Default JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.21 VET HOTSEAT 1

JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.21 HOTSEAT 1

Created by JWANT
    Admin: JWANT
    Co-Admin: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Full map in play

This is a Good vs Evil hotseat. It is open to veteran players who want a competitive challenge and who want to test the new hotseat balance patch.

Information on the balance patch and how to install it can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-0-2-RELEASED

The teams will be:
    Good:
    Gondor, Eriador, Rohan, Dale, High Elves, Silvan Elves And Dwarves

Evil:
    Mordor, OoG, OotMM, Isengard, Rhun and Harad

Factions

Some players will play 2 factions to speed up the pace of the hotseat.

Gondor & Eriador: JWANT
    Rohan & Dale: subbed by JWANT
    Silvan Elves & High Elves: Dragon.
    Dwarves: Joerock22
    Isengard: Chieftain Khuzaymah
    Mordor: Adanedhel
    OoG & OotMM: TheBlackWolf
    Rhun & Harad: KingofPoland

Rules

Subject to change before hotseat begins.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty
    • Autoresolve only

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 48 hours or 72 hours with notification. If you cannot play your turn, please make arrangements for subbing (preferably with your teammate!)
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• Good vs. Evil. Team victory.
    • No Invasions
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlandings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by JWANT; May 23, 2016 at 04:30 PM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 1 (for experienced players looking for a competitive challenge)

If you are interested in playing please post which faction(s) you would be interested in playing. Some factions will be played by the same player, such as Gondor and Eriador.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: JWANTS BALANCE PATCH 0.2 HOTSEAT 1 (for experienced players looking for a competitive challenge)

Sign me up. I'd prefer either Dwarves, Elves, or OotMM/OoG. I don't have a really strong preference so if people want to take two out of those three and leave one for me, that's fine.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Mordor for me. Glad this is a Good vs Evil hotseat. I'm guessing that I need to create a separate install of Third Age in order not to screw up the previous version?

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Nice, I would like to join as well. First choice is Isengard, however that may be a poor choice with Rohan's improved cav/ranged units

I doubt we will get 8 (veteran) players though. Perhaps better to remove the western part of the map? HE, Eriador, Blue Mountain Dwarves and OoG?
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Yes I would create a separate TATW folder as outlined in the patch thread to ensure it doesn't stop you from playing regular hotseat games.

I would like to avoid removing factions if possible since then those factions are not getting tested but I will do that if necessary. I will also play some factions if an extra player is needed similar to what I have done in JWANTs 2

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

If you guys are missing players in the end, I'd be willing to play Rhûn and Harad (or anything left if someone else absolutely wants these factions), but if more experienced players show up, I don't mind giving my place.

I think we should bring all the players from JW2: Viking, Themzr, BlackWolf. Otherwise, it will be hard to get 8 players. Come on guys! Who doesn't like an old Good vs Evil campaign.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I would take the elves, as I never had a chance to play with them in hotseats, of course if Joe doesn't take them before me.
    Also this new patch in his own separate thread is 0.1 or 0.2 version? The link says 0.2 but the save file named as 0.1 version.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; December 10, 2015 at 03:37 AM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Come on guys! Who doesn't like an old Good vs Evil campaign.
    I agree! TATW used to have many good vs evil games, but they became less popular because they are usually hard to balance out in terms of factions and players. Now, with the new patch, a lot will be new for everyone. I look forward to this hotseat
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I have corrected the link. For some reason after I uploaded 0.2 it still directed to 0.1 using the 0.2 link... strange.

I think a good vs evil hotseat would be fun as well and would like to see the players Adanedhel mention play! This hotseat is will hopefully pave the way for an improved TATW hotseat experience - I hope this will get players interested in the mod again. Having the regularly active players join will not only be fun for them but they can help the community!

I've had medieval 2 for years but I'm not very experienced with hotseats. But if you need more players I could take the Northmen factions.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Looks like 5 players plus myself - so I will wait a day or 2 to hear back from a few others. I'll adjust the hotseat factions based on interest so we can get started soon.

I have followed the thread for some while now and it looks very promising. I'm just not sure if I have the time to participate though. I have kind of promised myself not to join any more hotseats.
    But... you know what? it. I'm in

If they are still free I would like to take my old favourites, OotMM and OoG

I think there is a lot of wish for more players to join this hotseat, maybe split up some of the factions as well? I would also like to join and be for example Dale, but now all the factions are taken! Bytheway, I havent played a hotseat for 1-2 years now, so I dont remember where to extract the saves/take saves from and if I have to enable something or download something before I start the save?

You can take my spot. I know what I said in my post above, but I have come to the realization that I simply cannot join any more hotseats as of now. I study full time and my studies - or even worse! - my hotseats will suffer if I do not have enough time to do the best I can at both.

I'm not entirely sure what your question about the saves is all about, so I will just say a couple of things and hopefully something of that helps

To begin with, your saves are located at your main medieval folder, then a mod of your choice, then saves. Like so : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\"your_mod"\saves

To send saves to the next in line the best in my opinion is to use Google Drive or dropbox. By doing this, the link will not stop working after a few days as it can do with some other file-sharing sites.
    To receive files you simply download them from the link provided by the player right before you and put the save in the "saves" folder in "your_mod" folder. You might need a program to extract the save file if you downloaded it as a .rar

The only thing you (should) need before you begin is the Third age Total war mod itself, and then JWANT's patch. the patch will merge with the mod, so if you still want to have an untouched Third age mod, make sure you copy the whole mod folder before adding the patch.

I'm sure the others here can help you even better if this was not what you asked for. Good luck.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Good explanation Egyptian. And for players like The Norseman who want to play but don't think they have a spot - I'll make sure everyone who wants to play will have the opportunity to. I'll sort out the factions and get this started later today.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

The save is ready. Since I am first I will post it once I have played Gondor and Eriador.

If Viking is not playing, who will take Harad and Rhun? The latter is especially a hard faction to play, seeing who is playing on the other side.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast