Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Month 1 mods for TW: Warhammer

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Month 1 mods for TW: Warhammer

I seem to recall that TW: Warhammer won't have mod support. Presumably we can still modify it though, just without tools? From the looks of things they'll charge us DLC prices for unlocking Brettonia and Kislev, so a mod to make them playable won't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    I'm feeling a Heroes of Might and Magic style burrowing stance. If it was a modular thing, such as certain sizes of settlements (perhaps the Provincial Capital) gaining a sewer system, all native Dwarf settlements gaining a subterranean entrance, and all elves not needing a sewer system could mean that the Underway could be fought over particularly notable locations and crossroads etc.

I just want to have an underground bridge to have a Bloodthirster fight on.
    That actually sounds sort of reasonable for some sort of underground system.

My bet is they add Skavenblight, Crookback, and in 3rd game Pestilence in Lustria. Skavenblight already has area on map that is currently off limits/not used. Crookback might make a couple nearby provinces smaller and there could be a couple Skaven nests in the Black Mountains.

My main question for Skaven is if there is a way to institute 3 way fights over a region- perhaps somehow sharing space on the map but it takes 1-2 turns to muster forces to attack in the underway so there is some warning/preparation time or the exits are 1/2 turn away in different directions.

Other than touchup work on the Greenskins the mod that right now I feel I'd want the most is making playable Norscan Dwarfs and Estalia.

I wouldn't get my hopes up at all about editing the map or adding factions via modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up at all about editing the map or adding factions via modding.
    Editing the map is not something I think can be done or if it is even possible will be done anytime in the first year of release- probably not given the need for trilogy to fit together I think most people with those skills wouldn't even attempt until final map is combined.

However adding factions shouldn't be that difficult so long as people don't expect quest battles, unique events, items, etc. Just to start with a non-legendary lord and control faction as in normal TW without the extras should be possible unless CA did something really strange with the files.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Banners, flags, bannerlords, bannermen, standards, standard bearers, banners and flags and standards!
    Seriouselly i need them!

Nobody wants to go to war without banners
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; December 13, 2015 at 07:37 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

And musicians and unit champions!
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

I want the waggh armies to be player controlled. AI armies are boring and stupid.

Making them player controlled is a mod I want very badly.

Given the recent news on the Co-op campaign options, I would enjoy some mod that would unlock different playable race factions so both players can play the same race

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by oneah View Post
    Given the recent news on the Co-op campaign options, I would enjoy some mod that would unlock different playable race factions so both players can play the same race
    I never thought of that oneah that could be a smart workaround. Hopefully they don't give all the other non-playable factions of each race crappy rosters compared to the playable ones.

And Fallen I think the AI WAAGH armies are a smart decision not only would a full stack popping out of the ground destroy any early game economy it would too easy the AI is probably going to be the same as the last two games.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    I bet my copper on that they left the whole underground thing for the second game. It would be the wisest thing to do too. But we'll see.
    But they said all of the 3 games would be complete and playable seperately, is the second game only going to have an underground map if you dont have the first game?
    I fear they will just use the cheesy teleportation mechanic that the dwarfs en greenskins already use, but with more range or something

Quote Originally Posted by petertel123 View Post
    But they said all of the 3 games would be complete and playable seperately, is the second game only going to have an underground map if you dont have the first game?
    I fear they will just use the cheesy teleportation mechanic that the dwarfs en greenskins already use, but with more range or something
    Yeah, maybe dwarfs and skaven will even have an ability to stay underground instead of having to pop out for air (that is the weirdest and stupidest part IMO). If skaven have to do this it's going to be weird, they obviously didn't have to pop out for air in the lore.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

We have to hope Mods will be not deleted. In the past CA did not support, but what will GW do!? Will they accept if we add something without ok and paying!? Will they accept uploads with their stuff for free from us!? I have doubt before last dlc was out from CA.

I know them from the GW shops. They just want money. They are not care about you. This is the reason why warhammer fantasy die at the end. This is very sad.
    Last edited by joedreck; December 24, 2015 at 02:11 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    We have to hope Mods will be not deleted. In the past CA did not support, but what will GW do!? Will they accept if we add something without ok and paying!? Will they accept uploads with their stuff for free from us!? I have doubt before last dlc was out from CA.

I know them from the GW shops. They just want money. They are not care about you. This is the reason why warhammer fantasy die at the end. This is very sad.
    Here is a mod for the original Dawn of War game: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...alone-factions You can now play literally every major faction in WH40K, and GW hasn't shut that down. It is possible GW and CA will be more hands on against WTW mods but I doubt it a little, they probably will just never speak of them, like, ever. I suppose if some unit mod was obviously putting a damper on their DLC sales etc CA/GW/SEGA might do something about it, but it'd have to be pretty big.

I mean, there's a Call of Warhammer MTW2 mod right now which is literally set around the same time as the WTW game is now (except they haven't mentioned storm of chaos yet)

But if you imagine what happens if someone add New faction before add on are out.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

But if you imagine what happens if someone add New faction before add on are out.
    I really doubt we're going to see lizardmen, for example, before CA can get them out the door, especially with any custom animations or skeletons with no mod support. We're probably goign to see mostly scripting mods and unit rebalancing mods for WTW. Total conversions etc will probably be nigh impossible give CA will be very hands off about mods.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I mean, there's a Call of Warhammer MTW2 mod right now which is literally set around the same time as the WTW game is now (except they haven't mentioned storm of chaos yet)
    That is bad example, guess why that mod is no longer officially called CoW ;D
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I really doubt we're going to see lizardmen, for example, before CA can get them out the door, especially with any custom animations or skeletons with no mod support. We're probably goign to see mostly scripting mods and unit rebalancing mods for WTW. Total conversions etc will probably be nigh impossible give CA will be very hands off about mods.
    You are right. Bad example from my side. But if you add New units, so GW will stoppen that too. Im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    That is bad example, guess why that mod is no longer officially called CoW ;D
    It's not a bad example at all,the name change alone wouldn't have sated GW if they were their usual selves when it comes to copyright the entire shebang should've been shut down, but it wasn't for whatever reason.

You are right. Bad example from my side. But if you add New units, so GW will stoppen that too. Im sure.
    I think it depends on how popular they get, as like I've said, there are mods that add new units literally right now that are available. But you could be right in this case, who knows. I've just never heard of GW shutting down mods etc, as odd as that sounds when I think about it.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

As I said earlier, the most important to start will be prolonging battles and making unit sizes larger - the latter being made easier than previous Installments due to the removal of naval battles.

Also Merry Xmas all lol, I should be out getting pissed but sacked it to stay in with the fam.

Faster Musket Projectiles. Bullets in the videos looks slow, dropping in an arc like arrows.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast