Thread: Another appreciation thread!

Default Another appreciation thread!

Hello folks of Middle Earth,

New forum member but long time player here. When I first downloaded this mod several years ago I was impressed by all the hard work and dedication which went into bringing Tolkien's novel to life. The books and movies have left an impression on me, as I'm sure is the case for many of you, but TATW has left a special kind of impression.

I recently started up a Gondor (H/H) campaign for MOS after taking a long break from this game. I'm using all the army scripts like 'Call of Mordor' 'Corsair Invasions' etc and I have to say, it's been a blast. Nothing quite compares to the desperation of the early-mid Gondor campaign, and so far it's been a life and death struggle.

I'm about 30 turns in when my spy notices a stack moving from the black gate. "Alright," I think, "this is the retaliation stack for taking Minas Ithil." I feel confident enough to finish Boromir's siege of Ost in Ethel. So a turn passes and Mordor's army marches right on to the doorstep of Minas Ithil. First thing I notice is the Olog-Hai so I grab an extra unit of militia and pelargir marines. Everything's in order and I march to engage.

Except... Mumakil. My army is now stranded with no reinforcements, and I have to fight Mumakil .

So I start the battle and do mostly the right things. I showering the Olog Hai with spears, I launch fire arrows at those death elephants. My army is still getting overwhelmed. I manage to rally my forces and send the Mumakil amok, this time Gondor prevails. I kid you not it was the most nail-biting, razor-close battle I've ever had in a total war game. I lost over 90% of my army. Now I must carefully plan the next turns, I really feel like my skills are being tested.

Thank you modmakers for putting together this wonderful game which captures the intricacies of Tolkien's world, and has brought me hours of great fun. Thank you.

Default Re: Another appreciation thread!

Seconded. Thanks guys - everyone that contributed to TATW mod and its submods.