battle, Dwarven scouts report a large enemy force massing to the south. Perhaps the Easterlings were expecting a lengthy siege of Rhomen, which would allow them to bring in relief forces. Though his troops are exhausted from their recent exertions, Dain orders them to march out of the city at double time. The soldiers utter not a word of complaint, for they would follow their King into the depths of hell and beyond!

The Dwarves catch the Easterling relief force as they settle down for their evening meal. War horns blow frantically, but as the men struggle to arm themselves and form up, they see Dain’s army marching down upon them, arrayed in perfect line of battle. Some of the disheartened soldiers look to the south, but the banners which might have strengthened their resolve are nowhere to be seen. The Loke-khan is nearby, but did not reach the battlefield in time. And when over a thousand Dwarves let loose a thunderous war cry, and slam their axes against their shields in a cacophony of lust and violence, the Easterlings’ fragile morale shatters completely. Virtually the entire army routs as the leading edge of the Dwarven host charges into their ranks. Hundreds are cut down by Dwarven axes, while hundreds more drown while trying to swim across the river at their backs. Barely a third of the Easterling force escapes the trap, and even then, the exhausted survivors do not make it far.

For Dain, it is a glorious triumph. For every Dwarf who has lost his life, nearly twenty Easterlings have been slain. As night falls, the Dwarven dead are gathered and buried. A monument is erected on the spot, their names carved into the great stone to forever mark the resting place of those who perished for such a victory.

For one night, the Dwarves will rest. On the morrow, Dain will lead his army across the river, into the Easterling heartlands. The Empire of Rhun will soon be fighting for its very survival.

Elves:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing

Screenshots:

That is unfortunate... Just when things are about to get interesting for me.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I knew that my turn was up Ada, but I asked extension from JWANT. Also I am once again unlucky with my spies.
    Of course one of them wouldn't open gates in Moria again and in Dol Guldur it opens now, but it is useless when a battering ram was already built.

Mordor is up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ysmary

Dol Guldur taken with overwhelming odds.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

I have to ask for an extension. Will try to play this tomorrow.

W. Osgiliath (ballista) and Minas Tirith (spy) taken. I could only get a heroic victory against those 4 generals in W Osgiliath. You can go ahead and check if you want. I even loaded a seperate game, put those generals there, and attacked with the Witch-King only. Got straight HV.

Isengard: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...zQzTkl3OHJCY3M

Battles:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...HhGYThCTmpPeWc
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...UJXMnpiNGhFRjQ

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    At last, the Dwarves approach the great Easterling city of Rhomen. Led by Gloin, the Dwarves batter down the gates with ballista bolts and storm the lightly defended city. The defenders resist, but with half of their number slain the survivors throw down their arms and surrender.

Hours after the battle, Dwarven scouts report a large enemy force massing to the south. Perhaps the Easterlings were expecting a lengthy siege of Rhomen, which would allow them to bring in relief forces. Though his troops are exhausted from their recent exertions, Dain orders them to march out of the city at double time. The soldiers utter not a word of complaint, for they would follow their King into the depths of hell and beyond!

The Dwarves catch the Easterling relief force as they settle down for their evening meal. War horns blow frantically, but as the men struggle to arm themselves and form up, they see Dain’s army marching down upon them, arrayed in perfect line of battle. Some of the disheartened soldiers look to the south, but the banners which might have strengthened their resolve are nowhere to be seen. The Loke-khan is nearby, but did not reach the battlefield in time. And when over a thousand Dwarves let loose a thunderous war cry, and slam their axes against their shields in a cacophony of lust and violence, the Easterlings’ fragile morale shatters completely. Virtually the entire army routs as the leading edge of the Dwarven host charges into their ranks. Hundreds are cut down by Dwarven axes, while hundreds more drown while trying to swim across the river at their backs. Barely a third of the Easterling force escapes the trap, and even then, the exhausted survivors do not make it far.

For Dain, it is a glorious triumph. For every Dwarf who has lost his life, nearly twenty Easterlings have been slain. As night falls, the Dwarven dead are gathered and buried. A monument is erected on the spot, their names carved into the great stone to forever mark the resting place of those who perished for such a victory.

For one night, the Dwarves will rest. On the morrow, Dain will lead his army across the river, into the Easterling heartlands. The Empire of Rhun will soon be fighting for its very survival.

Elves:

Screenshots:
    I'm surprised at how small the dwarven casualties are, how can you lost only 34 men when attacking over 1000 troops

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPoland View Post
    I'm surprised at how small the dwarven casualties are, how can you lost only 34 men when attacking over 1000 troops
    That was a lucky result to be sure. Average result was about 80-100 losses if I remember correctly. By allowing me to attack you give me the opportunity to replay to reduce my casualties. Also, Dwarven AR is still superior in this game (as it should be given Rhun's economic and recruitment advantages). The biggest factor, however, is the massive disparity in leadership. You have my general with 10 stars vs. your captain with 0 stars. That has an enormous impact.

Citizen

• No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    My interpretation of this rule is that you are only allowed to accept a heroic victory if that is the only result you can get (in at least five reloads). If it is the only victory you get, but you can get defeats, then I don't think it is allowed. So I question whether Adanedhel's move is allowed.

I've seen this rule more in the context of Westeros games where Greyjoy naval AR is a problem...sometimes is truly is impossible to get clear victories with them.

After taking E. Osgiliath from the rebels, I attacked W. Osgiliath, and each time I got HV, without defeats (I reloaded at least 5 times). If I were to attack with two Nazguls, instead of one, I could get a Clear Victory, but I wanted to attack with the Witch King alone, and I believe I am the one who decides what the army composition will be during a battle. Like I said, I got plain HV. Moreover, the results of the HV vs CV do not differ that much, so I don't see why it should be disallowed.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Generally I would be on a similar opinion as Joe, however we all can see how little garrison were in W. Osgiliath, so the type of victory doesn't change anything in the bigger schemes, so I would allow this HV this time.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Citizen

Okay, if you get HVs without defeats, then it would be allowed under these rules.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

To clarify (although this looks to already be resolved):

The spirit of the rule is to disallow lucky Heroic Victories - so if other battle results are possible on up to 5 reloads then it would not be allowed. If only Heroic Victories can be achieved then that result is allowed. Army composition is entirely the decision of the attacker so if they can find a way to attack with an army that can only achieve Heroic Victories then they can keep the result.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    That was a lucky result to be sure. Average result was about 80-100 losses if I remember correctly. By allowing me to attack you give me the opportunity to replay to reduce my casualties. Also, Dwarven AR is still superior in this game (as it should be given Rhun's economic and recruitment advantages). The biggest factor, however, is the massive disparity in leadership. You have my general with 10 stars vs. your captain with 0 stars. That has an enormous impact.
    Yeah, very true. I actually thought I wasn't in range based on how far you moved lat turn, but I guess I forgot to estimate the movement without the ballista.

Harad up

P21_Harad_10.rar