Thread: Soundtrack?

Foederatus

Default Soundtrack?

This is mainly a question about the music to Conqvuestvs Britanniae. The soundtrack is a mix of original MTW 2 Kingdoms, and some very well chosen Celtic music. In particular there is this eerie theme which sounds like it, if it were in a film about King Arthur, would be played as a tragic battle was going on in the rain. Its the slow, deeply atmospheric one with Celtic lyrics (I cant make out the language exactly), and I'd like to know the name of it. It instantly makes me think of the lsot realms of the Old North when I hear it.

Default Re: Soundtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by Eomund12 View Post
    This is mainly a question about the music to Conqvuestvs Britanniae. The soundtrack is a mix of original MTW 2 Kingdoms, and some very well chosen Celtic music. In particular there is this eerie theme which sounds like it, if it were in a film about King Arthur, would be played as a tragic battle was going on in the rain. Its the slow, deeply atmospheric one with Celtic lyrics (I cant make out the language exactly), and I'd like to know the name of it. It instantly makes me think of the lsot realms of the Old North when I hear it.
    We thank you Eomund. I had hoped the mix of the Britannia Kingdoms music and what was added would create that haunting but somewhat esoteric feeling. In a sense something inspiring but also tragic. That song you are referring to could be from several songs but I'm not sure. Could it be ''The Celts'' or Dan Y Dwr by Enya or the Message for the Queen? Sound track from the 300. I had the music credits on a thread but at the moment cant find it..
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 04, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Foederatus

It was Dan Y Dwr. It sends chills through me. I'm English, but my family name is of Welsh origin, and I've always felt a strong attachment to Wales and its people and history. And the subject of that song is just so tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eomund12 View Post
    It was Dan Y Dwr. It sends chills through me. I'm English, but my family name is of Welsh origin, and I've always felt a strong attachment to Wales and its people and history. And the subject of that song is just so tragic.
    As I do with that song and a strong attachment to Wales. I studied European History on the Graduate level and Welsh, English, and Scottish History has been a favorite of mine. I made a point of making sure that song was a part of the soundtrack. I think for me the strong attachment comes from a past life..Italian, French and Portuguese ethnically is too a far away

(Beneath The Waters)

Dan y dwr, tawelwch sydd.
    Dan y dwr, galwaf i.
    Nid yw'r swn gyda fi.
    Dan y dwr, tawelwch am byth.
    Dan y dwr, galwaf i.
    Nid yw'r swn ddim fwy gyda fi.
    Translation
    Beneath the waters, there is silence.
    Beneath the waters, I call you.
    There is no company with me.
    Beneath the waters, silent forever.
    Beneath the waters, I call you.
    The sound is no longer with me

by Enya
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

ah yes, good song indeed. if you want, there are good tutorials in the forum on how to extract the music files from the mod; dont know if you knew about that, just a tip. btw, does anyone know what is the name of the music that plays on the main menu? it sounds a lot like "riders of doom" from conan, but its different.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: