Thread: Would like some Rome 2 battle "coaching" if it's possible.

Default Would like some Rome 2 battle "coaching" if it's possible.

Hi I would like to learn how to fight battles well particularly with Romans in online multiplayer and custom battles. I was wondering if there are any skilled players who can online chat and play with me. I don't know if requests like these are ever made but thought i'd try and ask. I've already played and won custom battles a few times and have some familiarity with basic tactics but the computer seems to not be too smart although I havn't tried it on very hard yet. So if you're a friendly and skilled player I'd like to get in touch so i can have some Rome 2 coaches/allies/opponents.

Default Re: Would like some Rome 2 battle "coaching" if it's possible.

Check out Maximus Decimus Meridius on YouTube. He makes lots of commentary on competitive matches and even some experiments. He offers a lot of insight into tactics, deployment and builds for different factions.

Ok cool, I'll check out that then

I suppose it was a bit of an ask. Still, is there a way to find players/opponents that are more patient and helpful and avoid the ones who will get annoyed or dicky? I have an acquired brain injury see, so my processing speed is slower. Pausing for too long is still something I'm trying to not do in my custom battles but it's been hard to avoid. Still learning the game I guess

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by D@gget View Post
    Check out Maximus Decimus Meridius on YouTube. He makes lots of commentary on competitive matches and even some experiments. He offers a lot of insight into tactics, deployment and builds for different factions.
    Great tip, D@gget! Maximus Decimus Meridius' comments are very helpful for me as a new Rome II player. In this battle, he shows the importance of timing - when horse archers are firing on his lines, he waits until they are winded (and moving more slowly) before sending his raiding horsemen to destroy them. I like the way that he points out his own mistakes, for example he wishes that he had switched off 'fire at will' for his raiding horsemen so that he could use their javelins against the enemy elephants. I think he would have liked to send his Oathsworn into melee earlier and all at once (while waiting to go into action, they take casualties from enemy skirmishers; when his infantry attack, the attack is piecemeal). He also regretted putting his infantry general in his front line against Parthia, a skirmisher-heavy faction. His awareness of his mistakes and his ability to explain precisely how he would have liked to act differently shows how skilled a commander he is.
    Last edited by Alwyn; December 19, 2015 at 09:30 AM.